Tabletop Community Watch -

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
In the end, we just went from Satanists to dirty nerds to -ists and -phobes. The names we're being called changed, but we're still around.

I can't wait for a new crop of non-tard publishers, though. Because reusing old content is fine (there is a lot of material for older RPGs), but I could really do with a more convenient way to play Dark Sun than having to dig out the AD&D book.
I've made this point before, but it continues to aggravate me: it's worse this time because the Christian fundamentalists never managed to infiltrate or convert the people actually making the games. That's not the case with the wokies. Find me a major RPG maker who's not woke and I'll happily give them business.

Lamentations of the Flame Princess doesn't give two shits about anything and does a damn good job. Granted it's quality is all over the place but it's very rules light and heavy on Fluff that isn't CurrentDayPolitics. Mork Borg is another artistic style but it's a bit Pozzed but still so far over the top to be acceptable.

5e you have Frog God Games/Necromancer games , Kobold Press and Goodman Games* (for the most part), and dozens of small Kickstarted games is pushing content out that is quality and staying the fuck off social media and it's ilk. Tiny Dungeon is a must for introducing non-gamers to D&D and the rules are wonderfully simple.

Any company that posts shit on twitter is immediately rounded up Scarlet Letter style if the post does not meet their 'approval' . Older companies run by older gamers knows their market and makes BANK off them while still embracing CERTAIN technologies (World Anvil, Fantasy Grounds, Discord, etc).

You can find diamonds in the rough if you stay off twitter and know the DANGERWORDS on Kickstarter/Indigogo to watch out for in publisher's.

*Their work with that tranny that wrote Dark Tower and other Judges Guild work aside, their 1e->5e Conversions are great and DCC is fun.

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lamentations of the Flame Princess doesn't give two shits about anything and does a damn good job. Granted it's quality is all over the place but it's very rules light and heavy on Fluff that isn't CurrentDayPolitics. Mork Borg is another artistic style but it's a bit Pozzed but still so far over the top to be acceptable.

5e you have Frog God Games/Necromancer games , Kobold Press and Goodman Games* (for the most part), and dozens of small Kickstarted games is pushing content out that is quality and staying the fuck off social media and it's ilk. Tiny Dungeon is a must for introducing non-gamers to D&D and the rules are wonderfully simple.

Any company that posts shit on twitter is immediately rounded up Scarlet Letter style if the post does not meet their 'approval' . Older companies run by older gamers knows their market and makes BANK off them while still embracing CERTAIN technologies (World Anvil, Fantasy Grounds, Discord, etc).

You can find diamonds in the rough if you stay off twitter and know the DANGERWORDS on Kickstarter/Indigogo to watch out for in publisher's.

*Their work with that tranny that wrote Dark Tower and other Judges Guild work aside, their 1e->5e Conversions are great and DCC is fun.
Second for Frog God/Necromancer. I'm pretty sure Bill Webb was "canceled" by some lefty lunatics so he has zero fucks to give. Their stuff has always been good, too. Though I must confess that I bought way more of their 3rd Ed. stuff back in the day when Clark Peterson was there.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Second for Frog God/Necromancer. I'm pretty sure Bill Webb was "canceled" by some lefty lunatics so he has zero fucks to give. Their stuff has always been good, too. Though I must confess that I bought way more of their 3rd Ed. stuff back in the day when Clark Peterson was there.

Bill Webb, who is a rampaging old school boozer, had an 'incident' with a female gamer/writer by offering her a cigarette from his pack that had his room key in it (a common thing by those that buy it buy the pack). This obviously blew out of proportion to him propositioning to fuck her while his wife and kids were there at the con. An 'agreement' was made (probably money) after an 'investigation' was done and both parties never speak of it again.

Hence, he's the guy who can't wander cons alone unless he has another FGG employee with him because some chick thought she was trying to get fucked.

I remember only seeing Gygax going around Gencon with Ernie (his fucking ogrish son I think) so it makes sense to always have a second around you just to validate anything that happens.

Clark Peterson declared bankruptcy and sold out and has come back with his own gaming company again Legendary Games which just backed off it's "Oriental Adventures" book as it got lambasted on Social Media for #STOPASIANHATE cause they were using old Far East tropes. I canceled all my kickstarters for them as they bent the knee and can go fuck themselves.

Starscreams Cape

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bill Webb, who is a rampaging old school boozer, had an 'incident' with a female gamer/writer by offering her a cigarette from his pack that had his room key in it (a common thing by those that buy it buy the pack). This obviously blew out of proportion to him propositioning to fuck her while his wife and kids were there at the con. An 'agreement' was made (probably money) after an 'investigation' was done and both parties never speak of it again.

Hence, he's the guy who can't wander cons alone unless he has another FGG employee with him because some chick thought she was trying to get fucked.

I remember only seeing Gygax going around Gencon with Ernie (his fucking ogrish son I think) so it makes sense to always have a second around you just to validate anything that happens.

Clark Peterson declared bankruptcy and sold out and has come back with his own gaming company again Legendary Games which just backed off it's "Oriental Adventures" book as it got lambasted on Social Media for #STOPASIANHATE cause they were using old Far East tropes. I canceled all my kickstarters for them as they bent the knee and can go fuck themselves.
That's right, it was this chick here. BJ Hensley. Maybe he was hoping that "BJ" was a well earned nickname? I originally thought it was that hag Jessica Price.

If you old timers are scheming on women you might as well just face the fact that anyone under 35 is a pod person.

EMK-AcOXUAABNMc.jpg

Last edited:

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net

If you have any sort of profile anywhere, always have someone else with you when you go to an event. Seriously, it's like being a reverse wingman: these people need someone to shoo the thots away. Doubly so if they're autistic enough to be writing content for RPGs.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
That's right, it was this chick here. BJ Hensley. Maybe he was hoping that "BJ" was a well earned nickname? I originally thought it was that hag Jessica Price.

If you old timers are scheming on women you might as well just face the fact that anyone under 35 is a pod person.

View attachment 2064308

That is a verrrrryyyyy flattering picture of ole BJ who is buddybuddy with Jessica Price another cunt who fails forward in this industry. BJ looks like any ole midwestern soccer mom but now works at Lone Wolf the people who make herolab (which sucks balls compared to DNDBeyond). As far as TTRPG MILF's go she's a 9/10.

Since neither party is admitting wrong nor are they talking about it. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of Bill (drunk as a skunk) said something like a dumb while giving BJ a cigarette to which she took poorly (and with the room key in the cig pack) and then decided to post about it on social media for the world to see how evil the misogynists (we don't hear that term much anymore do we?) in the industry are.

Of course ole JP took up the charge and here we are.

Attachments

• EuyoxBCXUAMTZJ6.jpg
    EuyoxBCXUAMTZJ6.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Starscreams Cape

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is a verrrrryyyyy flattering picture of ole BJ who is buddybuddy with Jessica Price another cunt who fails forward in this industry. BJ looks like any ole midwestern soccer mom but now works at Lone Wolf the people who make herolab (which sucks balls compared to DNDBeyond). As far as TTRPG MILF's go she's a 9/10.

Since neither party is admitting wrong nor are they talking about it. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of Bill (drunk as a skunk) said something like a dumb while giving BJ a cigarette to which she took poorly (and with the room key in the cig pack) and then decided to post about it on social media for the world to see how evil the misogynists (we don't hear that term much anymore do we?) in the industry are.

Of course ole JP took up the charge and here we are.
A bit of a ski-slope nose, but it looks like she's trying to contain a pretty decent chest. Physical shape not too bad overall. As you say, soccer-mom hot

Aside from the fact she's a venemous, vindictive, soulless snake I can see why Bill may have "accidentally" slipped his room key in with that cigarette. As was said of Willy Loman, "nobody dast blame this man".

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
A bit of a ski-slope nose, but it looks like she's trying to contain a pretty decent chest. Physical shape not too bad overall.

Aside from the fact she's a venemous, vindictive, soulless snake I can see why Bill may have "accidentally" slipped his room key in with that cigarette. As was said of Willy Loman, "nobody dast blame this man".
She's got nice tits for sure.

As going to places with someone with people who smoke having your lighter and room key and other shit all in that plastic wrap around the cigarette pack makes complete sense. You aren't gonna lose your cigs so you keep all the shit you need in one tight package.

