Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can we talk about fun tabletop games or other weird things about it instead rather than turn this thread about said hobby into an unofficial thread about Zak? I'm getting sick of it tbh and my brain actually is forgetting what this shit's even about.

I'll start off with my alternating Sunday game. I basically tested out a dungeon that only had traps, and it worked alright. I did have a lot of fun watching the interaction between the Mystic Ranger and the Barbarian on this one evil macguffin they got.

Also just gave them a level because fucking prismatic spray trap at level 5 they managed to disarm with explosives.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I'm just slowly increasing my RPG collection. Hardest thing is is renaming files and then organizing large collections. Sadly it's the closest I can get to a game now days.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Sort them by game and have folders in there for editions. In other words, vaginas are magical (I'm not making this shit up).
I do that, I also have sub-folders for things like settings.

Largest collections are Rifts, Dungeons and Dragons, and Pathfinder. Followed by OWoD and NWoD. Traveller can be just as bad.

Yes, I linked that pdf to Randel Flagg I believe when they asked for several RPG's to review. You should check out Heroine.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do that, I also have sub-folders for things like settings.

Largest collections are Rifts, Dungeons and Dragons, and Pathfinder. Followed by OWoD and NWoD. Traveller can be just as bad.

Yes, I linked that pdf to Randel Flagg I believe when they asked for several RPG's to review. You should check out Heroine.
Feel free to dump the base Traveller one too, since I think a funny little episode can be to use it and Battletech's lifepath systems and watch as we all die before our characters are ready. It'd be pretty much blind since none of us really know the dread pitfalls that await...

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we're talking about collections; my D&D 3.5 one is growing slowly as I've compelled myself to go through as many classes as possible to rate how good and how awful they are (expect the first half of Complete Divine sometime today most likely). I also for the past week or so have been happily looking through my book copy of the John Carter rpg again; Modiphius is very good at making a polished product in that respect, and the game itself is pretty nice.

Reactions: Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Feel free to dump the base Traveller one too, since I think a funny little episode can be to use it and Battletech's lifepath systems and watch as we all die before our characters are ready. It'd be pretty much blind since none of us really know the dread pitfalls that await...
Which one do you want? Like the original? Mongoose? Mega? Gurps? Main PC alone has 6700 files to go through.
If we're talking about collections; my D&D 3.5 one is growing slowly as I've compelled myself to go through as many classes as possible to rate how good and how awful they are (expect the first half of Complete Divine sometime today most likely). I also for the past week or so have been happily looking through my book copy of the John Carter rpg again; Modiphius is very good at making a polished product in that respect, and the game itself is pretty nice.
My D&D 3.x collection is like 3200 files I think. I have a lot of old 3rd party stuff.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which one do you want? Like the original? Mongoose? Mega? Gurps? Main PC alone has 6700 files to go through.
Probably the original one, as I want them to realize with horror that they do not come into this setting to murderhobo... but to live long and make profits, which Murderhoboing does not allow due to damages to craft and equipment.

Plus I get the vibe that the older editions had more jank in terms of the lifepath system and jank is king in watching the reactions.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Probably the original one, as I want them to realize with horror that they do not come into this setting to murderhobo... but to live long and make profits, which Murderhoboing does not allow due to damages to craft and equipment.

Plus I get the vibe that the older editions had more jank in terms of the lifepath system and jank is king in watching the reactions.
You die a lot easier in character creation, or just after you make your character.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You die a lot easier in character creation, or just after you make your character.
It's perfect then. Not for getting them interested in Traveller (newer eds being better for that), but it's perfect for the comedy of watching their dreams turn to ash and only the bitter laughter of the defeated coming forth from their lips... just like the real world!

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
It's perfect then. Not for getting them interested in Traveller (newer eds being better for that), but it's perfect for the comedy of watching their dreams turn to ash and only the bitter laughter of the defeated coming forth from their lips... just like the real world!
Linked in PM's. When making a character you should always just go with the flow, never think of a concept before hand because it never works out that way. The Dice Gods are not kind in that game.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Linked in PM's. When making a character you should always just go with the flow, never think of a concept before hand because it never works out that way. The Dice Gods are not kind in that game.
That's part of the fun though. The comedy comes from declaring you're a ship mechanic that then due to fate (the dice) flunked out of the workshops due to cheating or being lazy, and then dying hideously a couple of years afterwards while learning to nuke burgers at a space Macker's or something.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, since the site's back on track here's more hideous shilling of our disastrous readthrough of Sigmata:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino