Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
A friend of mine was trying to get us to play Pathfinder with him and got mad when everyone went for the classes that specifically fixed unusable classes by making them work more like their D&D 5e counterparts. He finally gave up and decided to convert his game into 5e.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I think about getting into P&P as a pastime.

Where can I find gaming groups and what do you guys usually spend on this hobby?
I spend less on this hobby than I did collecting comics. Why? There's less books out there and they're not released monthly in most cases. Most people can get away with just buying a players manual for their game of choice which will run you $39.99-$59.99 depending on how new the game is of course. You can check ebay or even Facebook market place to see if anyone is selling off their collections. After that you'll need a set of dice, that will run you $8-$11, and if your group wants miniatures, that will run you $3-$11. Most tables don't care if it's painted long as there's something to represent you.

A person like me who collects everything though....You don't want to know how much I spend. I get my pdfs for free, but I pay a lot for physical copies of various games. Even today, older books are print on demand which can get expensive.

I forgot to mention, you can check your local stores for groups, as well as Facebook group pages in your area, Meetup. com still has groups in various cities around the world. You can also type in your city and tabletop groups to find group pages online.

Last edited:

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Well today I left my first - and most likely my last - tabletop RP group. Was in it for about a year and things went so downhill with how the head DMs didn't communicate or work with us players that I thought it was best to just cut my losses and leave. It hurts because I love my characters, but at the end of the day it wasn't worth sticking around for.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
Idk if anyone posted this before, but back in December someone posted art they commissioned of their D&D party. It was...
There's something so earnest about it, I almost feel bad laughing at it. Almost.

It's sort of like that picture of Rich Evans as an infant. All you can say is that it was probably made by someone who loved him very much, and leave it at that.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
So uh.

That group I just left? One of the other members came to me and showed me a notice saying that they're closing the game.

I may've just been the straw that broke the group's back. I feel bad, because there were a lot of members who put years of work into their characters.

• Feels
Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
So uh.

That group I just left? One of the other members came to me and showed me a notice saying that they're closing the game.

I may've just been the straw that broke the group's back. I feel bad, because there were a lot of members who put years of work into their characters.
It happens. My last group was years ago and I left because the GM didn't have a clue what he was doing. My old AD&D group was feeling nostalgic recently and started a Star Wars d6 campaign after watching the Mandolorian. Got out my old bounty hunter/ cop and been playing once a month, the character isn't as old as my mage but still fun to play. We've been looking into ways to use WOIN rules with it to add new content. I'm amazed these old farts aren't dead or suffering from Alzheimer's.

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
Been having trouble finding players for my attempt at running a SLA Industries (using the Savage Worlds conversion since the original rules are two90sfourme, maybe switching to the real game rules if the 2nd edition is any good) so I might as well ask here since it's more likely people browsing an autism awareness site won't mind how I renamed the system's fate points equivalent from "bennies" to "gibs".

"Released in 1993, SLA Industries’ gameworld is one of
dark horror, violence and paranoia, overlaid with a dystopian
satire on our own celebrity- and violence-obsessed culture.
In a universe owned by a single mega-corporation, players
take on the roles of freelance troubleshooting employees of
SLA Industries, so-called SLA Operatives, performing mis-
sions while trying to rise up the corporate ladder and make
a name for themselves on the everpresent Vid, where opera-
tives can become stars in their own right, gaining cash when
their exploits are sold to TV channels as entertainment for
the masses, and even merchandising their image to fans.
Working for ‘the man’ in a corrupt and uncaring ultra-
capitalist society, SLA operatives fight to maintain the sta-
tus quo while, more often than not, discovering they are as
much part of the problem as they are a solution. The unique
setup of SLA Industries allows for great game play, providing
a cohesive and immersive experience built upon film noir,
political thrillers, splatterpunk, cyberpunk, horror, manga
and black, black humour."

PM me if you're interested, when you're available and if you prefer text or voice.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Been testing out a new Commander deck with my girl and I made one of the worst mistake I could have made. In order to break the stalemate we had I had to destroy all creatures on the field. She had ten creatures and I had seven (one of which was Grave Titan so I could just get more creatures in the form of zombies. However there was a deathtouch creature on the other side so I wasn't about to attack into it while it's on the field (it was her Commander so it would just come back too).

Not only did I want to destroy all creatures on the field, I also had an enchant creature card on her Commander that if it died I would gain control of it and a card in my hand that I would return all creatures in both our graveyards back on to the field on my side. HOWEVER! I forgot she had Sanguine Bond+Blood Artist+Zulaport Cutthroat on the field.

What do those cards do?

Sanguine Bond Whenever you gain life, target opponent loses that much life.
Blood Artist Whenever Blood Artist or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Zulaport Cutthroat Whenever Zulaport Cutthroat or another creature you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.

So yeah...I fucked up and she couldn't stop laughing. So glad I taught her how to play!

Now if only I could convince her to roleplay so she could help me fuck over peoples campaigns if the GM is terrible.

REGENDarySumanai

"Good morning motherfuckers!" - Kiryuu Coco
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My DM has interest in running a Forgotten Realms campaign and I plan on making a CG Drow Duskblade who worships Eilistraee. How do I make it interesting without devolving into Drizzt faggotry?

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Briefly spoke about this in chat the other day. If I'm playing a dark elf I'd going more for Malus Darkblade style character than Drizzt. Edgy yes and evil but with tough, dedicated, a degree of depth of character and some sense of loyalty, at least to his lizard.

Reactions: MementoMalum

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
If I ever end up in a comedic game, I’d play as a dark elf who cries racism every time he’s/she’s accused of a crime, playing up the whole drizzt angle while working for Lolth.

Reactions: Next Task

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
My DM has interest in running a Forgotten Realms campaign and I plan on making a CG Drow Duskblade who worships Eilistraee. How do I make it interesting without devolving into Drizzt faggotry?
Don't make the drow, make them an elf that was turned into a drow so it doesn't know jack about Drow culture. That's what happened to my mage back in the early 90s.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: REGENDarySumanai
Tags
None