Tabletop Community Watch

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Ongoing DDoS attack. kiwifarms.ru may work better for now.

Tactical Wizard

Explosiomancer
kiwifarms.net
Would troons even exist in most D&D settings? I mean changing sex is pretty easy and gender doesnt really have the same clout as irl so I imagine making a big deal out of being a one would be really odd, it seems more like you might make a matter of fact comment if relavent at most.
It exists, canonically in Wildemount. The official release contains an NPC who was born female but then scraped up the money to be polymorphed into a man and, because they're a spy, it actually helps their cover a bit.

I'm finally getting around to the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount and I've gotta say, it's not half bad.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
It exists, canonically in Wildemount. The official release contains an NPC who was born female but then scraped up the money to be polymorphed into a man and, because they're a spy, it actually helps their cover a bit.

I'm finally getting around to the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount and I've gotta say, it's not half bad.

It's quite interesting the d&d provides what they want irl but can't grasp what it would look like. I mean the siege of dragonspear violently shit the bed with its portrayal because it's designed in the context of the audience rather than setting.

Last edited:

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net

Does that even count as "troon", though? That's the equivalent of a 100% passing post-op person. At that point you're not even transgender anymore, you're just... gender. Does the character talk a lot about how they were a female? Does the setting/adventure put an undue amount of importance in it?

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Does that even count as "troon", though? That's the equivalent of a 100% passing post-op person. At that point you're not even transgender anymore, you're just... gender. Does the character talk a lot about how they were a female? Does the setting/adventure put an undue amount of importance in it?

Theoretically no, transgenderism is ultimately a flawed process to try and manage an irl condition. The existence of trans as a social construct in reaction to the imperfect nature of the process. Theoretically if we master the tech required to fully transform fully then a lot of the wind of trans identities sails is lost, because the difference between natural born and not is then historical rather than biological. So a high magic d&d setting would kill trans id stone dead, especially when combined with the reduced emphasis on gender.

IRL On the flip side it'd be a disaster for lot of the cows on the forums as becoming their desired gender would strip away a lot of the delusions they use to keep themselves sane. Secret gamer girl would have to come to terms with the truth he's a fucking loser and that's why people hate him. He'd look like warmed up shit in about a month of being a woman because he won't do the work to look good.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
There is a large segment of the troon population that they don't want to be women they want to be special snowflake trannies.

Its like the deaf community. Where there is a large segment of the Deaf population who view any attempt at trying to restore hearing as equivalent to genocide. They excommunicate people who get surgeries, refuse to deal with anyone who has hearing, etc. Because without their disability, they have nothing. They are deaf, they are signers, that is their identity.

So many troons firstly just have AGP, where they don't actually feel they are women but just fetishize the idea that they could be a woman, but can't conceptualize themselves as women, but also view being a guy in a dress injecting horsepiss as a valid cultural identity because that's all they have. Take that away and as @Emperor Julian points out they are left with the realization that they, and not TERFs, are what makes them unhappy and unpopular. Once they can't say "well, all the girls in the book club hate me because I'm Trans", they have to accept that the book club women exclude them because they are unpleasant and a creeper, and that if they actually put effort into being the woman they claim they are and not a spectacle, society probably wouldn't give a shit. (and if they had put similar effort into being a man and not a creep, they wouldn't have needed to pay someone to cut off their dick to feel acceptance in a community)

So being able to actually become women, instead of some weird surgical abomination, is extremely triggering and evil because it is dismissing their struggle to be a man with an ironclad excuse for inserting themselves into women's spaces.

tl;dr: That's a female who became a male, and therefore is extremely problematic.

Last edited:

Tactical Wizard

Explosiomancer
kiwifarms.net
It's quite interesting the d&d provides what they want irl but can't grasp what it would look like. I mean the siege of dragonspear violently shit the bed with its portrayal because it's designed in the context of the audience rather than setting.
I’m not familiar with that one. Could you give me a rundown? I avoid modules like the plague.

They don’t say. It’s just a name with a one or two sentence description. The book is a lot less pozzed than I thought it would be.

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
I’m not familiar with that one. Could you give me a rundown? I avoid modules like the plague.
It’s not a module. Its an expansion to the first Baldur’s Gate game. From what I hear, there’s a troon shopkeeper who winges about how hard it is being trans. This is in the Forgotten Realms, a setting that is second only to Eberron and Planescape when it comes to how high the magic is, and even had a character (Elminster) live as a woman at one point because the author is a sick fetishist.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
For me, I got the impression Paizo was actually woke, and WOTC was just performative "Hello fellow children Queers and Negros" for money. Like Paizo wanted to EXPAND their market to also get the gays, and WOTC just wanted to target wokes because the market analysis department figured they could probably get more sales from faggots to replace any white cishet male paypigs who did actually stop buying their products instead of just grognarding about trannies in the Shire.
So Paizo seemed to have people who were interested in presenting a message of equality in a universal way, instead of "What does the twitterbot say faggots want? Says they like Harry Potter, Glee, and dressing up like Liberace during Carnivale... and recommends Gay Tranny Magic Prom? Alright, that's the new book. Make it happen."

Which is why Paizo often made me roll my eyes at some of their 'principalled stance' positions but I never put them on the naughty list over their politics; mainly I didn't buy Pathfinder stuff because I wasn't a huge fan of the powergamer design goals or where they took 3.75e in general.
I think I finally figured out what the difference is for me. I wouldn't necessarily call paizo woke, just very liberal. woke for me is when shit gets retarded and hamfisted, and with current year and other retardation going on it overshadows the more measured ones by a mile. it's like playing kender, in itself there's nothing wrong with them, some people can play them properly (and in moderation), but with all the LOLKENDER players flanderizing the fuck out of it no one wants to take the chance anymore. or someone doing this, which apparently isn't half bad but gets ignored, and suddenly no one can stop jerking themselves off over wheelchair accessible dungeons which are fucking retarded.

for example one of the paizo APs (can't remember which one) has a troon, but you never know since it's not an in your face npc, just someone you meet helping another npc to sell her heirloom sword. if you don't ask her you'd never know, same way you'd never know why that other npc wants to sell her dad's heirloom (to buy the genderswap potion, iirc). that's pretty much it and how it should be done, it make sense in setting, is an understandable character motivation, isn't retarded about it, and can be easily ignored/changed if you so wish.
stuff like explaining the x card is just par the course for current year, might leave a bad aftertaste but also where it ends for most groups.

I think it would be a lot more like Alpha Blue or w/e Venger Satanis's game is called. FATAL always sounded like it was written by the kind of autist who would be mostly against tranny stuff and probably align with a right-libertarian trolling type of deal (It's edgy as fuck), but he also had his own fetishes and shocking content to insert.
don't think he had any alignment, or at least don't remember reading much in that vein in the book. he is a statistician tho, and boy can you feel that (especially since he sources a lot why a table is what is, like pregnancy and other stuff, same for racism etc.); imo memes like anal circumference aren't necessarily a fetish, just some dude asking "well, if that happens what would the math be and what stats would you need?" and then put it in the crunch, without ever asking himself if he should and how it adds to the game. every system is an abstraction to some degree, so the designer has to find a good middle ground between playability and realism, and fatal just leans heavily to one side (for example there's at least one system I've seen which has ballistic calculations for fireballs, but since it's not LOL SEX XD it gets much less meme'd).

also fwiw, the sex stuff etc is all optional as he points out several times (like always it comes down to your group and gm, which is pretty much what he said). and apparently the system looks worse than it is, I remember some anon on cripplechan successfully running a few games with it.

oh, and FATAL is worth reading for the event table alone imo.

It’s not a module. Its an expansion to the first Baldur’s Gate game. From what I hear, there’s a troon shopkeeper who winges about how hard it is being trans. This is in the Forgotten Realms, a setting that is second only to Eberron and Planescape when it comes to how high the magic is, and even had a character (Elminster) live as a woman at one point because the author is a sick fetishist.
the same author did a module tho, first adventure in the wrath of the righteous AP for pathfinder, with pretty much the same issue.
no idea how much of that made it into the videogame, but since I didn't hear much hubbub about it they probably toned it down.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
It’s not a module. Its an expansion to the first Baldur’s Gate game. From what I hear, there’s a troon shopkeeper who winges about how hard it is being trans.

Not quite, the npc in it is weird . They mention they're trans in a really clunky tangent and the story of her name makes her sound like an idiot.

iu

The trigger for this line is a query about the name after introduction. at the time the usual people rallied to defence, failing to notice it was incredibly performative.

Last edited:

DeagleNationRefugee

kiwifarms.net
Not quite, the npc in is weird . The pc mentions they're trans in a really clunky tangent and the story of her name makes her sound like an idiot.

iu

The trigger for this line is a query about the name after introduction. at the time the usual people rallied to defence, failing to notice it was incredibly performative.
What's fucking hilarious is, unless they fixed it, you can just murder this NPC with no consequence. Normally, and for all other NPCs milling around the camp, this would provoke a hostile response from everyone. Its like they just forgot to flag something for this particular NPC. Makes it pretty obvious they were inserted at the last minute just to virtue signal.

Fictional Character

kiwifarms.net
the same author did a module tho, first adventure in the wrath of the righteous AP for pathfinder, with pretty much the same issue.
no idea how much of that made it into the videogame, but since I didn't hear much hubbub about it they probably toned it down.

Wrath of the Righteous videogame lets you find the sword that was pawned to pay for a sex change potion and return it to the original owner. But I don't think you can actually learn it was pawned for that reason in-game unless it's in a text note somewhere. Even if you could learn about it, it wouldn't be anywhere near the top of deviant sex shit in that game.

The main hubbub regarding the Wrath of the Righteous videogame was that people were surprised there was a lot of bugs in the Swarm-that-walks mythic path. Not really (though it's so buggy only 1% of players have the steam achievement for even unlocking the path). It was actually that the character Reddit built up in their heads to be the perfect lesbian waifu is not only straight, but also a cannibal serial killer. (Not really a spoiler, since she gets aroused every time there's any sort of violence and yet people were somehow taken by surprise.)

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's fucking hilarious is, unless they fixed it, you can just murder this NPC with no consequence. Normally, and for all other NPCs milling around the camp, this would provoke a hostile response from everyone. Its like they just forgot to flag something for this particular NPC. Makes it pretty obvious they were inserted at the last minute just to virtue signal.
Could be, Beam Dog can't even be bothered to put a proper sign on their door and instead just puts a 8x10 piece of paper up with the name "Beam Dog" in size 14 font. They're lazy cheap fucks no next to know experience.
Paizo has officially recognized the union, and the next step is negotiating a collective bargaining agreement. This is not going to end well.

View attachment 2647736
Can't wait to see increased prices and people bitching about how little they get paid now. Unions are never a good idea.
They affiliated with the CWA which is a telephone workers union isn't it? Weird choice.
They're usually cheaper to go with and do less work because of it.

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
Paizo has officially recognized the union, and the next step is negotiating a collective bargaining agreement. This is not going to end well.

View attachment 2647736

This is the dumbest move they could have possibly made.
By "they" I mean Paizo management and the trannies, except for the CWA who are about to get some additional dues until everyone gets fired and replaced by contractors.

So the incompetent political dangerhairs will be even more difficult to remove now? I'm just glad I was never into any of their products.
Maybe; Depending on the agreement this could be smart, where Pozzio outsources headcount reductions (and the associated fall out) to the Union. "Sad you lost your job? Take it up with your union". They could also be playing the long game to justify going full contractor.

They affiliated with the CWA which is a telephone workers union isn't it? Weird choice.
When I was doing my Union rabble rousing, we were going to get slotted under one of three unions including the Hotel Workers Union (fuck if I remember the name) because of the way we interacted with other people in the company.

Can't wait to see increased prices and people bitching about how little they get paid now. Unions are never a good idea.
They never are, but lots of time management plays fuckfuck games and kicking money up to organized crime is sometimes the only way to get them to do shit they should have been doing in the first place.

Sadly a lot of the current unions are more about upping the numbers of NiggerTrannyFaggots than improving conditions or getting functional people in.

Anonymus Fluhre

A book holds a house of gold.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They never are, but lots of time management plays fuckfuck games and kicking money up to organized crime is sometimes the only way to get them to do shit they should have been doing in the first place.

Sadly a lot of the current unions are more about upping the numbers of NiggerTrannyFaggots than improving conditions or getting functional people in.
Back when I worked for a company, unions wanted me to pay out nearly $800 a year on top of all of the other shit I paid for. Fuck that. I'd rather keep as much money as possible instead of paying some free loader at a desk.

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
Back when I worked for a company, unions wanted me to pay out nearly $800 a year on top of all of the other shit I paid for. Fuck that. I'd rather keep as much money as possible instead of paying some free loader at a desk.

When I was unionizing, what we wanted was inflation CoL increases (since they were giving another business segment more than that), one or two additional headcount, job-related training, and equipment maintenance contracts so we didn't to fight for finance for weeks for PO for parts to get stuff fixed before it catastrophically broke. We had a good vacation/PTO policy, but I know a few places that unionized and wanted sane shit like "you can't call me in on scheduled vacation" and "manager cannot change his mind a week before already approved vacation starts". We'd brought this all the way to HR and even the president and were effectively told to go pound sand, so a union would have been the only way to make them listen. Instead of dealing with unions I got a call-back from a better job and took it.
After I left and told all my friends how much better life was if you find a job that management didn't suck, they were down to less than half their staff in a year. Scale of work was trimmed and they nearly had to bring in temps from a staffing agency which would have run triple what they were paying us. They had to raise salaries to retain the people who stayed and increase payscale so they could actually hire people.
It would have cost them less than the cost of job search to have just given everyone a raise. IF they'd have done that and dialed work levels back to what they ended up settling at, they wouldn't have lost half their people. Management makes some real dumb decisions if you let them.

The union rep we talked to was surprisingly anti-union, but he said even though he didn't see any increase in take home pay they got better benefits, yearly raises that at least kept up with inflation, actual health insurance, and better vacation policies/immunity from power tripping bosses made it worth it. If the company had actually implemented these things on their own, there wouldn't have been a union.

I just want to say again these examples I'm giving are legit grievances from people doing real work, and not dangerhair bitching about there not being enough fags and trannies. Paizo writers are just bitching they are expected to have characters that are reasonably attractive instead of mysterymeat genderblobs, and they are expected to write modules that aren't just "Fuck the patriarchy" written over and over for 30 pages.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
I just want to say again these are legit grievances from people doing work, and not dangerhair bitching about there not being enough fags and trannies. Paizo writers are just bitching they are expected to have characters that are reasonably attractive instead of mysterymeat genderblobs, and they are expected to write modules that aren't just "Fuck the patriarchy" written over and over for 30 pages.
They're also probably mad that they're "contributors" like bloggers are to online media sites, rather than actual salaried employees. Because their work is worthless and replaceable rather than meaningfully productive or creative for the brand. The TTRPG world prefers to employ hordes of talentless hacks that accept a pittance (hence the SJW influx) rather than hiring professional writers who know their creative output has value.