Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Remember how Generation X reacted to a decade plus of repression by the Moral Majority?
Honestly I see it coming, either that or a hard Right swing that makes the old Moral Majority look like the fucking Care Bears.

Can't wait to see burnt out Millennials bitching about how today's youth are selfish and only care about themselves 10-15 years from now. Complete the cycle and go full circle you Neo Hippie fucks.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't even put into words how much disgust I feel for WOTC right now. I don't fucking care about DnD, if not for my current group, I would never have even started playing it and I don't like many of the mechanics of DnD 5e, but this is fucking ridiculous.
Change Orcs and Drow into Carebears, cause gods beware we have an evil race with a warrior culture. We can't expect fully grown people to be mature about this, I guess. If they interpret this in the worst way possible, even though it's fucking obvious that this is not the makers intention, then no one is to blame but the ones that got mad in the first place.

What WOTC did was essentially admit that, yeah, indeed: Orcs being evil and a warrior culture was a stab at black people all along.

At this point, I'm willing to shell out money for the first RPG maker that goes "Fuck this whining, this is a game setting, it is apolitical as can be. Anyone can play it. If you're reading current politics into it and get mad, then grow the fuck up and leave us alone."

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
I can't even put into words how much disgust I feel for WOTC right now. I don't fucking care about DnD, if not for my current group, I would never have even started playing it and I don't like many of the mechanics of DnD 5e, but this is fucking ridiculous.
Change Orcs and Drow into Carebears, cause gods beware we have an evil race with a warrior culture. We can't expect fully grown people to be mature about this, I guess. If they interpret this in the worst way possible, even though it's fucking obvious that this is not the makers intention, then no one is to blame but the ones that got mad in the first place.

What WOTC did was essentially admit that, yeah, indeed: Orcs being evil and a warrior culture was a stab at black people all along.

At this point, I'm willing to shell out money for the first RPG maker that goes "Fuck this whining, this is a game setting, it is apolitical as can be. Anyone can play it. If you're reading current politics into it and get mad, then grow the fuck up and leave us alone."
Sadly, in America at least, this problem may get worse before it gets better (at least among big businesses). However, the small and decentralized nature of RPG publishing means that you can find pretty much whatever you want- and if you want to use a system without buying into its fluff, do that. WOTC aren't going to send a hit squad to your house for playing D&D wrong.

Funnily, I've found that games focused on the current era are less likely to get politicized to shit. Sure, VtM 5 has the stupid "IF YOU'RE A NAZI YOU CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME AND IF YOU'RE ABOUT TO SAY I'M NOT A NAZI YOU'RE A NAZI" disclaimer in the back but the game itself... well, certainly isn't any more stupid or politicized than 1.0. Delta Green is all about you being an anti-occult fed in Current Year and the most political it's gotten is getting people butthurt because Trump isn't portrayed as an evil demon (just a political outsider who barely even understands what DG does besides "fight terrorists".)

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
I mean, with drow and orcs, thats been happening for a long time, even before the SJW craze. Drizz't got the ball rolling with the drow, and the cult of Elistraee has been around for a long time. Kingdom of many arrows was one orc saying "Hey, i'm tired of us being nothing but EXP for adventurers, I'm going to slaughter my way into a kingdom and earn thier respect. and I'll kill any orc who doesn't like that."

a cynical look at this could be WOTC just using this for free publicity since its nothing they weren't already doing ANYWAY.

now, the ability changes on the other hand are probably going to be a huge crock of shit. the only people i can see liking that are munchkins and powergamers who want to tweak thier character just so, since it saps a lot of the uniqueness out of each race.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just wanted my big tittied succubus drawings and mountains of gold to kill dragons for.
Look forward to fluff text explaining that Succubi and Incubi are actually misunderstood non-binary transexuals and that they have been vilified by the church for not falling into their tight worldview of only two genders and that these STUNNING and BRAVE Succubi were actually fighting the good fight, converting narrowminded bigots to the light of pro-trans-rights, one intercourse at a time.

We can't have nice things. Succubi will look like that tranny from the recently leaked TLOU2 cutscene and you will like it, or you will be called Hitler.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
And now I'm sticking with 3.5 for any DnD games. GG Wizards, have fun with your fickle band who will unperson you when you do something stupid and not buy your shit.
I just play AD&D and Star Wars d6 now. My group can't stand what's going on with the "little faggots" (their words not mine) and ruining games. Can't retcon older game editions.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Fuck man. How did we get to a point where a small group of radicals control half of the political sphere and almost all of the media?
The internet and the idiots in control of these brands thinking mentally ill retards on Twitter= the will of the population. The same thing that's turned the political Left into a complete shitshow and laughing stock in both the US and UK.

This exact same shit happened in the 1980s-early 1990s with angry church moms harassing these companies for stupid shit. Hell in the early 90s Wizards flat out removed demons from the game to appease those idiots.

I want to fucking strangle every dumbass marketer and executive involved in this idiotic decision, I want to shove their damn heads in the most disgusting and putrid toilet I can find.

God damn "sensitivity readers" for a pen and paper RPG, what the fuck? Is D&D for fucking toddlers now?

Are evil characters banned now because it might "trigger" one of these adult babies?

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
The internet and the idiots in control of these brands thinking mentally ill retards on Twitter= the will of the population. The same thing that's turned the political Left into a complete shitshow and laughing stock in both the US and UK.

This exact same shit happened in the 1980s-early 1990s with angry church moms harassing these companies for stupid shit. Hell in the early 90s Wizards flat out removed demons from the game to appease those idiots.

I want to fucking strangle every dumbass marketer and executive involved in this idiotic decision, I want to shove their damn heads in the most disgusting and putrid toilet I can find.

God damn "sensitivity readers" for a pen and paper RPG, what the fuck? Is D&D for fucking toddlers now?

Are evil characters banned now because it might "trigger" one of these adult babies?
It's not just Twitter, but Facebook too it seems. Social media was a mistake. It's done nothing but harm.

MementoMalum

Ave Imperator, morituri te salutant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine apologizing for portraying the police as maybe having a point and protestors maybe not being perfect in a fictional work. This is from the author of a Pathfinder 2 adventure path.

Keep apologizing, that will work (archive)
idiocy.png

Going to mention TheTrove as a site with a lot of RPG materials. If you really really want a premade module or book, there are better ways of acquiring them besides giving money to these companies.

Dunsparce

Out of Control
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Wizards of the Coast can't be blamed for that one, at least, since TSR, the company founded by Gary Gygax that created D&D was still around. Wizards bought the empty husk of the company in 1997 after Lorraine Williams had run the company to the ground after ousting Gygax years before(2nd Edition, the edition that renamed all the demons and devils to be less religious, was pretty much created so that he would get next to no royalties).

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
T Hell in the early 90s Wizards flat out removed demons from the game to appease those idiots.
that was actually one woman who bought out TSR through stock shenanigans, before WotC even aquired D&D. the same person, who made Gygax throw up his hands and quit the company.

edit: ninjad

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Imagine apologizing for portraying the police as maybe having a point and protestors maybe not being perfect in a fictional work. This is from the author of a Pathfinder 2 adventure path.

View attachment 1389891

Going to mention TheTrove as a site with a lot of RPG materials. If you really really want a premade module or book, there are better ways of acquiring them besides giving money to these companies.
da archive is often a better source for updated RPG's for people who can't afford the books or looking for hard to find stuff. Someone is bound to have something you want.

I'm glad that Pathfinder ended with 1st Edition. 2nd Edition is just 4th Edition made by the woke crowd. I haven't been able to salvage anything from either Paizo or from 3rd party companies. Starfinder hasn't been all that bad, but it'll probably go the same way as this.

To be fair, Wizards of the Coast can't be blamed for that one, at least, since TSR, the company founded by Gary Gygax that created D&D was still around. Wizards bought the empty husk of the company in 1997 after Lorraine Williams had run the company to the ground after ousting Gygax years before(2nd Edtition was pretty much created so that he could get next to no royalties).
He wasn't the only one who lost royalties. People like Ed Greenwood were also fucked over. Pretty much anyone who created lore for any of the settings got fucked.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1389891

Yeah and if the police ever do get disbanded you'd be the first calling 911 and cry-typing on Twitter when Tyrone and Cletus show up to loot your doorstep.

I'm so fucking tired of these spoiled ivory towered fucks virtue signaling for asspats.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, Wizards of the Coast can't be blamed for that one, at least, since TSR, the company founded by Gary Gygax that created D&D was still around. Wizards bought the empty husk of the company in 1997 after Lorraine Williams had run the company to the ground after ousting Gygax years before(2nd Edition, the edition that renamed all the demons and devils to be less religious, was pretty much created so that he would get next to no royalties).
I always assumed TSR became WOTC though.

Tags
None