• ”i don't generally think of horses as being sexual-looking, but that could be just me”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Surtur, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Wraith was one of those games where the idea was really, really good, but it also needs a good group to get the most out of it, particularly with the shadow mechanics.

It's a shame too, because it's a neat game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Capsaicin Addict

Capsaicin Addict Just a fellow who loves spicy food.

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    DiceLord

DiceLord Roll 'em!

kiwifarms.net
  2. So thread on Zak when?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    BlueArmedDevil

BlueArmedDevil They said this bomb was clean

kiwifarms.net
  3. Zak attack.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. So... if I wanted to join a session of D&D (or anything) online with someone here, would I be able to participate via just typing or would I need a mic?

• Feels Feels x 3
    OhGoy

OhGoy there's a rage within this vessel

kiwifarms.net
  5. I picked up Blades in the Dark, it's a pretty neat little system and setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    BlueArmedDevil

kiwifarms.net
  6. I'll second this cause I'm dying for a game and have been having bad luck with microphones lately. If I ever escape this audio curse I'd happily GM for text-only players who are interested in terrible prose and a stubborn penchant for homebrewing all campaign material despite endless procrastination problems.

Bennett Beeny

Bennett Beeny Sickest tranny in MegaCity One

kiwifarms.net
  7. Zak if I recall correctly was the one who the woke indy clique kept accusing of various fun. Maybe they can join the forums since the all they really just wanted to do was shit talk him for being a total prick.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Getting real tired of these emotional appeal callout posts that are one sided speculations on the other persons thoughts and intents by the words. They are not PROOF of anything and the bumbling sob story just makes it worse.

Personally, Zak S has always been fairly abrasive person but he's a fairly talented abrasive person.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. I get the impression he's a total prick but they all are so they have to frame it as him being sexist or transphobic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  10. Zak's a bigger prick than most, even if he is talented. Trying to load up the accusations with negative affect like using transphobia as a magic word just weakens the point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Wallace

Wallace Cram it in me, baby!

kiwifarms.net
  11. I don't know about Mandy's accusations - there's a bit too much 'and then I realised how bad it was years later' stuff, but then that can also be how abusive relationships manifest. But the transphobia stuff from a few years back was a concerted smear campaign from the bowels of places like RPGNet that had no bearing on reality. The closest thing to actual evidence they could produce besides the 'oh, I have tons of emails from people too scared to come forward' was not even transphobic, or for that matter done by Zak, but by Mandy.

It was a classic SJW beat-up done by people who didn't like him, but knew that him being a dick online wasn't enough to get him banned and punished like they wanted, so they had to make him out to be a bigot as well. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if he turns out to be an asshole in real life as well, but clearly false accusations muddy those waters considerably.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  12. I'd be all for a text-only game

• Like Like x 1
    DiceLord

DiceLord Roll 'em!

kiwifarms.net
  13. This is looking like the beginning of the end of Zak. Here's a statement from one of the mods of r/rpg that I think really encapsulates Zak's behavior:

1.png
    2.png

This is from Patrick Stuart's blog, he's the co-author of Maze of the Blue Medusa with Zak:

3.png
    4.png

Here's the link, along with a much longer takedown of why Patrick doesn't work with Zak. It's consistent with what is known about Zak. He's argumentative to the point of being obnoxious, like to harass people online, two-faced, manipulative, and all around a dick. The false accusations levied against him re: transphobia only serve to act as smoke screens. "This person lied about me, therefore all criticism against me is a lie!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Wallace

kiwifarms.net
  14. To answer the question of needing a mic or not to play online, it’s nice, but not necessary. As long as you can listen in to the voice chat at the least, you’re good to go.

Rumpled Foreskin

Rumpled Foreskin Would you pay a dime..to see this?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. So, @Adamska @NIGGO KILLA @Kyria the Great and I have been working on an RPG podcast which consists of us reading and riffing on terrible TTRPGs. We got the first episode up, where we're discussing SIGMATA aka ORANGE MAN BAD: THE RPG.

Hope you enjoy our :autistic: ramblings about an :autistic: game.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Randall Fragg

Randall Fragg Edged Weapons Survivor
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Would someone here let me spectate a session just so I can get a feel of how everything works? Thinking about finally stepping my toes in.

OhGoy

OhGoy there's a rage within this vessel

kiwifarms.net
  17. As someone who has had the misfortune of interacting with Zak S. online, all I can say is while Zak is not the Antichrist figure that RPG.net makes him out to be, he's still a colossal douchebag and I'm honestly not surprised by any of this.

I've not read the accusations of his ex-wife in full detail, but honestly for someone who is not only a massively abrasive prick and has been considered an enemy of the "woke" crowd (the same crowd he tried to associate himself with) it would only be a matter of time before something like this would happen.

I'm beginning to think that this is the final nail in the coffin for ol' Zak. The goose is officially cooked on this one.

Stick a fork in Zak, he's done. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #2238 Syaoran Li, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li Cardcaptors! A Mystical Journey!

kiwifarms.net
  18. Really makes me wish the salt mine was still around for this sort of thing. The collective reeeeeeing is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    BlueArmedDevil

kiwifarms.net
  19. Oh, there's plenty more where that came from.

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png

Hey, it's not like Onyx Path has a history of hiring rapey abusive people, right?

6.png
    7.png

5.png

Fuck off, Holden. You're as selective on who to Listen and Believe as the rest of the RPGNet clique. When the Zoe-post dropped, you sure as hell didn't take Eron's side.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Wallace

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.