Tabletop Community Watch -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

IneptRobot

Brave contributer to the HeWillNutDivideUs jar
kiwifarms.net
As a hobgoblin, I agree. Goblins need the lash to stay in line, but orcs get the blood-stained altar of Maglubiyet.
I ran an evil campaign for about 2 years.

The PC's were low life scum, living in a coastal city of 6 million people, built like Pre-Bubonic Plague London, after a major war that had tons of immigrants from destroyed areas.

We had a kobold, a tiefling/orc, a pureblood orc, and an elven witch.

They sold drugs, ran scams, mugged people, robbed houses, ran protection rackets, worked for "Uncle Louie" and "Auntie Lee" (two crime lords, one out of a tavern/butchershop, the other out of an opium/mahjong parlor), smuggled shit, ran prostitution rings, sold fake magic items.

Hell, if someone missed a session, we just went "LOL, they got caught by the guard and sent to the mines for week!" and everyone rolled with it. When they came back, it was always "How was the mines? Your butthole still sealed?" and off they went on their next adventure.

Were they evil? Fuck yeah. But they were good to their parents, did shit like break their cousins out of jail (the kobold ALWAYS had a cousin somewhere), and stole from the rich to give to the people in The Hive.

It was a fucking blast.

THis person hates other people having fun because they're a faggot.
I always wanted to play a campaign like this, hell, I'd really like to play a kind of mob, heist, true crime, Sopranos inspired DnD campaign.
Lot's of planning, thieving, morally questionable actions, breaking and entering, bluffing, heists, double crossing, questioning how far you'll go for money and generally just not being heroes or good guys at all, just self interested bastards who work together for gold.
I don't mind being actively malicious for profit.
If some guy wants to stop werewolves attacking a town, sure, we'll take one of the guys from the town, shank him a little and tie him to a stake outside the town as bait.
Need a business rival to suffer a loss? No worries, we planted evidence of a vampire nest and then burned down his warehouse.
What's that? Someone has 'rescued' kidnapped your changeling 'companion' bride? Sure, we'll get it back.
Political rival telling lies about you and hiring bad faith actors to ruin your public appearances? We've got it covered, but when you launch an 'altruistic' search party to get him back don't look under pier number 3 cause you might just find him, well, bits of him.
In the words of my favourite character:
1629807347592.png

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I always wanted to play a campaign like this, hell, I'd really like to play a kind of mob, heist, true crime, Sopranos inspired DnD campaign.
Lot's of planning, thieving, morally questionable actions, breaking and entering, bluffing, heists, double crossing, questioning how far you'll go for money and generally just not being heroes or good guys at all, just self interested bastards who work together for gold.
I don't mind being actively malicious for profit.
If some guy wants to stop werewolves attacking a town, sure, we'll take one of the guys from the town, shank him a little and tie him to a stake outside the town as bait.
Need a business rival to suffer a loss? No worries, we planted evidence of a vampire nest and then burned down his warehouse.
What's that? Someone has 'rescued' kidnapped your changeling 'companion' bride? Sure, we'll get it back.
Political rival telling lies about you and hiring bad faith actors to ruin your public appearances? We've got it covered, but when you launch an 'altruistic' search party to get him back don't look under pier number 3 cause you might just find him, well, bits of him.
In the words of my favourite character:
View attachment 2475411
It can be a LOT of fun if everyone's on board. We did a lot of 'Payday 2' shit too.

We also had a nice thing with the players where they'd let their opponents (gang members/guard) retreat when wounded, which kept the body count down (which kept the guard out of The Hive) and made it so we could have repeating bad guys and bad guys who turned over to their side. Being caught with a magical weapon was months in the mine, so it wasn't uncommon for them to sell magic weapons to the guard out back of the guard tower, which got them let go a few times.

"We caught that kobold selling moon milk."
"Wrong kobold. Let him go."
>shows up behind the guard tower to pass the Watch Commander a +2 dagger.
"Thank you, my friend."

They were also involved in stealing jam recipes for YumYum Jam, fighting a cult who wanted to destroy spices and good food, and once started a riot which they used as cover to break everyone out of prison before they could be sent to the mines.

Oh, and we had a couple of weekends where the whole party had been sent to the mines, so I had to map that shit in Roll20 and come up with 'lifers' in the mines. A couple times they deliberately got sent to the mines so they could talk to people or bribe the guards to let a particular person free.

Corn Flakes

Kellogg's Brain Candy
kiwifarms.net
It can be a LOT of fun if everyone's on board. We did a lot of 'Payday 2' shit too.

We also had a nice thing with the players where they'd let their opponents (gang members/guard) retreat when wounded, which kept the body count down (which kept the guard out of The Hive) and made it so we could have repeating bad guys and bad guys who turned over to their side. Being caught with a magical weapon was months in the mine, so it wasn't uncommon for them to sell magic weapons to the guard out back of the guard tower, which got them let go a few times.

"We caught that kobold selling moon milk."
"Wrong kobold. Let him go."
>shows up behind the guard tower to pass the Watch Commander a +2 dagger.
"Thank you, my friend."

They were also involved in stealing jam recipes for YumYum Jam, fighting a cult who wanted to destroy spices and good food, and once started a riot which they used as cover to break everyone out of prison before they could be sent to the mines.

Oh, and we had a couple of weekends where the whole party had been sent to the mines, so I had to map that shit in Roll20 and come up with 'lifers' in the mines. A couple times they deliberately got sent to the mines so they could talk to people or bribe the guards to let a particular person free.
That's a fantastic way of doing things. One of the main reasons people lose their way when playing evil parties is a lack of objectives and a lack of constraints. A non-evil party can just go from adventure to adventure, bumbling their way between plothooks and eventually save the world.

A party whose main interest is making money at any cost needs to purposefully go after opportunities. You don't achieve world domination by accident, either. Having a party with a clear objective and constraints to their behavior like that really helps keep things moving and the players focused. I need to show this one to my GM. He's been stuck planning our next campaign so this might help get the creative juices flowing.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
So I posted in the 40k thread but I think I shouldn't have kept mentioning it there since some people wanna get away from that shit so this thread seems better for it. However, recently GW was able to get their hands on taking down a rather large 3D printing Mega. Now this sounds like typical GW business right? Well as a result a big 3D printing community on reddit have mentioned that a youtuber called Commissar Gamza who had gotten a lot of hype recently pushing 3D printing might have been the cause of all this. Now the reddit community has locked itself down and is now tightening up access to anything now.

At first I was skeptical about Gamza being a the cause of it but he had a made a video trying to cover up his tracks and the stuff he says in it make you think the guy really does work for GW.

At 2:25

>Now listen up im gonna say this loud and clear BITCH
>What you idiots need to realize here is it is your fault not mine
>It is YOU who is trying to hide these files from GW because you are guilty and realize it
>You have to hide these files or they get removed
>So you create vast secret organizations just to hide them

1541614561464115.PNG

From what I gather and (if anyone else here can add to it please do becasue im seeing a lot of half baked info) Gamza had a public discord server where people were just posting links to the mega and according to Gamza he and his mods apparently always made sure to "delete the links fast" on top of that a user in Gamzas server reportedly made a slideshow presentation showing people how to access the mega themselves.

Making a video trying to say you are innocent and then saying that "3D printers shouldn't be so secretive over their files" coming from a guy who says Gatekeeping is needed in Warhammer is fucking rich.

Full on tin foil tier accusation -

I saw people on /tg/ (trust worthy I know) even going as far as accusing Gamza of reporting the Mega himself in order to push an alt 40k setting called "Spacemace69" where its trying to make their own lore, models, and rules becasue 8th/9th edition 40k ruined the entire franchise. I highly doubt this is true if anyone else has any more info on this id like to know.

Gamza himself has a long history of being a rather loud asshole and even was chased out of youtube for year. He has recently came back with an axe to grind agasint GW, Warhammer players, and other youtubers.

CervixHammer

Internet ist Krieg
kiwifarms.net
Combat Wheelchair v3 is out.
combatwheelchairisnotOPiswear.jpg
It comes with a magic stone that enables the combat wheelchair to hover up stairs, ladders, etc., wheels that can pretty much disregard terrain, and gives a free skill proficiency, while encouraging/guilt-tripping DMs into letting disabled characters have them for free. How is that not advantageous?

Also if you even mention the combat wheelchair on Youtube or Twitch, "YOU MUST" spam promo for the Karen who wrote all this bullshit:
combat copyright.jpg
(or what, Sara?)

Inquisitor_BadAss

Spooky Scary Pumpkin Posts
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2501106
It comes with a magic stone that enables the combat wheelchair to hover up stairs, ladders, etc., wheels that can pretty much disregard terrain, and gives a free skill proficiency, while encouraging/guilt-tripping DMs into letting disabled characters have them for free. How is that not advantageous?

Also if you even mention the combat wheelchair on Youtube or Twitch, "YOU MUST" spam promo for the Karen who wrote all this bullshit:
View attachment 2501181
(or what, Sara?)
Original cripple carrier donut steal but yeah literally nothing she could do about it except scream into the void. Also it’s not like she didn’t rip her idea off from Professor X
386F0BDF-2978-4F26-9D9D-E3678AA129C5.jpeg

Game master arino

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2501106

View attachment 2501181
(or what, Sara?)
wow indie creators really hate intellectual property laws until they can use them to get internet fame

Corn Flakes

Kellogg's Brain Candy
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2501106

View attachment 2501181
(or what, Sara?)
"To be punished for having a disability is cruel"? Really? In real life, perhaps. But you still have to deal with it.

In a game? Where you chose for your character to have a disability? Facing the consequences of your own actions is what roleplaying games and wargames are all about. The character is disabled because you wanted it to be, bitch. You're the one condemning them to have no legs, just because you fetishize disability. You are the cruel one, and you're trying to cover up your guilt by trying to get people to agree with you. So kindly fuck right off.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
This whole combat wheelchair thing is just the worst kind of RPG tourism. That bullshit "property rights" thing only encourages creators to NOT ALLOW YOUR IDEAS IN THEIR GAME, KAREN. THEY HAVE AN EXCUSE KAREN. THINK, KAREN, THINK!

On the other hand, that's a good thing. Combat wheelchairs are exceptional in a world where a cripple can go to his local Good-aligned church and walk out just as able-bodied as the next person. We all know the chairs aren't for the actually disabled, they're for dangerhair tourists to pretend to be disabled so their farts smell extra-good with how "progressive" they're being.

Flaming Insignias

Dragon, Pope, Milf, Witch
kiwifarms.net
This whole combat wheelchair thing is just the worst kind of RPG tourism. That bullshit "property rights" thing only encourages creators to NOT ALLOW YOUR IDEAS IN THEIR GAME, KAREN. THEY HAVE AN EXCUSE KAREN. THINK, KAREN, THINK!

On the other hand, that's a good thing. Combat wheelchairs are exceptional in a world where a cripple can go to his local Good-aligned church and walk out just as able-bodied as the next person. We all know the chairs aren't for the actually disabled, they're for dangerhair tourists to pretend to be disabled so their farts smell extra-good with how "progressive" they're being.
Really, if you really want to play a crippled character, make their disability mean something. Get yourself a big guy to piggy-back on, be wheeled around on a cart, use a horse, maybe a normal antique wheelchair if you’re lucky, anything other than that overpowered mess. Getting knocked down and trying to stand your ground is just part of the package that comes with being a disabled character.

Last edited:

Starscreams Cape

Read my posts in his voice
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He has yet to mention majorkill again but I bet he’s just waiting.
In no way, shape or form would Gamza work for GW given the amount of shit he's said about them. Yes his voice is annoying, it sounds like he tries to be a Jim Rome Clone with his inflection. But he's obviously hit a nerve with people tired of GW's whole deal. Good on him.

As far as 3D printing GW models, are people suffering mass amnesia? The minute good quality minis could be made people started saying "I'm going to start printing my 40k minis rather than forfeiting my rent money to buy them". To blame a single YouTuber for that idea is so patently absurd it defies belief.

Lastly, I'd be careful because you are getting dangerously close to looking like an A-logger regarding this guy.