Sonichu Taffy's Annotated Sonichu - Director Amenities almost finished!

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys! Sorry about the delay; Annotated Sonichu's not dead (neither is Nadine) but I've been back at school for a couple of weeks now and I've been hard at work doing actual work stuff. So between that and the fact that the episodes are getting longer I've decided to change the format a little. Now I'm going to release in little chunks at a time, not based on any specific page count but whenever there's a reasonable stopping point. I apologize for the slow pace and I apologize that it's not going to pick up anytime soon, but I do have a long train ride coming up soon that hopefully I'll be able to crank out a bunch of pages during.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/tagged/Evil-is-Afoot!/chrono

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Of course Wham! has other songs!

[also, before you started on Episode 16, there's a page numbered Sonichu 5 when it's 6]

Reactions: Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
I'm finally, finally almost done with Episode 14. Sorry it's been like a month in progress. It'll all be up by the end of the day.

Edit: I'm sorry, something came up on really short notice. Now it's done.

Last edited:

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I have a question. During the introduction, you point out this is attempt #3 at 'Annotated Sonichu'. Obviously attempt #1 is the tumblr, but what about attempt #2?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
So I have a question. During the introduction, you point out this is attempt #3 at 'Annotated Sonichu'. Obviously attempt #1 is the tumblr, but what about attempt #2?
There was this thread from 5 years ago, and the CWCki page u mention a successor Tumblr called "Annotated Sonichu Continued" that's now entirely defunct and now a page in Polish, maybe, I don't even recognize the language. Since I couldn't deny the possibility of a connection between the thread and the former blog I went with declaring myself the third annotator, but I might even be the fourth person to try to annotate Sonichu. I'm increasingly worried the position might be cursed.

• Informative
Reactions: Muscle Bra

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
I decided to check that page on the Wayback Machine, and it was actually still alive by 2017.

http://web.archive.org/web/20170903135038/http://annotatedsonichucontinued.tumblr.com:80/

You gave some good commentary on these pages as well, so maybe you could just quote this guy if you wish to?
I think I'll do just that, good idea.

I'm pretty sure now that this guy and the guy from the thread are two different people, so I feel safe in saying that I am in fact (at least) the fourth person to attempt to annotate Sonichu, this is just the third Tumblr blog.

Last edited:

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
Hey y'all, hope you enjoyed Sonichu 6. I'm going through a bit of a health crisis right now though and I still have other, college related duties, so I'm going to put The Annotated Sonichu on the back burner for a while and Nadine, who while I promise I haven't forgotten about her, is going to go on hiatus until the summer. I'll probably do the Sonichu 7 cover so I can change up the background and whenever I get the spare time I might crank out a few more of those song annotations, but I just need to slow down a bit until I get better. I promise this summer's going to be great though.

Gym Leader Elesa

Sock Bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey y'all, hope you enjoyed Sonichu 6. I'm going through a bit of a health crisis right now though and I still have other, college related duties, so I'm going to put The Annotated Sonichu on the back burner for a while and Nadine, who while I promise I haven't forgotten about her, is going to go on hiatus until the summer. I'll probably do the Sonichu 7 cover so I can change up the background and whenever I get the spare time I might crank out a few more of those song annotations, but I just need to slow down a bit until I get better. I promise this summer's going to be great though.
I just binge read the entire thing. Thank you for your work.

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just finished the entire Annotated Sonichu (over the course of a couple of weeks; not at one sitting) and I really appreciate the time you put into annotating it. It was the first time I'd actually read Sonichu (as opposed to just seeing some of Chris's more infamous pages/panels) and, somehow, it was even worse than I'd imagined it could be.

A few random thoughts:
  • I liked how the comic allowed me to follow how Chris's interests in/sperging over various media changed over time, and the impact they had on the storyline (such as it was). First, Chris was all about Sonic, then he transitioned to Excel Saga, then he moved on to Transformers, then it was all about anime, and so on.
  • The transformation sequences crack me up every single time I see them. I don't know why, but it really makes me laugh to watch a Pikachu tail just sprouting out of someone's ass.
  • And, finally ... I think I may have figured out what Chris meant when he wrote "My wooden badge was delicious". CWC has already established that all the jerkops have badges made out of crackers, while the Jerkhief has a badge made out of tree bark. Since CWC portrayed the Jerkhief as big and dumb and oafish, it's quite possible that he tried to eat his badge, thinking it was also a cracker. Then, once he realized it was wooden, he didn't want to look like a complete idiot so he claimed it was intentional and that he enjoyed it, kind of like Pee-Wee Herman...

Edited: And when Chris claims that the jerkops' billy clubs/night sticks are actually breadsticks, I think he means "baguettes". Aside from being super fragile and crumbly, breadsticks are about the size and shape of a drumstick, while a baguette is closer in size and diameter to a night stick. Although a baguette would probably survive a couple of whams on someone's head, it sure wouldn't do much damage.

Last edited:

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
Change of plans. I'm going on medical leave from school until I get better. On the bright side, this leaves me with plenty of spare time to work on TAS and Ghost in the Machine. I finally got the next two songs up (the two songs Chris titled Boys Boys Boys) and I'll probably have the Issue 7 cover up tomorrow. I'll probably (finally!) finish Sparkle Like You Mean It and that eighth chapter of Nadine before too long and I'm going to get started on Sonichu 7 a lot sooner than I thought I was.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/post/172291461320/boys-boys-boys-summertime-love

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/post/172292709045/boys-boys-boys-girls-girls-girls

Reactions: SneaselFox
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino