• "I'm the kind of guy who walks around my college campus, discussing grisly crime scene details into an RCA handheld voice recorder."

Disaster Tampa Serial killer?

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CatParty, Nov 14, 2017.

Forum Guidelines
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  1. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspicious-death-in-tampa-area-where-serial-killer-fears-sparked/

TAMPA, Fla. – Police here are investigating a deadly shooting early Tuesday morning in the Seminole Heights neighborhood – the same one where three murders were committed last month within days of each other, giving rise to fears of a possible serial killer on the loose, reports CBS Tampa affiliate WTSP-TV.

The latest victim was found before 5 a.m., the station says.

Investigators are calling it a "suspicious death," according to a news release from Tampa police.

Police haven't yet identified the victim, who is a male, Tampa police spokesperson Steve Hegarty told WTSP. The first responding sergeant got to the scene in "about a minute," he added.

Police say it's too early to know if the shooting is connected to the October slayings in the Seminole Heights neighborhood, but they're treating it as if it is, for now at least.

On Tuesday morning, Tampa police were asking residents in the neighborhood to stay in their homes and keep their children home from school until an "all clear" is given, WTSP said.

"We want to talk with as many people as we can; we don't think whoever did this has gone very far at this point," Hegarty said.

Three people were fatally shot in Seminole Heights during a 10-day period last month. All were alone and had gotten off a bus when they were gunned downed at night, apparently randomly. None were robbed.

Police have been boosting patrols in the area.

They have released surveillance videos of a hooded suspect taken after two of the shootings.

• Informative Informative x 6
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. My guess is gang fighting. But then where do you draw the line on serial killing? If a gang has an initiation where they have to shoot and kill someone in a specific way, would that meet the specifications of a serial killer cult?

• Agree Agree x 6
    neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.net
  3. So it's not a typical day in Tampa?

How surprising.

With a name like Seminole Heights, that would be my first guess.

Kevin Spencer

Kevin Spencer He's a chain smoking, alcoholic sociopath

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 2
    CWCchange

CWCchange Professional Hikikomori

kiwifarms.net
  4. Florida is weird. It's gentrifying so fast that you can drive from an upper middle class neighborhood to a scary one in less than a minute. Most of Seminole Heights is actually relatively well-off now. Median income: $47,817. It's mostly a nice area. But then there are patches completely controlled by gangs.

• Informative Informative x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Aaaaand another furry gunned down.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Sinners Sandwich

Sinners Sandwich Eid, Pmurt, Eid

kiwifarms.net
  6. Meh, it's the same in most urban areas of the South depending on the side of railroad tracks or major street, but Florida is just a more clear case because of greater urbanization. Frankly, it's the same across the country. Even in NYC, you have the Upper East Side sharing its border with East Harlem, but now it and Harlem itself are gentrifying into a nouveau riche hotspot. SF has Union Square and Nob Hill's boundaries meeting right at a slum of SRO flophouses now being converted into boutique hotels.

• Informative Informative x 3
    CWCchange

kiwifarms.net
  7. As a man who lives in florida you are wrong, Florida is just weird and thats pretty much it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    TheScooper

TheScooper I Scoop-A-Da Poop

kiwifarms.net
  8. Florida Man has really gone off the deep end hasn't he? *sigh*

FierceBrosnan

FierceBrosnan Still too sober for this shit.

kiwifarms.net
  9. More so then normaly?
    ..nah

• Feels Feels x 1
    TheScooper

kiwifarms.net
  10. Well I live there, too. It's weird in a shit ton of other aspects you're likely thinking about.

Most crazy shit done in the cities are by peeohcees, while in the sticks it's meth-addicted Florida Man.

• Like Like x 1
    CWCchange

kiwifarms.net
  11. Yeah, but remember North is South, South is North and Central is pure insanity.

TheScooper

kiwifarms.net
  12. ^Nah, South is North...-South America.

CWCchange

kiwifarms.net