Tabletop Community Watch

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
You know, I could go full Tolkiensperg on that bitch, but let me put it in terms the woke would understand: someone oppressed someone else in the distant past and we're feeling the consequences of it to this day.

Also, it's called make-believe. Trekking through the sewers of Waterdeep fighting zombies, giant rats and carrion crawlers in search of the Big Bad's hideout would be an awful experience for me as a 40-something-year old sedentary a-hole. But guiding my ISO-Standard Male Human Paladin through all this shit and and watching him plunging his sword through the Illithid's heart is awesome. Likewise, playing an elf who hates dwarves or vice-versa is great in make-believe land, but it doesn't mean I want to shave my black neighbor's beard and throw his anvil into the nearest lake. This is all done for fun. Maybe these people should give this "fun" thing a try, before the government outlaws it.
When I see shitlibs post stuff like that it makes me wonder why people even buy into the framing of the critique at all. They should tell me why I shouldn't be racist. Give me reasons. Will Orcs stop being the dark-hearted progeny of a murderous blood god if I treat them nicer? No?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well person who never touched a pair of dice but probably watched Matt Mercer's Hollyweird backed farce, racism honestly doesn't often factor into a group. A problem player in horror stories, sure, but it takes some utterly insane reasoning for a person to take a fantasy race and then apply their stereotypes to an ethnicity.

I think the most racist thing in my group I've experienced was when I had an NPC (a modern setting militia movement member) tend to use slurs. You know, like what that character believes in, and not myself the GM.

Runner up was a running gag where a player who likes playing Diopsids would explain they dislike Thri-kreen. That was more a goof due to the latter's notoriety compared to the Diopsid playable race. Nothing at all to do with any race.

Sir Joahim Browinson III

Globowizzard deepstate superagent
kiwifarms.net
What if there's a good reason for dwarves to dislike elfs, maybe there is a reason why certain dwarf dislikes elfs because they hurt his family or because they misstreated him in the past.
I would give this take a pass if in presented situation character's racism comes out of nowhere, that's just a shitty writing, but still, it's not a basis to claim someone is racist. You can play as a total skinhead and still be a decent person in real life. There is no reason to look to deep. You and role are not the same. Roles are meant to be played and easily disscarded and they are not meant to define yourself, otherwise we would have to cancel Daniel Radcliffe for playing a white supremacist, because someone thought he enjoyed his role too much.

Also, what I hate about this kind of people is that they think that racism is just this thing that exists in a vaccum and appears out of nowhere regardless of anything, which, in my opinion, is wrong.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
Quick pre-coffee post before I forget what I wanted to say:

Remember the Patricia Pulling situation we were just talking about on this thread? One of her most egregious "arguments" was that:
It is very important to understand that not all players of fantasy role playing games over identify with the game and or their player/characters. However, it appears that a significant amount of youngsters are having difficulty with separating fantasy from reality. Or in other instances, their role playing has modified their behavior to the extent that they react in real life situations in the same fashion that they would react in a gaming situation. This is not always obvious or apparent to the suspect. The personality change is so subtle that in some cases the role player is unaware of any behavior or personality changes.

If you need more proof that the Woke Left has replaced the Religious Right, you must be blind. Both use the exact same arguments, only worded slightly differently. Someone is playing with [demonic/"problematic"] themes in a roleplaying game? Ignore the fact it's fiction and that every person who's even slightly connected to reality understands that, and instead assume they either endorse or promote said [demonic/"problematic"] themes.

In short,
447789556122796423.jpg

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
Quick pre-coffee post before I forget what I wanted to say:

Remember the Patricia Pulling situation we were just talking about on this thread? One of her most egregious "arguments" was that:
It is very important to understand that not all players of fantasy role playing games over identify with the game and or their player/characters. However, it appears that a significant amount of youngsters are having difficulty with separating fantasy from reality. Or in other instances, their role playing has modified their behavior to the extent that they react in real life situations in the same fashion that they would react in a gaming situation. This is not always obvious or apparent to the suspect. The personality change is so subtle that in some cases the role player is unaware of any behavior or personality changes.

If you needed more proof that the Woke Left has replaced the Religious Right, you must be blind. Both use the exact same arguments, only worded slightly differently. Someone is playing with [demonic/"problematic"] themes in a roleplaying game? Ignore the fact it's fiction and that every person who's even slightly connected to reality understands that, and instead assume they either endorse or promote said [demonic/"problematic"] themes.

In short,
View attachment 2759284
What's funny is she's describing genuine grooming behavior. That IS TRUE, especially of modern trannies/wokeism, but it's not true of RPGs and never has been.

HTTP Error 404

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I see shitlibs post stuff like that it makes me wonder why people even buy into the framing of the critique at all. They should tell me why I shouldn't be racist. Give me reasons. Will Orcs stop being the dark-hearted progeny of a murderous blood god if I treat them nicer? No?
REEE REE ORCS ARE SECRET CODED NEGROS REEE REE YOU CAN'T HATE ORCS THAT MEANS YOU LITERALLY WANT TO GENOCIDE ALL SLAVEKIN REEE REEE EEEEEEEE

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
There's a couple thousand potential reasons why.

Maybe this elf got ripped off by a greedy dwarven merchant. Or he lost a fight to a dwarf and never lived it down. Or perhaps, like the Falmer from Elder Scrolls, he had his entire race enslaved or wiped out by dwarves. Or maybe, just maybe, he hates the smell. Or their attitude.

Really, there's a thousand different ways to explain why an elf hates a dwarf, other than the whole "ELVEN SUPREMACY IS THE ONLY TRUTH!" spiel. But seriously, the more these people butt in on hobbies like this, I might actually ENJOY playing an elf who thinks of everyone else as being beneath him, since that would get their panties in a bunch.........

ThalmorStormcloak.jpg

-Based Thalmor Elf showing Beta Stormcloak how to fight as both a mage and a warrior, 4E 201 colorized.

Joe Shmo

kiwifarms.net
It is very important to understand that not all players of fantasy role playing games over identify with the game and or their player/characters. However, it appears that a significant amount of youngsters are having difficulty with separating fantasy from reality.
So, the same argument that people used against video game violence, and against cartoon violence before that. Hearing this stuff growing up, it was completely baffling to me that anyone would think that games, cartoons, movies, etc. are reality. Even as a little kid I said shit like, "well if someone is that dumb that they jump off a cliff like Wile E. Coyote... aren't they kinda doing us a favor?!" LOL, guess I'm a natural-born shitposter, I anticipated the eventual creation of Darwin Awards decades ahead of time. 😁

What's funny is she's describing genuine grooming behavior. That IS TRUE, especially of modern trannies/wokeism, but it's not true of RPGs and never has been.
Jack Chick also thought that RPG's were grooming people to become Real Actual Witches and Satanists. What a bunch of fucking loonies.

Shaka Brah

kiwifarms.net
REEE REE ORCS ARE SECRET CODED NEGROS REEE REE YOU CAN'T HATE ORCS THAT MEANS YOU LITERALLY WANT TO GENOCIDE ALL SLAVEKIN REEE REEE EEEEEEEE
aaf.png

Seriously though. If RPGnet mods want to believe niggers are subhuman monsters whose brains are only capable of the barest whiff of civilization, who am I to stop them?

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Nowadays, you can't even get away with standing up to a fictional race that necessitates ALL OF HUMANITY, be they whites, blacks, Asians, native Americans, and Arabs, to join together, without some checkmark on Twitter calling you racist.

I miss the days when you can role-play as any type of character you want, where you can tell non-humans to shove a grenade up their asses when they question human superiority:

Oh, those were the days.

Last edited:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
It's funny, now that you mention it. Warcraft 3 ran with that kind of story; the Orcs went on an Amistad adventure and it culminated with them breaking free from their former slave masters while dealing with their ongoing conflict with the mostly white humans from Lordaeron. And it's one of the best stories involving Orcs that I've ever seen.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
It's funny, now that you mention it. Warcraft 3 ran with that kind of story; the Orcs went on an Amistad adventure and it culminated with them breaking free from their former slave masters while dealing with their ongoing conflict with the mostly white humans from Lordaeron. And it's one of the best stories involving Orcs that I've ever seen.
Huge fucking difference, though: the Orcs were in prison camps because they had tried to conquer the world of the humans with literal demons and hellfire. Twice. Green Jesus was a fun meme and all, but the Orcs caused an ungodly amount of damage to Azeroth even before Garrosh became Warchief. The Orcs weren't black analogues, they were Mongols mixed with Germans.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Huge fucking difference, though: the Orcs were in prison camps because they had tried to conquer the world of the humans with literal demons and hellfire. Twice. Green Jesus was a fun meme and all, but the Orcs caused an ungodly amount of damage to Azeroth even before Garrosh became Warchief. The Orcs weren't black analogues, they were Mongols mixed with Germans.
They were Mongols mixed with Germans in Warcrafts 1 and 2, but their story in 3 was more of an freedom/slavery analogue, with them going on a boat trip to a foreign land to establish what is essentially Orc Liberia, and them still trying to struggle with racial rivalries, as well as the chains their demonic masters placed upon them, when one clan of theirs defects to the Legion side when Mannoroth gets them back.

Corn Flakes

Battle Creek's Finest
kiwifarms.net
They were Mongols mixed with Germans in Warcrafts 1 and 2, but their story in 3 was more of an freedom/slavery analogue, with them going on a boat trip to a foreign land to establish what is essentially Orc Liberia, and them still trying to struggle with racial rivalries, as well as the chains their demonic masters placed upon them, when one clan of theirs defects to the Legion side when Mannoroth gets them back.
You missed my point. The Orcs had this whole liberation story because the writers wanted to rehabilitate them. But you can't give them a slavery analogue because African people were brought to America against their own will and enslaved outright, while Orcs were quite happy to rush into Azeroth as invaders, marauders and conquerors.

Trying to call them analogous to black people simply because they were stuck in internment camps is so tone-deaf as to be completely insulting to black people. The Orcs were prisoners for a fucking good reason, and everybody loves to ignore that.

Last edited: