• "Possible ratings manipulation. Harassment website"

Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Surtur, Apr 10, 2013.

1. M&M is a fun system and has recently got 3rd party support over the past three years now. Easy to break a character and I find that the DC Adventures M&M game DC characters just aren't fair because they use more points for their characters than you get (Batman for instance)

Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre Don't weep for the stupid, youll be crying all day

kiwifarms.net
  2. Here’s a new game that just crossed my dash. It’s still in alpha, but the authors are already trying to get five bucks for it. Guess Kickstarter isn’t what it used to be these days.

For generations, your people you have suffered. Your elders recount tales of hardship and hate. The young look to their futures with fear and despair. The Dominant Society controls all of the levers of power, creating laws that protect their interests above yours. Wealth and influence is held only by a few in the dominant Society, to use as they see fit. Your people are left only with silenced voices and crushed dreams. The world seems set against you.

You come from one of the marginalized communities, who suffer at the hands of the Dominant Society. You might be one of the Burdened, your mind or bodies shaped by trauma and misfortune. Perhaps you are one the Forsaken, deemed inferior by virtue of your sex or the passions of your heart. Are you Foreign, set apart by your ethnicity, faith, or culture? Were your people Native to these lands, before the occupation? Each of these communities cries for justice, for opportunity, and for peace.

Few souls have stood fast against injustice and oppression. Shaped by your traditions and resolve, you have learned to wield the Secret Fire of the magi. You are one of The Wise, who might draw upon mighty sorceries and clever enchantments. You hold the keys to the universe, and will seize respect for your people. You will not be quiet. You will not be still. You will not comply.

Unfortunately, you have other struggles beyond liberation. There are whispers of dark things lurking on the far frontier. The Doom threatens us all, the powerful and the oppressed alike. Only the Secret Fire can keep them at bay, burning away their corruption and shattering their terrible forms. The Wise are given a grudging respect, and a measure of social power, by virtue of fight against this distant foe. This struggle will temper you and teach you to master your magics.

Circles of Power is a game about individuals who have suffered oppressions, and have gained magic to balance the karmic scales. In this game, you play one of the Wise who arise from marginalized communities. You cast your spells to ward off the Doom and to earn valuable favors from the Society. You spend that favor to Take a Stand against the Society to protect your communities from oppression and violence. The struggle for justice and freedom will teach you the lessons you need to learn, to master your spells.

Note: This is a preliminary edition of the game, referred to as an Ashcan. While it is playable and engaging, there are still some rough edges. I am currently spending time, trying to refine the content and ensure that it is fully respectful of the various marginalized communities it focusses on.

Too subtle?
    I'd post come content to make fun of, but I'm not spending money on these fools.

Wallace

Wallace Cram it in me, baby!

kiwifarms.net
  3. Tumblr: The Triggering.
    Someone needs to run a game of this on here so we can make fun of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Randall Fragg

Randall Fragg Commissar of the Alt-Left
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Well give that so many funded Kickstarters are just scams, even in the gaming community, I wouldn't fund anything on there. There are still a few 3pp Pathfinder books I'm waiting for that should have already come out. Hell, the Cthulhu kickstarter should have been sent out in December.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  5. I so want to make an OSR-style old-school D&D parody campaign based on Sonic The Hedgehog and its rather infamous fandom.

The PC's are all Sonic OC's living in a pseudo-medieval fantasy world and aesthetically, the game would be similar to the early years of Dungeons & Dragons. I would probably use OD&D or a clone thereof (like Swords & Wizardry or Microlite74 if I want to keep it rules-light and simple). The whole thing is rather tongue-in-cheek and makes fun of both Sonic's horrid fandom as well as some of the lolcow types in the RPG community such as Chris A. Fields, Satyros Brucato, and most of the userbase at RPG.net

Of course, since this is a joke game, it'd probably be just a one-shot game.

On another less autistic subject, if one were to run a tabletop RPG where the characters play little green Army Men (similar to Toy Story or the old Army Men video games for the original PlayStation), what system would work best?

Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li Crouching Tiger, Drunken Weeaboo

kiwifarms.net
  6. I think it's time for kickstarter to get some standards when it comes to offering it's services. Make sure the product is 90% complete or some shit.

BlueArmedDevil

BlueArmedDevil Pip-Bee 3000

kiwifarms.net
  7. Anyone have Savage Rift in PDF form I can use?

Ol' Slag

Ol' Slag When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Give me a few minutes and I'll see

You mean Savage Worlds Rifts right?

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  9. I already got ahold of one. I forgot I wrote this, too many OTC drugs due to illness. Thanks anyways.

Ol' Slag

Ol' Slag When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Well get well. If you need info on any .pdfs ask. May know where to find them.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  11. I keep wanting to get involved in at least one game to try it out, but never seem to have the time/money/group/etc to do so. So I just end up watching stuff like HarmonQuest or Twits & Crits instead.

SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart SOO FUCKING CRAZY

kiwifarms.net
  12. play by post would probably be more up your alley than

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  13. Speaking of the Onyx Path Forums, I've come to realize that the cWoD folks are the saner ones. I came up with a post for a satirical Mage story idea where part of the Syndicate wants to take advantage of the Fat Acceptance movement by discrediting diets, endorsing fashion and models over a size 23 and make movies about obese heroes. While the other part that's involved in the diet and fitness industry are fighting against it (along with the Progenitors that want people to be healthy) and the PCs can choose to either intervene or let the two sides make fools of themselves. Thankfully, no one has went REEE on me yet (then again, I joked about getting angry posts about it).

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Developmental lead for the Pathfinder Adventure Path Ironfang Invasion. Who want's to bet it's going to be SJW trash? Unless someone has played other games by them.
    Crystal Fraser
    https://twitter.com/amazonchique?lang=en

lol for them to get messages on Facebook removed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  15. Well you avoided all the trigger words to summon the sjw trans click.

BlueArmedDevil

BlueArmedDevil Pip-Bee 3000

kiwifarms.net
  16. I've got a pretty good Deathwatch story from the weekend, if anyone wants to hear it.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Trigger word REEEE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Sable

Sable DANGEROUS BARK QUARTET

kiwifarms.net
  18. I've been working on a Ventrue character I'd love to play in a Vampire the Masquerade game. Probably not your typical Ventrue, but I hate playing typical characters.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
  19. What is he/she about?

Sure, fill us in.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  20. Basically, he's an old Ventrue who wants to take apart each clan in his city for how he's been treated and for what he's lost. Unlike other Ventrue, he prides himself with his fighting prowess and cares little about the charade of nobility. There's nothing noble about any of them. He uses his Wrath companion to help gather information on how best to destroy other vampires and while he has access to quietus , he thinks diablerieis an act of the desperate so he wont consume the blood of another vampire but will use it against them.

Due to decades of confinement he's also a bit unhinge

• Like Like x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net