Tabletop Community Watch

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

Syaoran Li

Carter Stanley Lives!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Starscreams Cape

Year of the C.H.U.D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So a typical IG force in other words?
Please tell me you kitbashed some Praetorian rough riders. I saw a concept sketch of them and they legit looked pretty nifty. Then again, I'm extremely partial to rough riders anyway and I'd do a whole IG build of them if I could...

I thought he had kind of a Mediterranean skin tone in this depiction.
View attachment 2830760
I actually did do Rough Riders using Atalan Jackals from Genestealers - in other words with motorcycles. I used the Wargames Atlantic Les Grognards painted British as the riders.

And I would say Mediterranean is white enough for me.

Tactical Wizard

Explosiomancer
kiwifarms.net
You know, for as much as they hate FR I'm surprised they refuse to reprint any Dragonlance setting books. That's about as mass-market as you can get including having dindus as a playable race (Kender) but hasn't been touched since the 2000s.
It's because Dragonlance is way too problematic. Yeah, it's mass market and you've got a line of successful novels but you have plainsmen who are a hybrid of Native American and Migratory germanic cultures so that's your whining about muh noble savage right there. You've got high elves that got chased out of their homelands settling on a basically lawless island and stopping just short of enslaving their wood elf kin to get their cities built so there's your bitching and moaning about muh settler colonialism. You've got metallic Draconians so that's another muh default evil race. There's a high degree of verisimilitude which will give the danger hairs the vapors because the setting is based upon Europe immediately after the collapse of the Roman empire, complete with post Roman style successor states that are sexist and classist as fuck (The Ergothians). You have a crusader state that is a humans only club (The Solamnians) and all manner of other crazy shit like Romanesque minotaurs who conduct slave raids from the sea. And you can't have have any of this in these settings and still please them because to their way of thinking, depicting something in fiction is the same as endorsing it.

If they're just trying to keep twitter from constantly jumping up their ass, that means that they're not going to touch Dragonlance with a ten foot pole which pisses me off because it's my favorite setting. Thankfully, as with all of these other settings, there's a fan update to 5e but that's cold comfort.
tiresome.jpg

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Good Lord...

Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling they've now reached a point where they are now just chasing the original ego high that they got from their original efforts to rally against the more "problematic" parts of D&D.
If they could make all the old, physical copies of those "problematic" books disappear forever, you'd know they'd do it.

Troonologist PhD

Be happy
kiwifarms.net
Fuck sensory deprive you, you presstitute. Al-Qadim Karatur were some of the most interesting settings of AD&D and are begging for proper updates. If they were "accurate" you'd just bitch and whine about something else because you're a parasite that can't survive without societal ills whether real or imagined.
If they're just trying to keep twitter from constantly jumping up their ass, that means that they're not going to touch Dragonlance with a ten foot pole which pisses me off because it's my favorite setting. Thankfully, as with all of these other settings, there's a fan update to 5e but that's cold comfort.
View attachment 2831463
How could anyone be stupid enough to market themselves Twitterfags? Activists are defined by their parasitism. They'd be out of the job if they stopped inventing "problems" to "solve."

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fuck sensory deprive you, you presstitute. Al-Qadim Karatur were some of the most interesting settings of AD&D and are begging for proper updates. If they were "accurate" you'd just bitch and whine about something else because you're a parasite that can't survive without societal ills whether real or imagined.

How could anyone be stupid enough to market themselves Twitterfags? Activists are defined by their parasitism. They'd be out of the job if they stopped inventing "problems" to "solve."
I wonder when they're going to sift through and find and scream tard noises at Birthright because breeding matters there too. I feel like they're so pathetic and Wizards so retarded they're actively looking through works that haven't been reprinted in decades to shit their pants and cry over.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net

Flexo

I can't feel emotions
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bright (I know, not an RPG, but still urban fantasy) tried that. While at the same time still having normal black humans going around. It did not work. At all.
I won't start right now but I will defend Bright as actually a decent effort movie.

I do think it's an interesting exercise in how much the audience has to do with stories.
- Orcs are sometimes just for fighting. Sometimes they are just destroying and murdering people in horrible ways just because. I don't have a problem with Hooligans following their team and looking for the best fight with things they built in a cave out of scraps, and I don't have a problem with murderous space huns grimdarkly slaughtering and enslaving their way across the galaxy. But pick one.
Not a 40K player by any means, but I could see them squaring this circle by doing a "perception" thing. That is, to the Orks themselves they're a bunch of soccer Hooligans - while to everyone else caught in their path, they look like murderous space huns. There is some dark humor and memes to be mined there.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
Not a 40K player by any means, but I could see them squaring this circle by doing a "perception" thing. That is, to the Orks themselves they're a bunch of soccer Hooligans - while to everyone else caught in their path, they look like murderous space huns. There is some dark humor and memes to be mined there.

Efforts have been made, but its still really fucking jarring. Like in DW2 they have an excerpt about a farm beseiged by Orks who kill everyone horribly, but then in the same game, when the Orks take over the IG base, the post-lore is they play at being IMperial Officials by wearing wigs and beating each other over the head, and only negative consequences the population suffer is they are made to watch the proceedings until the orks grow bored and get back to taking over the planet.

Orks torture and maim... and that's fine. There is nothing wrong with Space Huns.
But they rip some prisoner's arms off, feet them feet first into a woodchipper while laughing as their victim screams, and then turn around "Oi nows we gotza get someone else paint da bullitz yellow to getz 'im ta be fasta" *laugh track*

Last edited:

Kabuki Actor

Posthumous Grooming Victim
kiwifarms.net
So how Pozzed is the lore of World of Darkness nowadays? Vampire the Masquerade was pretty awesome and i don't know how could wokeism infect something so edgy, i am still baffled at them attempting it with Warhammer.
You know how woke people think that anything progressive was "always woke"? WoD was always woke.

LinkinParkxNaruto[AMV]

I try so hard and got so far
kiwifarms.net
You know how woke people think that anything progressive was "always woke"? WoD was always woke.
Every faction are evil monsters so i kinda see how wokes would relate but i also imagine they would be pissed at "problematic" aspects the same way they are pissed at stuff liberals said 20 years ago