Tara Strong / Tara Lynn Charendoff - "Queen of the Bronies" and Trump sperg who locks herself inside a salt-filled echo chamber

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Turd Cow

Battle Bottom
kiwifarms.net
Its hard to figure out joking and sarcasm on the internet in general.
In order to understand sarcasm, you must be able to read the context. Do you even know what contect in text is?

For example, if someone was saying that tara will never have sex with you. You should know that tara is married and already has kids, so she wouldn't have sex with you.

Thats sarcasm, if you ubderstand the implied contect then you'll get it.

Brit Crust

Most Fashionable Bitch In Tremorton
kiwifarms.net
If Tara Strong didn't become the lead of MLP, would there still be all this sperging around her? Would the sperging be directed towards another actress who got the part? Or was her casting on this show the perfect shitstorm?
Considering that MLP is a "perfect shitstorm" in other aspects, it might not be as huge a fandom if it wasn't for Tara's casting (and her tendency to whore out on social media.) The operative word being "might not."

Then again, I've seen hugely popular shows and their respective fandoms take off without the benefit of a profilic voice actor/actress.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If Tara Strong didn't become the lead of MLP, would there still be all this sperging around her? Would the sperging be directed towards another actress who got the part? Or was her casting on this show the perfect shitstorm?
Tara Strong got that lead because she was already one of the most prominent voice actresses, though, not the other way around.

Orion Balls

Oooooooooooooooooooo.
kiwifarms.net
Considering that MLP is a "perfect shitstorm" in other aspects, it might not be as huge a fandom if it wasn't for Tara's casting (and her tendency to whore out on social media.) The operative word being "might not."

Then again, I've seen hugely popular shows and their respective fandoms take off without the benefit of a profilic voice actor/actress.
To be honest, I had no idea who she was when I started randomly watching MLP all those years ago. I just like the show because it's fun, the messages are generally lighthearted, and the charachters are interesting. So, I'm going to go with the second. Sorry.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net

I'm clueless to the appeal of MLP, but I would assume it's from the on-screen content rather than a VO they don't see and might not even know by name, even if they recognize her voice. Tara's frequent social media activity would seem to put this in the perfect shitstorm category between fandom and actress, though - another actress would have given the fanbase a lot less to sperg over.

Tara Strong got that lead because she was already one of the most prominent voice actresses, though, not the other way around.
She obviously had prominent gigs before MLP, but none of those fandoms spawned the same sperging with her. Prominent or not, VOs have virtually no appeal when it comes to marketing a series - that's why DC cast Kaley Cuoco over her.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
She obviously had prominent gigs before MLP, but none of those fandoms spawned the same sperging with her. Prominent or not, VOs have virtually no appeal when it comes to marketing a series - that's why DC cast Kaley Cuoco over her.
That's why I don't think her being in it had anything to do with the massively autistic fandom. The content of the series is what caused that.

Reactions: HIVidaBoheme

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
That's why I don't think her being in it had anything to do with the massively autistic fandom. The content of the series is what caused that.
That I agree with. What I'm talking about is the autism surrounding her.

While they obviously would have obsessed over any actress who voiced the lead, she seems to have compounded this by engaging with them and regularly posting on her social media accounts. I don't think a different actress would deal with the same level of obsession if she avoided social media.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

While they obviously would have obsessed over any actress who voiced the lead, she seems to have compounded this by engaging with them and regularly posting on her social media accounts. I don't think a different actress would deal with the same level of obsession if she avoided social media.
All of them have dealt with incredible degrees of autism, though, even a guy who does nothing but say "Yup."

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I hope Tara isn't forcing her kids to go vegan, that would suck.

She definitely encourages the 'tism. Tara loves the attention she gets from fans, which only emboldens the weird ones to act out more.

Cemila Mandes

kiwifarms.net
She definitely encourages the 'tism. Tara loves the attention she gets from fans, which only emboldens the weird ones to act out more.
To play devil's advocate, she should be engaging with the fans - treating them like shit can get you replaced, especially if you're a VO. But there's also a point where she needs to tone it back, especially with a fanbase like MLP. Encouraging them leads to scenarios like:

Not bad, after hearing the guy's voice I couldn't last five seconds. 10/10 would cringe again.
The moment he introduced himself as a neckbeard, Tara knew she fucked up.

Hey I remember that guy, didn't he try to beg for more violence in MLP

I found the full video with an intro by him and - big surprise - it was his first convention. If Tara stopped encouraging bronies just a little bit, they'd be too scared to talk with her.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
To play devil's advocate, she should be engaging with the fans - treating them like shit can get you replaced, especially if you're a VO. But there's also a point where she needs to tone it back, especially with a fanbase like MLP. Encouraging them leads to scenarios like:
Oh there's nothing wrong with engaging fans. Signing autographs, friendly conversations, that's all good stuff. I think Tara just takes it a step too far because she's into it. Note the Queen of the Bronies" title.

The moment he introduced himself as a neckbeard, Tara knew she fucked up.
Jesus christ, I didn't know he actually said that, I tapped out early too when I heard his voice. At least she's aware enough to know that's not the kind of fan you want to encourage

Tags
None