Tabletop Community Watch -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
Combat Wheelchair v3 is out.
View attachment 2501106
It comes with a magic stone that enables the combat wheelchair to hover up stairs, ladders, etc., wheels that can pretty much disregard terrain, and gives a free skill proficiency, while encouraging/guilt-tripping DMs into letting disabled characters have them for free. How is that not advantageous?

Also if you even mention the combat wheelchair on Youtube or Twitch, "YOU MUST" spam promo for the Karen who wrote all this bullshit:
View attachment 2501181
(or what, Sara?)
Don’t forget:
  • Can choose to strength OR dexterity for chair attacks when every other melee weapon uses strength as its attack modifier
  • Can only be damaged with 3 consecutive critical hits (and only critical hits) or if takes at least 100 ft worth of fall damage total (meaning that sucker has roughly 60 HP, compare that to the a wheelbarrow of the same size which would have an armor class of 15 or 19 depending on the material and a maximum of 18 HP)
  • The chair can never be damaged by area attacks or spells
  • Damaging the chair never effects a player’s movement speed
  • Can replace a mount for the characters with the relevant sub-classes and feats… including getting god damn opportunity attacks specifically for the chair as though it were a living animal. Combine with the above, it has all the benefits of mounted combat without any of the risks of having a mount that could be attacked or the player being separated from their mount the way the rules intended
  • Gets 3 different types of attacks with the chair, one which appears to give you an extra 10 feet of movement but that last part is unclear due to being very poorly worded
  • On that same note, the chair’s movement and the player’s movement are counted as being separate apparently
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s what stuck out to me. And you just know the second someone cries about how they can’t use this thing in one of those modules that has a lot of thin balance beam puzzles and/or traps that require specific kinds of footwork, that "can hover 2 feet above the stairs" thing is gonna be expanded to the point that it becomes even more broken when it’s immune to all floor-based puzzles, traps, and hazards instead of just the stair-based ones. And if someone ever puts it up against one of the old Grimtooth traps, it’ll probably end up getting a literal everything-proof shield.

Not that the latter will likely happen. I doubt these rules get much use outside of their own little cliques anyways.

Corn Flakes

Kellogg's Brain Candy
kiwifarms.net
One Man Bland said:
Not that the latter will likely happen. I doubt these rules get much use outside of their own little cliques anyways.
I would bet good money that, D&D youtubers and streamers aside, fewer than 100 games would implement those rules, worldwide, and that less than 20 of those would last longer than 5 sessions. This shit is streamer bait, it's the RPG equivalent of that flood of viral games we've seen a few years back, crafted specifically to get guys like Markiplier and PewDiePie to play them. Only now it's Matt Mercer instead.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
The only realistic disabled D&D character would be one that makes up for their disabled body by having another body that they can control with their mind. Like say, a character who is halfway between a Protoss Dragoon and Alphonse Elric.

But hey, realism never stopped these twats before, so why start now?

Capsaicin Addict

Now see here you little shit.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's so much fucking wrong about the combat wheelchair rules that it beggars the imagination to think someone thought this was a good idea. It's astonishingly unbalanced. This is right up there with crappy prestige classes and game breaking feats (looking at you, greenbound summoning).

Kabuki Actor

kiwifarms.net
Crossover with Deviantart Horrors; Maiesta, the pregnancy RPG. Don't get me wrong, it's not actually about pregnancy, it's just about a weird caster archetype that gets superficially pregnant with animistic godlings. /TG/ calls it "an amateur RPG being developed featuring themes of Motherhood and Spiritualism", which I consider a completely incorrect euphemism for being a fetish excuse plot.
The world of Prognora is a living, breathing place. Spirits reside in everything from the earth and loam to the scattered clouds above. They take the form of angels and demons, mighty beasts and noble apparitions. And yet, for all their power and majesty, these spirits need to come from somewhere. They must be carried, nurtured, and taught the ways of the world they will one day care for. Among all the mortal races, precious few individuals have the potential to shoulder this monumental burden. Fewer still have the unbreakable spark to pursue that potential to the fullest.
Why do these fetish settings always have such overt names?
Ephemeral beings of immense potential, gravs take shelter in the wombs of Maiesta and represent a source of spiritual power that is without equal. With a combination of practice, instinct, and pure willpower, maiesta can shape this raw potential - a force known broadly as Gravitas - into tangible effects they can unleash on command.
I also think that the writer mistook "ephemeral" for "ethereal", unless that's the exact reason why they need regular unbirths.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
How's that wokeness treating you, Paizo?

1.png
2.png
3.png

Don't worry Jessica, I hear David Hill is hiring.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2535524
View attachment 2535525
View attachment 2535526

Well, Jessica, the reason there's "weak men in leadership positions" is that the same whisper networks you bitch about got rid of anyone with any backbone or willingness to yank people up short.

Ever since people like you got involved with the TTRPG scene it's gone steadily downhill.

Oh, and everything you've ever tried to design sucks balls.

Corn Flakes

Kellogg's Brain Candy
kiwifarms.net
Well, Jessica, the reason there's "weak men in leadership positions" is that the same whisper networks you bitch about got rid of anyone with any backbone or willingness to yank people up short.

Ever since people like you got involved with the TTRPG scene it's gone steadily downhill.

Oh, and everything you've ever tried to design sucks balls.
I love how she considers questioning whether wokeness as your main draw as a company is a good idea a sin.

SpaceMovie1992

Ram Ranch Invasion Force
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2535524
View attachment 2535525
View attachment 2535526

Ah, sour grapes from the woman who couldn't even hack it as a community relations manager for a dead MMORPG and who danced on the grave of a man who literally died of ass cancer

Jessica Price is a fucking snake and anything that comes out of her mouth is suspect. She's just coping because Paizo probably canned her ass for being an unlikeable bitch.

Last edited: