Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
He's giving this shit a honest shot, plus I like his cute face especially when he is getting baited but bait is for out of game, I am merciful I've been the one trying to influence more RP out of the newbs (success...?) and (attempting) to teach them rules like flank the stupid niggers you get advantage on your attack rolls if you do, come on now. I reserve my cuntery for real fuckers like Greg.

Making some gay ass shopkeeper give out his stock for free and run off through a rockslide-blocked tunnel that we can't get past? Hilarious in hindsight ngl, but faggy. Putting a Sans statue and auto-killing a player for making an OOC insult to undertale?

At least he was a good sport about everyone derailing near the end.
My very last Pathfinder game I played a Magus who was more like a bard who could get out of the majority of fights just by talking. Due to how broken d20 rules can be no mater the game I had a +20 plus on my blue rolls so I just went around telling everyone I was god. An unbelievable lie I think is a DC 30 so I had no problem getting people to believe me (my high bluff was only good for lying, typical bluff was a +10 or so). I also found it fun to use deaf/ blindness spell on bosses and choose blind due to all of the bonuses you get on a blinded target. I was looking forward to getting the ability to use coup de grace people with a standard action later in the game but never happened.

Reactions: Grimoire Canthari

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
Been digging around my Tabletop folder, and I've gotten interested in Shadow of the Demon Lord, Psi World, Swordbearer, and Nechronica. Might run one of those with my IRL group.

Grimoire Canthari

kiwifarms.net
Been digging around my Tabletop folder, and I've gotten interested in Shadow of the Demon Lord, Psi World, Swordbearer, and Nechronica. Might run one of those with my IRL group.
Oh shit Nechronica. The setting just speaks to me. Ripping parts out of other 'people' yet being cutely creepy is edgy but it sounds like fun. Now I gotta bust out the notebook again, add one more system to the backlog

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Don't get me started on the amount of games I'm interested in right now. Every time I start reading one I find 15 more to download and check out. Tabletop gaming is a bad habit.

Syaoran Li

Weeaboo Tough Guy
kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of craving a horror-themed game, something like World of Darkness (either Classic or Chronicles) but I am also open to other settings like Ravenloft or even a little homebrew campaign setting I'm outlining in my head.

I've learned to keep things small and simple, especially at first. This is very true when one is making their own campaign settings.

Reactions: Grimoire Canthari

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
Don't get me started on the amount of games I'm interested in right now. Every time I start reading one I find 15 more to download and check out. Tabletop gaming is a bad habit.
I get the same feeling as well. I find one thing, and it just leads to another, and another, and another, and... you know what I mean.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of craving a horror-themed game, something like World of Darkness (either Classic or Chronicles) but I am also open to other settings like Ravenloft or even a little homebrew campaign setting I'm outlining in my head.

I've learned to keep things small and simple, especially at first. This is very true when one is making their own campaign settings.
I have a good selection of body horror themed RPG's. Two of which are really good, the others need additional work before they can be salvageable.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
So in our weekly campaign, we managed to stop a prank at a bank gone horribly wrong, have the smurf and the WW1 vet shoot rabbits, gophers, and an errant tree. Meanwhile, my character went out shopping for ingredients for rabbit stew, and I manage to beat someone's ass with their own motorcycle.

Reactions: Yaoi Huntress Earth

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
First, here's more Shilling for the most technically competent video yet:

As for games, well, last game had us watch as our Necromancer force (we have a Dread Necro, Boneknight, and Deathmaster) single handedly dismantle about 2 or 3 dungeons so far given the heavy undead theme the arc we're going through is.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
People who autistically build their characters the same way autists build MtG decks should be punched repeatedly. I had someone telling me how awesome it would be to use the nightstick-stacking + use Turn Undead to power metamagic feats. I told them if they tried that at my table I would shift from 'neutral, slightly party-aligned GM' to 'murderous GM'.

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
People who autistically build their characters the same way autists build MtG decks should be punched repeatedly. I had someone telling me how awesome it would be to use the nightstick-stacking + use Turn Undead to power metamagic feats. I told them if they tried that at my table I would shift from 'neutral, slightly party-aligned GM' to 'murderous GM'.
So basically power gaming and munchkins? I do have plans to play Duskblade, but I also know that I can't do everything at once and I have to figure out what my limits are. I'm mainly limited to short, touch, and medium ranged spells to pair up with melee skills. Then again, the other party members will cover the areas that I can't.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
So basically power gaming and munchkins? I do have plans to play Duskblade, but I also know that I can't do everything at once and I have to figure out what my limits are. I'm mainly limited to short, touch, and medium ranged spells to pair up with melee skills. Then again, the other party members will cover the areas that I can't.
It's one thing to optimize. Hell, I do that. But these convoluted bullshit builds that end in unstoppable murder machines or game-shattering mechanics violations? I hate those with a passion.

If you play a Pathfinder sorcerer with the racial favored class feat for humans, that's one thing (although it breaks the game in other ways). But playing Pun-Pun or the diplomancer builds just irks me.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Learn how beat such characters. Also, such characters are only good for one thing, the rest of the time they're terrible. If you can't do that, you're a terrible GM.

Currently I'm working on each of the races and classes in the City of 7 Seraphs. So far they're not that bad. Typical Akashic/ Psionic classes. Their Shadow Weaver class I find is better than D&D 3.X's version. However, I'm not a fan of their Theurge class yet, others have done it better. It sucks that the book has nothing in terms of a bestiary, but I believe someone else is bringing out one that fits for planar campaigns if I recall correctly.

A few more months there should also be new Mythic books coming out from Legendary Games, it's too bad they didn't bother to address some of the issues with Mythic rules and just made things worse with their own mythic feats. (There's a reason why Mythic Metamagic feats weren't supposed to be a thing.), but I have faith that they will be quality products.

I should mention that City of 7 Seraphs doesn't have the typical artwork found in 3rd party books, a lot of the artwork is pretty high quality so you get what you paid for when it comes to a book that's over 600-pages long.

On to non-Pathfinder games.
I've been trying to read the Invisible Sun books from Monte Cooke Games but just can't find myself doing so. They're going out of their way to be a SJW book.
"As we agree with the growing consensus that “they” can and should be used as a gender-neutral,
singular English language pronoun when one is needed, we have adopted that as the style in our
products. If you see this grammatical construction, it is intentional."
So fuck that system.

Currently now reading Solar Blades and Cosmic Spells, after that probably High Plains Samurai.

Lackadaisy

"Just look how happy she is!"
kiwifarms.net
I've been trying to read the Invisible Sun books from Monte Cooke Games but just can't find myself doing so. They're going out of their way to be a SJW book.
"As we agree with the growing consensus that “they” can and should be used as a gender-neutral,
singular English language pronoun when one is needed, we have adopted that as the style in our
products. If you see this grammatical construction, it is intentional."
So fuck that system.
I have no problem with this. "He or she" is so clunky, and "they" just sounds better. Is that the only case of political correctness, because I've always wanted to get into Invisible Sun?

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Going through various games and game systems for variety and the fact that d20 has a massive fetish for feats and shit. Come on, I don't need a feat to trip some dumb asshole.
You don't, it just exists so you can do it better than others, or in Pathfinders case, so you don't get tripped.

Should be noted that there are a lot of systems that have things similar to feats.

Reactions: JektheDumbass

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
It's one thing to optimize. Hell, I do that. But these convoluted bullshit builds that end in unstoppable murder machines or game-shattering mechanics violations? I hate those with a passion.

If you play a Pathfinder sorcerer with the racial favored class feat for humans, that's one thing (although it breaks the game in other ways). But playing Pun-Pun or the diplomancer builds just irks me.
I always told my players that if it didn't sound stupid when explained in-character, I'd allow it. Except nightsticks. Fuck those things.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino