Sonichu Taffy's Annotated Sonichu - Director Amenities almost finished!

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net
(I'm assuming you're Dyiowaves)
1. I'm technically off on medical leave from my school right now since I'm also going through a pretty serious health crisis, but while I was at school I didn't talk about it with anyone. I'm assuming that none of my professors would be pleased with the fact that I would prefer to be reading something terrible to help figure out why it's so terrible than read whatever book they're hailing as the finest example of modern literature ever produced. Chris is also very much an acquired taste. I forgot where it was but someone compared Chris's body of work, especially Sonichu itself, to really spicy food, most people can't get on with it but it has a small and loyal following. I don't ever bring up Chris to either people who I think would be too inclined to white knight him, A-Log him (usually regarding his racism or homophobia), would think less of me for my interest in his work (usually SJWs who would get angry because of my continued use of male pronouns regarding him), or people I just think wouldn't be inclined to get what I see out of Sonichu. The first half or so of Sonichu, before the trolls, I'll admit is fairly dull on the whole, certainly compared to 8-10, which, while horrifying in pretty much every way, are incredibly interesting. Same thing with Ghost in the Machine - I'm perfectly okay with the fact that it's at its core a Sonic/Pokémon crossover fic since, realistically, if I'm ever going to get a job writing anything, it'll probably be working for some larger franchise and not publishing my own creative property, so I don't think writing it is a fruitless endeavor, but yeah, I know it doesn't sound good.
2. With regards to bias in TAS, along with pretty much every other stylistic choice in TAS, I'm defaulting to whatever the first writer was doing. I'm trying to make my part of the Annotated Sonichu blend in as seamlessly as I can, and the original writer had a handful of jabs at Chris, the characters, and the plotline (my favorite is from Sonichu 1: "Yes, Naitsirhc, we know he's black, shut up.") It probably wouldn't fly in actual academic writing, but most academic writings are about works that are less snark-worthy than Sonichu.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pomf and SneaselFox

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
Here's the KCWC segment. Sorry it took me so long to do such a short segment but I've been in particularly poor health this month and I'm four issues in to annotating Sonichu and the inevitable "what am I doing with my life" is starting to set in. This will also be the last episode of the comic I release in one sitting as from here on out almost all of the episodes are comparatively much longer than the earlier ones, so I'll divide them into more manageable chunks and release them when I finish.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/tagged/Tune-in-to-Station-KCWC-for-Everything/chrono

I'm going to take a little break between Sonichu 7 and 8 to A) mentally prepare myself for Sonichu 8 and B) dedicate a little more of my time and effort to Ghost in the Machine. I know it's my less popular of my two Sonichu projects but it's also my stress relief - whenever I have the urge to smash my computer against the wall because Sonichu is driving me crazy, I just take all my frustration out on Ghost in the Machine. If I didn't have an outlet to spin Chris's straw into gold I wouldn't have gotten this far on Annotations. I will, however, be abandoning Ghost in the Machine's specific thread and merging it with this thread.

I also have two disclaimers:

It is with a heavy heart I announce that I will be utilizing the uncensored versions of Sonichu 8 for Taffy's Annotated Sonichu. I have been attempting as much as possible to continue the vision and the wishes of the original Annotated Sonichu and the original Annotated Sonichu did say that they intended to annotate the TV-MA edition of Rage Against the Garbage and Spring Break 2008. In their honor I must use the uncensored versions.

Secondly, regarding the sources for my pages: So far I've been using the archive of Chris's original CWC Sonichu site for the pages I've been using, as to have the original, unretconned names. The original TV-MA pages were originally linked offsite to a page that was quickly unlinked but the pages are still up on the CWCki itself; that's what I'll be using specifically for those uncensored pages. The CWC Sonichu site peters out in the middle of Date Ed, so, to avoid jumping around between the two sites starting from the beginning of Sonichu 9 I will be using the CWCkipedia archive. I can't find any version of Episode 20 that doesn't use "Slaweel", unfortunately. I want to say the change was canon by that point.

It has come to my attention the tactics of the current wave of I HAVE AUTISM PLEASE LAUGH AT ME and trolls bears something of a resemblance to the premise of Ghost in the Machine, attempting to rewrite Sonichu canon. I just wanted to let it be known that I am not using Ghost in the Machine as an attempt to troll Chris. I am not in any way attempting to make the changes made to Sonichu canon in GitM to be in any way applied to the canon of Sonichu proper. The idea of the story being a letter to Chris is just a framing device for the story itself and I have not actually sent him anything regarding GitM. I know Chris would not enjoy or appreciate GitM so I'm not bothering him with it. Please remember that I have a vested interest in keeping Sonichu proper very boring - the more confusing and boring Sonichu proper is the more useful my annotations are, so I want Chris to continue Sonichu 12-9 as a trite story about his ponysona because then I have stuff to annotate. I started work on Ghost in the Machine in mid-December 2017 and posted the first chapters up on 21 Jan 2018, the day before Idea Guy was doxed and his methods came to light. GitM is just a fun little thought exercise for me to tweak Sonichu canon into a better story and hopefully make something that other Kiwis and Christorians can enjoy too. It's just a novel. Going forward I will make a concerted effort to make GitM stay on territory far away from whatever the most notable Idea Guy copycat trolls are doing and what they're making Chris do (the GitM version of Magi-Chan wasn't going to show up for at least another 10-15 chapters from where I'm at now but I've given serious consideration to writing him out entirely in light of the blooming Magi-Cryzel saga). Thank you and I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
Got up the Sonichu 8 cover and gave TAS a girly makeover to celebrate. My life has been insanely hectic these past two weeks and it's not going to let up anytime soon, but hopefully the pages about the sex scene will be fairly brief since, I mean, there's only so much I can say about Sonichu's dick, so hopefully that'll be up in a little while.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/post/174566259695/sonichu-8-cover

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
These are great fun to read, Taffy. Thank you for doing them.

I don't have a Tumblr account, but I wanted to comment that Chris believes in the Third Date Rule, so naturally he'd assume that Jason had molested Katherine. That's the whole purpose of dating, in his mind, so if someone's gone to dinner a few times, he assumes the duck has visited China.

Vehk

kiwifarms.net
Got up the Sonichu 8 cover and gave TAS a girly makeover to celebrate. My life has been insanely hectic these past two weeks and it's not going to let up anytime soon, but hopefully the pages about the sex scene will be fairly brief since, I mean, there's only so much I can say about Sonichu's dick, so hopefully that'll be up in a little while.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/post/174566259695/sonichu-8-cover

Is Silvana's lazy eye here the worst one to appear in the series so far?

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
The first section of Rage Against the Garbage proper is up. My sections for Episode 17 are going to be next the elevator gag, then the Jason/Incredible Lioness part, and lastly the stripping for women's rights epilogue. Hopefully the elevator gag will be a little quicker than this section was since there's so little to talk about (except maybe the white house gag).
https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/tagged/Rage+Against+the+Garbage/chrono/page/11

Also, because I am a fucking exceptional individual and got distracted-
https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/post/175518759575/sonichu-vietnamese-crystal-2
Happy July fools day or whatever.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You accidentally left your 2 o'clock complaint on the transcription.

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
The Elevator Gag is up. Sorry it took so long but one of my least favorite parts of TAS is just explaining where things came from and the fucking elevator gag was entirely just that. It's about to get real interesting though so I hope to get the next portion of Episode 17 out before the end of the month.

https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/tagged/Rage+Against+the+Garbage/chrono/page/30

New GitM too. Going to try to pick up the pace a little with that too.

https://nadinerosechu.tumblr.com/post/176240230718/transcript-of-a-conversation-between-sarah-n
https://nadinerosechu.tumblr.com/post/176240255633/chapter-10-tainted-love
https://nadinerosechu.tumblr.com/post/176240279583/conversation-between-sarah-n-hammer-and-wesley

I'd also like to take a little time to say thank you all for the support TAS has gotten over the past 6 months or so. TAS has almost 80 followers now. 80 Tumblr followers. I never thought we would make it that far and I really thank you guys for your enthusiasm for the blog. I was really concerned when I was starting up that I wasn't going to be able to live up to the original annotator's legacy and how I would be received under his shadow, but now I don't worry about that anymore and I can now officially say that half of the content on TAS is mine. I'm really grateful for you guys's enthusiasm for Annotated Sonichu content and I hope you enjoy the rest of this bumpy ride ahead.

Also my TAS Google Doc is 288 single-spaced pages long now.

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
Good Godbear Rage Against the Garbage is 72 pages long. But it's done now.
https://taffysannotatedsonichu.tumblr.com/tagged/Rage+Against+the+Garbage/chrono/page/65

A couple of updates:
Firstly, I am still not considered well enough to return to school so I'll also be taking the Fall 2018 semester off to get better, which means I'll have another five months or so to put a lot of work into TAS before I go back next January, I'd like to get up through the end of Sonichu 10 in that time.

Secondly, I'm going to be moving into Spring Break 2008 next but between Sonichu 8 and 9 I'm going to cover the four specials (Holding Out for a Hero, the Wedding Comic, the Giant Penis Comic, and the Gun Comic) before moving into Date Ed.

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net

Attachments

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Pokémon Center Store" may be a reference to real life "Pokémon Centers" - that is, official stores that sell Pokémon merchandise and host events and such. Ironically, Chris is either confusing them or fusing the concepts.

SneaselFox

CWC Observer and purveyor of Chicken Tendies
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino