Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

MementoMalum

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The reason I ask is one of my lolcows was going on a rant about the guy. (They're the one that wrote The Watch.) I'm curious what the whole story is about. Why is he being witchhunted?
Go back literally one page.
An artist named Zak Smith, a lifelong shit-stirrer and fart-huffer, came afoul of Twitter and was alleged to have harassed women coworkers. Mearls said he investigated the claims and found no merit. Then people started claiming that Mearls had given the names and contact info of the accusers to Smith, something with basically zero evidence and which neither of them have admitted to. Months later, Smith's ex accuses him of being an abusive husband who coerced and browbeat people into having sex. He denied the claims and has sued her over them, that whole lawsuit is still pending so there's no entertaining story from that yet. He also sued an RPGnet/SA mod who had been broadcasting these accusations and won, getting a financial payout and a forced retraction, but this was in Australia which has a super low bar for defamation lawsuits, so Twitter has promptly ignored it and continued calling him a rapist. Though at this point, Jesus, Buddha, and Albert Einstein could all appear and vouch for the man and Twitter would still call him a rapist.

That said, Zak Smith is already a borderline cow and burns bridges like he's trying for insurance money. I've no idea whether the allegations have any truth or if it's a smear campaign, but since the guy's a rampant asshole it's really no skin off my back whichever side comes out on top here.
TL;DR:

Mearls defends a (potential) rapist, and is cancelled as a result.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
....did he just imply women are bad at math and illiterate in the name of femminism?
Yeah I know, right?
His timing is totally off, he's only meant to do that when a woman fails at something, so he can defend rule-bending that allows her to pass on lower standards.

SomeCybranCommander

kiwifarms.net
Thinking about starting a Black Crusade campaign: here's my idea.

You're one of the many Chaos worshipers desperately trying to fight over the treasure of an ancient daemonic tainted sea world in the Eye of Terror. Beneath the seas are copious amounts of treasure, tentacles, teeth, and the corpses of those who have tried to plunder the vast reserves of wealth made by the Old Ones before their parting from the galaxy.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Thinking about starting a Black Crusade campaign: here's my idea.

You're one of the many Chaos worshipers desperately trying to fight over the treasure of an ancient daemonic tainted sea world in the Eye of Terror. Beneath the seas are copious amounts of treasure, tentacles, teeth, and the corpses of those who have tried to plunder the vast reserves of wealth made by the Old Ones before their parting from the galaxy.

Old one tech would be beyond priceless way beyond eldar tech or archeotech, you're talking about stuff which could circumvent the warp or even master it. In fact the dark gods would probably desire it's destruction unless it's something which could be corrupted or missused.
You might want to make really minor tech like the equivalant or a power sword or a music box otherwise it's a setting gamechanger.

• Agree
Reactions: Spooky Bones

Swiss46

White Trash Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
About to finish the 5e adventure descent into Avernus. I ran it differently then the book intended with Devils being more hostile and cruel to party members turning it into a struggle to survive a hostile environment where two armies larger than you could comprehend regularly clash.
Also I cut out the golden ballsack elephant half the fucking book uses because DM pcs are dumb and having one being a super special magic elephant who knew the fallen angle before her fall is incredibly gay.

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
I’m not buying any new dice. I just feel that it’s evil to use people’s desire to get dice and support the creators to fund a terrorist group.
You're thinking of ANTIFA. BLM is still considered a (fairly radical in some cities) political group by the average American.
You are, essentially, mad that a company that makes a product you don't buy is supporting a political group you're opposed to.

Flaming Insignias

Ready for anything
kiwifarms.net
You're thinking of ANTIFA. BLM is still considered a (fairly radical in some cities) political group by the average American.
You are, essentially, mad that a company that makes a product you don't buy is supporting a political group you're opposed to.
BLM is a black-supremacist movement that engages in riots and looting. Their stated goals are for blacks to be above the law and given money for existing. Having a major gaming company diverting revenues from normal purchases to said group is extremely immoral, no different than a store openly donating proceeds from purchase to a group like the NRA or the Proud Boys.

WinchesterPremium

kiwifarms.net
Old one tech would be beyond priceless way beyond eldar tech or archeotech, you're talking about stuff which could circumvent the warp or even master it. In fact the dark gods would probably desire it's destruction unless it's something which could be corrupted or missused.
You might want to make really minor tech like the equivalant or a power sword or a music box otherwise it's a setting gamechanger.
You can let your players change the setting if you really want. Its not like you have to call up GW and say "Hey, in my last DH game my players pulled out a bunch of Old One tech and used it to assassinate the God Emperor, you can't use him anymore. Please pass this on to everyone." People sometimes get weird about that, the world only exists to get changed by the players. You probably won't use the setting again and don't really have to force "canon" outcomes in most cases. Its their world to screw with as appropriate to their level of power and influence.

Tags
None