Attachments

• axp3gy8jvb041.jpg
    axp3gy8jvb041.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 49

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Oh, is that Paul/Jennell Jaquays? When Jennell was Paul, he did some amazing, iconic work for early AD&D. I'll never forget the creeping horror I experienced when I learned he'd become Jennell, then gotten into a relationship with Rebecca Heineman, another old school gaming figure ... who used to be Bill Heineman. Together they were supposed to do a remaster of The Bard's Tale Trilogy, but fucked it up so bad it ended up getting done by a different company. That was where it began to dawn on me that something had gone terribly mad in the gaming scene.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Oh, is that Paul/Jennell Jaquays? When Jennell was Paul, he did some amazing, iconic work for early AD&D. I'll never forget the creeping horror I experienced when I learned he'd become Jennell, then gotten into a relationship with Rebecca Heineman, another old school gaming figure ... who used to be Bill Heineman. Together they were supposed to do a remaster of The Bard's Tale Trilogy, but fucked it up so bad it ended up getting done by a different company. That was where it began to dawn on me that something had gone terribly mad in the gaming scene.
Really makes you wonder just how weird these guys' lives must have been, to see so many of them trooning out and shacking up as the years went by.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Really makes you wonder just how weird these guys' lives must have been, to see so many of them trooning out and shacking up as the years went by.

The Bard's Tale was a game I practically worshipped growing up. Burger Bill Heineman was one of if not the most prominent creator of the third game. That game happened to be the first BT where you could make characters of either gender (these were very primitive games, if they're before your time). It was through BT nostalgia I found out about Heineman's trooning out ... part of which involved giggling over how he snuck female characters past the producers as a sop to his "true identity." Barf. Thanks for fucking up my childhood memories.

There was also a telling moment in a blog post where he mentioned how everyone, absolutely everyone had been supportive of his transition ... except his wife. Yeah, I'll bet.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
Why does it matter so much to r/sigmarxism that warhammer or whatever be recognized as "Leftist satire" Sure there is a lot of dramatic irony but that doesnt make it leftist. And trannies making "Trans sphess marines XD" is even more annoying than nazi warhammer fans.
And there is evidence that 40k mocks the communists as well. I love bringing this quote up whenever someone says 40k is inherently leftist. On page 22 of the Necromunda book, The Book of Ruin, there is this quote to describe the chaos cults:
Drudging classes of the Hive Unite! Worker, let no the bounty of your labours line the pockets of the Guilders! To have more, we must take more. To take more, we must know more! Free yourselves and look to the Serrated Star for your Salvation!
So GW is implying that workers' revolutions are just chaos cults in disguise. And let's not forget the industrial worker theme of the genestealer cults. Ain't nobody in 40k that is looking out for the welfare of the downtrodden. And if someone is, they'll be dead sooner rather than later.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net

these are the only 2 folks I know from the EARLY days of D&D that have decided to transform from a butterfly into a tyranasquid. There's not a large swath of Old School Grognards that I am aware of that have done this type of LARP'n.

Jaquay's early work was good and is still held in very high regard. This dude is riding on name recognition mostly.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
these are the only 2 folks I know from the EARLY days of D&D that have decided to transform from a butterfly into a tyranasquid. There's not a large swath of Old School Grognards that I am aware of that have done this type of LARP'n.

Jaquay's early work was good and is still held in very high regard. This dude is riding on name recognition mostly.
I admit I haven't followed much in terms of who's who in D&D. But I know that at least a few guys in the more narrative-driven games (read: Storyteller and the smaller orbiter games) have either trooned out or gone "non-binary" since (for example, the guy who just got featured in the frontpage). Not really a very difficult guess that they would do something like that, though. A lot of these guys were clearly not right in the head even back in the day.

Starscreams Cape

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If only someone had gotten Jacquay and Heineman together in a room many moons ago and said "you're both gay. The sooner you come to grips with this the happier you're both gonna be".

Loose Goose

kiwifarms.net
Before coming out as a pretty butterfly, Jaquays was often considered to be a homophobic troglodyte, and his books (particularly Central Casting, a system-neutral book for creating character backgrounds) were regularly brought up as problematic for depicting homosexuality as an evil trait. He was also decried for being openly christian. Which tells us three things:
1. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
2. All this was conveniently forgiven and swept under the carpet when he trooned out.
3. If he didn't he'd already have been cancelled by now.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
I admit I haven't followed much in terms of who's who in D&D. But I know that at least a few guys in the more narrative-driven games (read: Storyteller and the smaller orbiter games) have either trooned out or gone "non-binary" since (for example, the guy who just got featured in the frontpage). Not really a very difficult guess that they would do something like that, though. A lot of these guys were clearly not right in the head even back in the day.

Who? I'm genuinely curious if any of the Grognards from the 80s totally trooned out.

NOTE: If they worked for Paizo or Green Ronin by default they will be transitioning.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
How are the WizKids miniatures? They're selling them dirt cheap in one of my LGS, shit's barely more expensive than the delivery service.