Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
I've only ever played a female character once. Elf female bard who thought she was the greatest dancer in the world. Couldn't climb a tree to save her life (literally), always had the half-orc claim he was going to rape her in her sleep. I didn't think much of it, the elf kept enough sharp objects on her to make touching her a unwise decision and she was a bitch to attack just due to how broken D&D 3.X could be.

Never ask me to play as the "healer", it never works out well for the party. Either I heal like shit or I play as an "evil" cleric who only has inflict spells.
I've done it a few times but it's certainly not my go to. I usually only do so if the character I'm trying to play would be better, more interesting, or generally make more sense as a woman. I only gravitate towards playing elves because they have long lives while I in real life have a horribly crippling fear of death.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I've done it a few times but it's certainly not my go to. I usually only do so if the character I'm trying to play would be better, more interesting, or generally make more sense as a woman. I only gravitate towards playing elves because they have long lives while I in real life have a horribly crippling fear of death.
I play elves because they're usually 11/10 in terms of looks when in reality I'm a 4.

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
Just bought that Cyberpunk Red jumpstart kick and man it's taking me some time just to get through the world book, let alone the rule book.

Not bad but it's pretty overwhelming for a first timer at this stuff.

Reactions: Lucipurr

Lucipurr

Curiosity killed the cat
kiwifarms.net
Just bought that Cyberpunk Red jumpstart kick and man it's taking me some time just to get through the world book, let alone the rule book.

Not bad but it's pretty overwhelming for a first timer at this stuff.
Definitely a good place to start for Cyberpunk. 2020 is absurdly detailed and expansive. I really like the module at the end of the Cyberpunk Red world book its called the Apartment i think its a one shot. One player is the landlord of a shitty run down apartment complex and the PCs have to try and protect it for a night its how me and my group are going to start our new campaign and it serves as a good base of operations for the PCs.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
This is why D&D makes me feel like a one of those mean gossipy bitches because I always feel great considering I'm often the best looking person at the table.
Oddly so was I, but that's only because my group consisted of people three decades older than me.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
I have a concept I want to run by those of you who play or have extensively played D&D specifically.

So I was going through some old boxes at my Dad's place and found some old cassette tapes of Adventures In Odyssey and it gave me a really great idea. See, I was listening to Piano Man while I was going through the boxes and when I saw the cassette I was suddenly reminded of the smoothie shop from Adventures In Odyssey which is kind of the focal point of most of the stories, Whitt's End. At this point I thought how cool it would be to have a bar in D&D called the Whitt's End but with a Piano Man sort of mood to it.

So here's what I came up with. The bar itself is actually the interior of a permanent Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion spell but slightly bigger to accommodate for an upstairs living quarters for the barkeep. The bar itself acts much like the Tardis from Doctor Who being semi-sentient and being capable of appearing in at any point in the past present or future. Of course however within the bar time seemingly has no effect and even those who are dying from fatal wounds become locked in a state that keeps them just alive enough until they leave. Though it's not always the case the bar should generally dispense patrons back to their own time when they walk out the door.

Now I also set up some rules for where and when the bar can appear. For instance it will generally only appear to those experiencing a very stressful or traumatizing moment in their life such as their own death, the death of their most cherished loved one, or perhaps making a decision that could irreparably change their lives. You get the idea. The bar of course will appear as just a door either standing alone or set into an object such as a tree or cliff face. Generally speaking I'd say most people can only ever see Whitt's End once in their life, though I'm sure there are a few exceptions.

Even more mysterious is that the barkeep doesn't know where the bar came from. He's basically going to be a pretty close take on John Avery Whittaker from the show, though obviously changed a little to fit the more somber tone I'm going for. He'll dispense kindly old man wisdom to what few customers he gets and clean the shop in his free time. His story is basically that when his wife died he, being grief stricken, got drunk and stumbled out into the forest with a rope to hang himself or something.. honestly not really sold on that part yet. Anyways while out there he drunkenly stumbles into the bar and passes out and the rest is history.

I'm thinking of making this the hardest part of a completely optional bar crawl for my players.

Reactions: MementoMalum

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I have a concept I want to run by those of you who play or have extensively played D&D specifically.

So I was going through some old boxes at my Dad's place and found some old cassette tapes of Adventures In Odyssey and it gave me a really great idea. See, I was listening to Piano Man while I was going through the boxes and when I saw the cassette I was suddenly reminded of the smoothie shop from Adventures In Odyssey which is kind of the focal point of most of the stories, Whitt's End. At this point I thought how cool it would be to have a bar in D&D called the Whitt's End but with a Piano Man sort of mood to it.

So here's what I came up with. The bar itself is actually the interior of a permanent Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion spell but slightly bigger to accommodate for an upstairs living quarters for the barkeep. The bar itself acts much like the Tardis from Doctor Who being semi-sentient and being capable of appearing in at any point in the past present or future. Of course however within the bar time seemingly has no effect and even those who are dying from fatal wounds become locked in a state that keeps them just alive enough until they leave. Though it's not always the case the bar should generally dispense patrons back to their own time when they walk out the door.

Now I also set up some rules for where and when the bar can appear. For instance it will generally only appear to those experiencing a very stressful or traumatizing moment in their life such as their own death, the death of their most cherished loved one, or perhaps making a decision that could irreparably change their lives. You get the idea. The bar of course will appear as just a door either standing alone or set into an object such as a tree or cliff face. Generally speaking I'd say most people can only ever see Whitt's End once in their life, though I'm sure there are a few exceptions.

Even more mysterious is that the barkeep doesn't know where the bar came from. He's basically going to be a pretty close take on John Avery Whittaker from the show, though obviously changed a little to fit the more somber tone I'm going for. He'll dispense kindly old man wisdom to what few customers he gets and clean the shop in his free time. His story is basically that when his wife died he, being grief stricken, got drunk and stumbled out into the forest with a rope to hang himself or something.. honestly not really sold on that part yet. Anyways while out there he drunkenly stumbles into the bar and passes out and the rest is history.

I'm thinking of making this the hardest part of a completely optional bar crawl for my players.
Check out the World Serpent Inn.

Reactions: MightyBiteySnake

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net
I only gravitate towards playing elves because they have long lives while I in real life have a horribly crippling fear of death.
Legit the reason I like vampires so much... And the conflict of the undead on top of that.

Although running a ton of VtM at the moment and then stopping to actually play VtR makes me kinda admire what Requiem was trying to do and what it did manage to do to stand separately from Masquerade in terms of flavour. I'm currently playing a hollow Mekhet bloodline who hangs out with torpor'd Ordo Dracul elders and acts something like a vampiric hospice staff making sure the elders are comfortable and getting rid of nightmares.

I also enjoyed VtR 2.0 update in regards to their character questions and building a working relationship map. Gets you to think a bit deeper about your place in the setting.

REGENDarySumanai

Poopie
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A drow duskblade and his band of dervish sounds like a good concept to build on. Duskblade is an ancient elf tradition and he was supposed to be an elf before he was permanently transformed in utero by a bunch of evil drow priestess. He takes it in stride. The Lady of the Dance would be pleased with a band of dancing fighters who specializes in hit and run combat.

Syaoran Li

Commie Punks Fuck Off!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anybody ever thought about a time travel-themed campaign with the PC's visiting multiple points in history? Something in the vein of Back to the Future or Crash Bandicoot 3?

I think it has potential as a long-term campaign, especially with something like GURPS Third Edition and its myriad historical setting books.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Anybody ever thought about a time travel-themed campaign with the PC's visiting multiple points in history? Something in the vein of Back to the Future or Crash Bandicoot 3?

I think it has potential as a long-term campaign, especially with something like GURPS Third Edition and its myriad historical setting books.
Depends on the Type of time travel being used. Different Types have different negative impact on the universe, most causing paradoxes. There's one Type though that allows minor changes to be made as events in the future still happen, sometimes with no changes other times with minor differences.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net

Kinda the bases for Feng Shui

Gingervitis

kiwifarms.net
Are there any good systems for a Persona trpg? My group likes Persona, and I want to run this system here for them. This is the system I'm using, but when I went on the creator discord, it had almost tumblr-tier rules. You have to put "triggering" jokes behind a spoiler tag. So if anyone has any other suggestions, please share them.

Attachments

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Agent Wet

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I really like the lore of the TV series adaptation of Twelve Monkeys (which by no means doesn't have blatant moments where logic goes out the window for the sake of drama, though) when it comes to time travel (such as: time has almost a consciousness itself and especially how certain individuals (called "primes") have their consciousness especially tied to time, which manifests by them looking crazy) and think it would be great for a roleplaying game. Some of the constrictions on time can set hard barriers like you have to get to the point where the time machine gets made and the general timeline used and therefore the wholesale use of time travel to solve problems isn't really possible (without a lot of thought, at least.) Of course, PCs could be voluntarily or involuntarily traveling in or out of control of where they go to. I like the idea.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
I've been going through a new book white I work called Spectacluar Settlements from Nord Gaming and so far it's not that bad when it comes to building a city. It seems pretty generic when it comes to rules so while it's supposed to be a 5th Edition supplement I think you could use these rules for any game. Their book still has some blank pages but it's not as bad as their Ultimate NPCs: Skulduggery book which you could probably edit yourself and remove 35% of the pages used. There's certainly more information in the city building than anything Pathfinder did for Kingmaker/ Ultimate Campaign or even what Legendary Games tried to flesh out with their Ultimate series of pdf's.

I will probably implement these rules for when I start up a new RPG campaign and will probably be my go to book for designing cities.

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
I've been going through a new book white I work called Spectacluar Settlements from Nord Gaming and so far it's not that bad when it comes to building a city. It seems pretty generic when it comes to rules so while it's supposed to be a 5th Edition supplement I think you could use these rules for any game. Their book still has some blank pages but it's not as bad as their Ultimate NPCs: Skulduggery book which you could probably edit yourself and remove 35% of the pages used. There's certainly more information in the city building than anything Pathfinder did for Kingmaker/ Ultimate Campaign or even what Legendary Games tried to flesh out with their Ultimate series of pdf's.

I will probably implement these rules for when I start up a new RPG campaign and will probably be my go to book for designing cities.
Cityscape, as well as City Works by Legends and Lairs are great books for city design. They're 3.5 but can be used for any edition with minimal fuss. I got a lot of mileage out of them back in the day.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Cityscape, as well as City Works by Legends and Lairs are great books for city design. They're 3.5 but can be used for any edition with minimal fuss. I got a lot of mileage out of them back in the day.
I have both and neither have as much detail in city building as this book does.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
With Discord adding screen share in voice chat we'll eventually see less of a need for virtual tabletops. With all of the great rpg bots that are out there that can be customized for any game with an online SRD and dice rollers, the only thing we need now is a way for people to interact with the screen share for maps. For now, this option is great for sharing world/ city maps and any player handouts.

• Informative
Reactions: REGENDarySumanai

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Now that the dust has settled the DMs from the group I left almost a month ago have released the homebrew system they've made for anybody to use and edit as they see fit. So now I've been polishing it alongside someone else who couldn't take anymore bullshit for use in our own campaigns.

I've edited so many typos and broken mechanics it isn't even funny - how the hell they managed to use this system in their campaign is beyond the both of us.

Tags
None