Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
I started to lose all of my confidence. I started to lose trust in myself. After finding out that I wasnt getting an extension or FTE, I resolved to just finish things out and take care of myself. To stop fighting and to just survive, quietly. But it just kept getting worse.
He was at best part-time and was very likely a contractor. Was he even on-site?

Trust actions, not words. Not "look at how much we freelance so and so", because freelancing is exploitation of diversity with no support for the freelancer. Not "here we finally did what we KNOW we should've done a long time ago", because they only care about how optics turn to dollars. EVERYTHING involving D&D will continue to farm marginalized people for the looks and never put them in leadership. They wont be put on staff. They will be held at arms length. I hope they prove me wrong.
Hasbro expects WotC to turn a profit? Wow, never saw that one coming.

I wonder how much the insane fuckery of WotC these days is simply due to the fact that they're in Seattle and the suits/corporate overlords are on the other side of the country in Providence, RI. Little hard for them to rein in the excesses from 4,000 miles away, I'd think. Then again, I'm assuming they are profitable and Hasbro probably doesn't want to rock the boat.

FWIW, tor.com has weighed in on this. (Archive) About what you'd exepct: Downtrodden black person of indeterminate gender and sexuality being abused by The Man, etc. Also dredges up other charges over the past few months that make WotC sound like a small remove from the KKK or something.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Interesting detail that have been overlooked in this story: he wasn't fired, his contract just ran out and wasn't renewed. Not an uncommon occurrence in and of itself.

“After finding out that I wasnt getting an extension or FTE, I resolved to just finish things out and take care of myself”
So he's a freelancer who just very publicly burned his bridges with the biggest employer in his field. He's never going to work in this field again.

Spooky Bones

🦴 🎺 🦴
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Very good odds that the only interesting things about Orion D. Black are his color and his genderspecialness, like the nonbinary girl who quit her job at NASA in a hissy fit. If you fall for this you're a bigger gay faggot than he is.

edit: damnit there are a surprising number of people who are truly and honestly named Orion Black; hard to tell if it's a pseudonym in his case (I'm thinking yes) but I'm having trouble finding him so far; he sure does seem to inhabit a lolcow singularity though, retweeting support for Trans lifeline and an incredible amount of SJW nonsense about games ("Tolkein, Orcs and Ableism.") a person of interest for sure.

Last edited:

Loose Goose

kiwifarms.net
Gather round, boys and girls, for Uncle Goose has a new story to tell. You have never heard this one: another genderweird SJW indie RPG designer has been outed as a sex pest! Meet Ben "SwordsNFlowers" Chong, who always keeps his sword close to the delicate flowers of South-East Asia. Like all stories, it gets better as it is told, with many twists, turns, and new revelations.

swordsandf00.pngswordsandf00b.pngswordsandf02.pngswordsandf03.pngswordsandf05.pngswordsandf06.pngswordsandf07.pngswordsandf08.pngswordsandf09.pngswordsandf10.png

There are a bunch of other names, but it would be tiresome to document all of them. There is an interesting takeaway in there, too: apparently, the South-East Asian game design community is almost exclusively the domain of trannies.

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
I have a relative who is currently running a D&D 5e campaign and wants to try new systems once that one is over. I'll be taking a look myself as well since I rarely find people willingly to do that.
Now I need suggestions, he wants something easier than 5e when it comes to encounter building and combat, but not something braindead either.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Swiss46

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gather round, boys and girls, for Uncle Goose has a new story to tell. You have never heard this one: another genderweird SJW indie RPG designer has been outed as a sex pest! Meet Ben "SwordsNFlowers" Chong, who always keeps his sword close to the delicate flowers of South-East Asia. Like all stories, it gets better as it is told, with many twists, turns, and new revelations.

View attachment 1439149View attachment 1439150View attachment 1439152View attachment 1439153View attachment 1439156View attachment 1439157View attachment 1439158View attachment 1439159View attachment 1439160View attachment 1439161

There are a bunch of other names, but it would be tiresome to document all of them. There is an interesting takeaway in there, too: apparently, the South-East Asian game design community is almost exclusively the domain of trannies.
Must be a day ending in y.

• DRINK!
Reactions: MementoMalum

K. V. Bones

The Internet Investigator
kiwifarms.net
Ah nothing like annoying your friends by making URIST the dwarf in a d&d game.

God I love that video.

Corn Flakes

Part of a nutritionally balanced breakfast!
kiwifarms.net
Did the Orion Black situation result in anything of note? I had a few people link me the Tor article but nothing else. I guess cancel culture hasn't hit Wizards of the Coast yet?

anti SJW

kiwifarms.net
Anything official on if Orion Black was just contracted and not a full time employee?

I'm glad they are putting a diversity statement in older products. It makes the originals worth more.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Corn Flakes

Part of a nutritionally balanced breakfast!
kiwifarms.net
I have a relative who is currently running a D&D 5e campaign and wants to try new systems once that one is over. I'll be taking a look myself as well since I rarely find people willingly to do that.
Now I need suggestions, he wants something easier than 5e when it comes to encounter building and combat, but not something braindead either.
Didn't see this post before.

Your friend is SOL. 5e is very simple already. I really like it but if we're being honest it has only just enough depth not to be braindead, so anything easier than it is likely to feel a bit flat. Maybe look into houseruling some RPG rules onto a wargaming system instead. Many of those are meant to be played with very large numbers of models so speed is of the essence there, and since they're combat-focused you rarely get more than just the combat stat block on a unit/model (which speeds up encounter design).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: MementoMalum

REGENDarySumanai

Poopie
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been digging through PF1e 3rd party stuff and trying to find some of the stuff (specifically Illuminatus, Time Warden, Time Thief) is like hitting my head on a brick wall.

• Feels
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None