Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Me as a GM: “man, fuck you”
Me as a player: “ha ha Ork go WAAAUUUGGGHH”
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Without details on what the DM was like, I went "welp fuck you dude" because that shit is why DMs ditch you or their own game.

Given new details on the guy, I'm notably less sympathetic.
Well, his DM is a bit of a bitch, so it sounds like he might deserve it a bit. The game is supposed to be fun at the end of the day.
True, the DM being snippy and prone to sniping other peoples' efforts did deserve some of that. But I DM too, and what most players forget is that the DM has to have fun too. If the DM wants to die, then they will usually just flake or just try and kill you in game when they can't take it.

He is a stupid motherfucker though for not just cancelling if he hated it though.

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
I recently found a wiki which translated a lot of Sword World (the tabletop that Record of Lodoss War) material. I believe it's edition 2.0.

There is a lot of good information, from crunch to fluff, a bestiary and even some Starter Scenarios from which you can build your own campaigns. I'm still reading through it, actually, because it is a lot of stuff.

Linking it here should anyone want to check it out.

Thundermania

Lady Dimitrescu Appreciator
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Without details on what the DM was like, I went "welp fuck you dude" because that shit is why DMs ditch you or their own game.

Given new details on the guy, I'm notably less sympathetic.

True, the DM being snippy and prone to sniping other peoples' efforts did deserve some of that. But I DM too, and what most players forget is that the DM has to have fun too. If the DM wants to die, then they will usually just flake or just try and kill you in game when they can't take it.

He is a stupid motherfucker though for not just cancelling if he hated it though.
Yeah I should’ve prefaced, this DM has a gross kick for femdom shit. You know that draw faggotry of a Black Templar being tempted by Slaanesh? That was pretty much my last Paladin in one of his campaigns, spent two turns being strung up by demonic whores trying to tempt me away from god.

The other player in the session ended up saving me because of second hand cringe.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I should’ve prefaced, this DM has a gross kick for femdom shit. You know that draw faggotry of a Black Templar being tempted by Slaanesh? That was pretty much my last Paladin in one of his campaigns, spent two turns being strung up by demonic whores trying to tempt me away from god.

The other player in the session ended up saving me because of second hand cringe.
Nahh fuck him then. I now have no sympathy whatsoever. Magical realms are not something you should ever seriously bring out.

Road Work Ahead

kiwifarms.net
Killed two of my players in my cyberpunk 2020 game, or should I say, two of my players killed themselves. One fell 5 stories because he wasn't paying attention when another player botched a roll to tie a knot. The other was shot in the head for being a retard and putting the rest of the group at risk. I really do just feel like a tard wrangler sometimes...

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
Killed two of my players in my cyberpunk 2020 game, or should I say, two of my players killed themselves. One fell 5 stories because he wasn't paying attention when another player botched a roll to tie a knot. The other was shot in the head for being a retard and putting the rest of the group at risk. I really do just feel like a tard wrangler sometimes...
Run Paranoia as a one shot for them. You get to wrangle with a lot more glee and they shoot one another in the head a lot more.

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
Any game where it's literally against the rules for the players to reference the corebook during gameplay is inherently hilarious :biggrin:
Not only is that against the rules but displaying knowledge of the setting or rules beyond what the GM has confirmed can be considered against the rules depending on how stringently silly you want to be.

Thundermania

kiwifarms.net
Nahh fuck him then. I now have no sympathy whatsoever. Magical realms are not something you should ever seriously bring out.
Well there was a happy ending, he eventually pulled the stick out his ass and soft-rebooted the setting to all our benefit. Orcs won, krumped the baddies and our great WAaaaaaGH has dissolved into tribes and competing warbands...... sneaky fucker reintroduced the GoT “Houses” system with an Orky twist.

You ever experienced an Orc Red Wedding? Shit was hysterical, Warboss Burbog the Loyal and his concubine were set to be wed by Snafu the Disingenuous at Arch-Chief Gurguta’s longhouse but Ar-Temus brought a shoota (three crossbows stacked) and started firing. During the mayhem the hummies started a rebellion, grog was poisoned, people was krumped and Warboss Burbog lost a quarter of his head alongside ten of his wives.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Well there was a happy ending, he eventually pulled the stick out his ass and soft-rebooted the setting to all our benefit. Orcs won, krumped the baddies and our great WAaaaaaGH has dissolved into tribes and competing warbands...... sneaky fucker reintroduced the GoT “Houses” system with an Orky twist.

You ever experienced an Orc Red Wedding? Shit was hysterical, Warboss Burbog the Loyal and his concubine were set to be wed by Snafu the Disingenuous at Arch-Chief Gurguta’s longhouse but Ar-Temus brought a shoota (three crossbows stacked) and started firing. During the mayhem the hummies started a rebellion, grog was poisoned, people was krumped and Warboss Burbog lost a quarter of his head alongside ten of his wives.
Sounds pretty typical for Westeros. The Westerosi consider weddings a dull event if they don't have at least three assassinations.

Thundermania

kiwifarms.net
Sounds pretty typical for Westeros. The Westerosi consider weddings a dull event if they don't have at least three assassinations.
Well one Orc tried to stab Gorhuza Iron-Thighs right in the baby. Turns out her husband had foresight, had a doc cut her open and implant a goblin assassin.

She died but that assassin didn’t, goblin leapt out of the woman, lunging at the murderer while spastically screamingadding yet another voice to the madness of the wedding.

Shit was cozy, freezing cold winter while a redeemed DM described upwards of 46 different plans colliding in one night, marriage plans, honor duels, assassinations and I shit you not, traditional Christian marriage vows reworked to replace God with Gork and Mork, with the vows being suitably orky

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's definitely not showing up. I hate to be the killjoy but they weren't exactly, uh, subtle about things.

Annoying, too. I was using them as a resource for some of the older 2E stuff that I'm reworking for my 5E campaign.
It's very disappointing as while I saved some stuff, I didn't save everything I thought was interesting.

It's frustrating too because it's been a little while since I checked the site, so I don't know how long it's been gone and I can't seem to find any word whether to expect it to be back or if it's gone for good.

If anyone knows where to find PDFs of other old gamebooks for free please let me know.

EDIT: Wow, it's actually back already, time to go on a downloading spree.

Last edited:

BlazikenLover

GNU + Linux fatman
kiwifarms.net
I recently found a wiki which translated a lot of Sword World (the tabletop that Record of Lodoss War) material. I believe it's edition 2.0.

There is a lot of good information, from crunch to fluff, a bestiary and even some Starter Scenarios from which you can build your own campaigns. I'm still reading through it, actually, because it is a lot of stuff.

Linking it here should anyone want to check it out.
Neat, I tried out the Konosuba system last year and found it ok, I was later told it was a modified sword world and so I wanted to check out SW itself, to my disappointment I found it never got a translation, official or unofficial.
I will be reading this whenever I'm bored, I may get inspiration or find some mechanics/lore to copy.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone having slow load times when trying to pull something off the Trove? I swear I might as well be on dialup.