Tabletop Community Watch

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

MaskedHussar11

Ridin' down 'tards ain't easy, son.
kiwifarms.net
I thought of that after I posted. Normally getting the people who watch hololive involved in a niche tabletop that I enjoy would negatively impact me, but I realized that, on balance, WoD is being run by crazy people and I think making anime avatar people go to a game like that could only bring up its quality by offending the people who ruined the game in the first place. It can't go any lower than the cringe nWoD 2e stuff.
Yeah, I thought about mentioning the absolute state of WoD, and how it rules and political slant could be an issue in their campaign in my OP but I figured that a DM as old as Cali would have figured out that you can always just use house rules and older lore. As for Anime Avatars making it better, that seems a bit too :optimistic: for me. But you never know.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I thought about mentioning the absolute state of WoD, and how it rules and political slant could be an issue in their campaign in my OP but I figured that a DM as old as Cali would have figured out that you can always just use house rules and older lore. As for Anime Avatars making it better, that seems a bit too :optimistic: for me. But you never know.
Better is a relative term. More WoD-related trashfires as libertarian anime coomers clash with woke game writers is funny. That constitutes better for me.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
It's probably going to go off the rails extremely quickly and devolve into a lot of fooling around. Which... is bad in terms of a RPG session, but... representative of a lot of my experiences playing WoD. I'm fine with that. I don't really like the HololiveEN girls all that much, but I'll give at least the first episode a watch. Who knows, maybe Calli was a competent tard wrangler in a previous life.

Randall Fragg

Tran Ranch is under siege!
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's why, as a progressive DM, my next Ravenloft campaign is set in a McDonalds in Des Moines, where the players are the 10am-2pm shift and there are no vampires, mummies or zombies. Plenty of opportunities to have a wide range of NPC backgrounds, though, and yes, PC's still have to deal with hordes of angry peasants on occasion.
You laugh, but having a few decently-leveled PCs get reversed-Isekai'd into the modern world and having to get menial jobs at Micky D's would be a great one or two shot.
Imagine Grigner the Great, 7th-level Barbarian, being forced to deal with Moviebob.

SITHRAK!

ESL teenager spouting gibberish and angry words.
kiwifarms.net
You laugh, but having a few decently-leveled PCs get reversed-Isekai'd into the modern world and having to get menial jobs at Micky D's would be a great one or two shot.
Imagine Grigner the Great, 7th-level Barbarian, being forced to deal with Moviebob.
Back in the 80’s, Marvel’s ‘What If...’ imprint did a ‘what if Conan was transferred to the modern world’. Was pretty funny. Started with Conan watching a panhandler and then approaching a businessman and slurring “hey buddy gotta quarter?’.
The terrified dude gives him 50c in change which he keeps and $50 in bills, which he promptly throws away because he’s never seen paper money before.
Ends with him being a crime lord complete with a 70’s pimp suit and a pet leopard on a leash. Funny shit.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Back to the whole HololiveEN playing Hunter thing... I'll be honest with you, I didn't see any red flags on that stream. It went exactly how all my previous experiences teaching newbies and guiding them through chargen went. Including the dumb questions ("can I get a specialization to talk to birds?") and people not realizing they get their first point in any attribute for free (someone always gets that one wrong). Actually... it went better than most because it looked like all the girls were paying attention and making an effort.

I still think it's going to derail once they get to actually playing the game, but so far I'm a bit surprised (and disappointed) with how smoothly that chargen session went.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Fuck that, I want a full on Burgerpunk Ravenloft supplement, with a Silicon Valley techbro as its Darklord and endless concrete jungle as its mist.
vdjzolzgyxs61.jpg

kayd8m168q651.jpg

KRFIAW7FTREQZGRANFIR7AZZXI.jpg

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

The Autist who unironically studied Klingon
kiwifarms.net
The Hololive EN crew are starting up a Hunter: The Vigil game for their channels.
View attachment 2201034

It will be DM'd by Cali, who has seems to have DM'd before, which is a good sign.
View attachment 2201039

However, I think this series will implode, and potentially be worse than CR, for a few reasons.

Firstly, for all the faults of the CR crew, they were experienced Entertainers from a the entertainment industry, and they had a competent DM with years of experience to steer them in the right direction. However, Cali's GMing is likely less skilled due to the fact that she will have spent most of her time working in Japan, both on her music and her various jobs.

However, the main issue would be the difficultly of reigning in the excesses of her players. I'm not a Holosimp, and don't follow these girls much outside of to laugh at them on The Other Farm, but from what I can see from what YouTube blasts on my recommended, this will be the first time any of them will have to be held on track by an authority figure, and I can envision that coming of the rails due to the girls air-headed personas.

As for the players, the girls simply aren't all that talented. Mori has her niche rap music, and Ina has her art, but other than that, the girls are very bland, can hardly stay in their industry mandated characters, nevermind a character within a character. Really their only universal talent is branding (read: being an Anime Avatar), and they will often rely very heavily on essentially being sexy to entertain, rather than good improv or talent.

Additionally, I doubt very much that outside of Mori (who may only like TTRPG's for the Aesthetic, which would explain why she went with a WoD property) any of the other girls care about, much less played, an RPG. I think that will lead to a lack of passion from the girls, and would result in a great deal of tangents and going off-script just because they're bored. The CR players may just be milking the show for money, but at least they have industry professionalism to somewhat mask that.

I think that lack of passion will often lead to a great deal of rules mess ups and long pauses to figure out what to do, which is sensible for a group on their own, but these are entertainers who have to keep a narrative and gameplay moving. One of the complaints of CR is the constant mess ups of the rules, and I think that will apply here too.

But, I think the real entertainment will come from the simps themselves. Their chat is comprised of the most possesive and thirsty Simps you have ever seen, and they will frequently backseat game whenever their queens seem to be encountering the slightest difficulty, and this issue is often compounded by the fact that the Holo chat are very un-modded, only one mod or so for hundreds and thousands of viewers. An example of one of the thirsting/backseat drivers seen below.
View attachment 2201125

These are the turbo-autists who will regularly reeeee at their Queens when ever they won't comply with their compulsive need to order their actions. And who had screaming fits when a Holostaffer gave them joke in game items in Minecraft, stating that it was ruining the game. In almost every TTRPG series I've watched there is always some degree of backseat gaming and frustration with player actions, and I can only see that being magnified here where the problem has already frustrated some of the girls (namely Sachi/Amelia).

That said, I don't see much of a mass exodus into the hobby like with CR and their tumblrites. The VHookers tried to do an ERP once, and that didn't go anywhere, so their fans may simply consume the content, and move on when the series ends after 4-5 episodes. Simps never really get all that invested in what their queen is ever doing, outside of the fact that their queen is doing it. However, I don't understand weebs, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Regardless, I have high hopes for the shitstorm that will inevitably be kicked up!
View attachment 2201154
seething female hands typed this. I don't know what it is but every woman I've met just seethes over Vtubers. Even the most bland and inoffensive will be assumed to be a massive turbo whore and giggathot who's only doing it for the money and eats babies IRL.

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

kiwifarms.net
Anime girls confirmed better than 3d whores.
The great thing about Vtubers is it takes away a lot of the physical advantages a thot might have. You have to actually possess a decent personality and have a talent to draw people in to be successful. You can't just gormlessly stare at a camera whilst shaking your tits. You have to put energy into being an interesting person. Hence why Vtubers are waxing whilst camthots are waning.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
The great thing about Vtubers is it takes away a lot of the physical advantages a thot might have. You have to actually possess a decent personality and have a talent to draw people in to be successful. You can't just gormlessly stare at a camera whilst shaking your tits. You have to put energy into being an interesting person. Hence why Vtubers are waxing whilst camthots are waning.
The hordes of tittytubers washing up on our shores every day beg to differ.

These and the troons, both obvious and text-to-speech-based.

RX-78NT-1 Alex Gundam

kiwifarms.net
The hordes of tittytubers washing up on our shores every day beg to differ.

These and the troons, both obvious and text-to-speech-based.
Compare Vshojo and indie numbers to Hololive. No one talks about that one tranny using TTS for their V-tuber. No one cares other than their niche audience. People propped up Melody because she made thots seethe. After that it just became more of the same shit and no one talks about it compared to the massive growth of Hololive.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
this. even if it goes nowhere or ends up boring, it's still content and watching someone entertaining (ymmv) doing stupid stuff on stream. anime avatar only goes so far.
also lol @ "wah libertarian anime coomers invading my hobby" or thinking any of that woke shit will make it on stream, or have any big effect at all.

all you gonna get is more of this:

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
For the love of Christ, we need more normies in the WoD fandom. The current fan base are apparently a bunch of rabid fucking pirhanas with Twitter accounts.
Most normies don't feel the need to escape reality by pretending to be vampires and other brands of edgelord. Probably because most normies don't feel the need to escape reality.

Kabuki Actor

Posthumous Grooming Victim
kiwifarms.net
For the love of Christ, we need more normies in the WoD fandom. The current fan base are apparently a bunch of rabid fucking pirhanas with Twitter accounts.
WoD is made to extoll the virtues of the monster, because it is by monsters, for monsters. Overpowering the gatekeepers with the force brought by a Hunter stream would mean that HoloLive is opposing the monsters, and in such, have become the hunters.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Last edited: