Community Tard Baby/Brain-Dead Kid General - Fundies and their genetic Fuckups; Parents of corpses in denial

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

YOUR MOM

Jello Pudding and Rape
kiwifarms.net
I had a thought. This comes from an Amerifag perspective, but I wonder how many of these women that had FUBAR potatoes didn't have the option to abort even if they wanted to? At least in the US late term abortions are only available in a few places and are super expensive (on top of the costs of travel, hotels food, etc). I'd imagine many women who are working class and lower wouldn't be able to afford them, thus have no choice but to carry a completely fucked potato to term.
I think that even if you're forced to carry a potato to term, you don't have to give consent to extraordinary life saving measures. Much like people are allowed to have "do not resuscitate" orders that are legally binding. You could carry the potato to term and let it die a natural death.

Virgo

As above, so below.
kiwifarms.net
A long post.

After reading this thread, I have to say that most physical deformities which can be corrected or worked around are okay in my book. Things like cleft lip and palate are easy fixes over time. People born with it are still normal, functioning human beings with intelligence, emotions, and potential.

Severe brain issues however... Your child can never be independent and they are at risk of neglect, abuse, and death once they are in the custody of carers. If you die, if you can't provide a level of care that they need, they are on their own once you've used them for your ego. If you know your child has a lethal condition or a severe brain defect before they are born and you champion them as a miracle... Everything after birth for them is a living hell. Potatoes in this thread a prime example.

I really don't agree with creating a big social media display for your child that can't consent to being the centre of a circus. It is my pet hate that they become unwilling participants from birth, and they have to grow up with that attention on social media that I don't believe is healthy for a kid with differences learning to accept themselves.

If people don't know they're going to have a baby with severe issues before birth, then much respect to them for accepting the cards they were dealt with grace. Things like harlequin disorder, autism, etc come to mind.

May Lola and Claire never have successors across the human race at any point. Amen. Lol.

large_farva

Who can say "meow" the most?
kiwifarms.net
Did this get brought up here? GoFundieMe

Tafida Raqeeb suffered a traumatic brain injury in February 2019 (other accounts say she woke with a severe headache and went into a coma because of ruptured blood vessels in her brain. By August the story had hit the headlines because doctors wanted to 'pull the plug' and the family did not agree.

The family fought the decisions to remove life support, had her moved to Italy, gained citizenship for her so she could be treated, the most recent article I read indicated she was only able to be off the ventilator for a few hours a day. I added links for one of the earliest articles I was able to find, and the most recent.

She's currently in a "minimally conscious state" but requires a ventilator most of the day.

Jan 2020
5-year-old girl recovering in Italy after UK hospital fought to end life support

video here
and here

Aug 2019
Mother in court battle to save critically ill daughter's life with treatment abroad says: we will not let her die

A Detachable Penis

kiwifarms.net
"recovering"

Fucking lifesite news
Well, if any of those articles were truthful (which I am always skeptical of), coming out of a coma is 'recovering'. The parents describe what would be a minimally conscious state, specifically eye-tracking, which is not present in coma (obviously) nor a vegetative state.

However, the parents could be mistaking random eye-movements as tracking, but there's been plenty of cases of parents noticing things that later cause doctors to investigate and declare the patient minimally conscious instead of vegetative. Parents tend to be there all the time, simple as that. Sometimes they are overly optimistic and mistaken, like in Terri Schiavo's case, and other times they are correct.

It would also be pretty exceptional to mistake random movements for tracking, however. They are claiming she tracks movement across a room, which would be fairly observable and consistent.

Theres also far better outcomes for minimally conscious than vegetative in that there is a fair chance they will come out of it too.

But all of that assumes the articles are being truthful.

If even slight amounts of that are true, that the kid emerged from the coma at all, bodes ill for the UK hospital imo. Most people would want to wait on a kiddo as their brains are resilient. The parents were adamant the damage wasn't catastrophic. Why not wait?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If even slight amounts of that are true, that the kid emerged from the coma at all, bodes ill for the UK hospital imo. Most people would want to wait on a kiddo as their brains are resilient. The parents were adamant the damage wasn't catastrophic. Why not wait?
Frankly if they were in the U.S. and the hospital was saying the same thing, I'd think the family was just making shit up because they knew what to say to make it look like they had a claim of a minimally conscious state. But I trust the UK about as much as China these days.

AlexJonesGotMePregnant

he put a baby in my butt
kiwifarms.net
Frankly if they were in the U.S. and the hospital was saying the same thing, I'd think the family was just making shit up because they knew what to say to make it look like they had a claim of a minimally conscious state. But I trust the UK about as much as China these days.
I'm sure there are plenty of refugees who would make great use of that kid's organs, the UK government is just trying to be more efficient

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
it's very hard on the staff, to torture someone medically this way. reviving a patient is brutal. bones break, lungs are shredded, the heart is bruised. it's a lot of pain, resuscitation is not a pleasant experience and if those injuries can't heal between episodes it's constant pain.
That's why so many people who work in medicine have DNRs and advance directives. Only about 20% of the people who code in emergency ever make it out of the hospital. And then they're usually discharged to rehab. You may be alive, but your life is very different now in ways that you never expected.

If you find me at the bottom of the stairs minimally responsive, carry me up and throw me back down again.

MiniMuffin

kiwifarms.net
Some Orthodox Jews also have religious objections to pulling the plug. In 2008 there was the case of Motl Brody, a twelve-year-old Haredi Jewish boy with a very aggressive form of brain cancer. After only a few months of treatment he was declared brain dead.

The hospital wanted to take him off the ventilator but the family objected. Per the article:

“He became ill just a few months ago, received treatment, but never awakened from surgery. Last week, doctors pronounced him dead, saying there is no activity in any portion of his brain. But Motl's heart is still beating, and his family, who are observant Orthodox Jews, say that according to their faith, that means he's still alive.”

Per their lawyer, as quoted in this article (which also has a photo of Motl pre-cancer), Motl’s family understood that he would not recover. They didn’t expect him to wake up or anything. But according to their religion, to quote The Princess Bride, he was only MOSTLY dead.

Neither the family nor the hospital was prepared to budge on this matter and they were about to take it to court, but like the day before the hearing, nature intervened and Motl’s heart finally stopped, eleven days after he was put on life support.

One of the things the articles about Motl talked about was the scarcity of intensive-care beds for children, and how he was taking a bed that could have been given to another child. People are often discharged from intensive care to rehab facilities, but one article on Motl’s case said a rehab facility wouldn’t accept a patient in his condition because those places are designed to help patients recover, and Motl had no chance of recovery. He’d be wasting a bed there as much As he was in intensive care.

Last edited:

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
kiwifarms.net
Some Orthodox Jews also have religious objections to pulling the plug. In 2008 there was the case of Motl Brody, a twelve-year-old Haredi Jewish boy with a very aggressive form of brain cancer. After only a few months of treatment he was declared brain dead.

The hospital wanted to take him off the ventilator but the family objected. Per the article:

“He became ill just a few months ago, received treatment, but never awakened from surgery. Last week, doctors pronounced him dead, saying there is no activity in any portion of his brain. But Motl's heart is still beating, and his family, who are observant Orthodox Jews, say that according to their faith, that means he's still alive.”

Per their lawyer, as quoted in this article (which also has a photo of Motl pre-cancer), Motl’s family understood that he would not recover. They didn’t expect him to wake up or anything. But according to their religion, to quote The Princess Bride, he was only MOSTLY dead.

Neither the family nor the hospital was prepared to budge on this matter and they were about to take it to court, but like the day before the hearing, nature intervened and Motl’s heart finally stopped, eleven days after he was put on life support.

One of the things the articles about Motl talked about was the scarcity of intensive-care beds for children, and how he was taking a bed that could have been given to another child. People are often discharged from intensive care to rehab facilities, but one article on Motl’s case said a rehab facility wouldn’t accept a patient in his condition because those places are designed to help patients recover, and Motl had no chance of recovery. He’d be wasting a bed there as much As he was in intensive care.
Does no one ever realize the heart is only beating because it's been forced to?

Weaverwild

kiwifarms.net
Orthodox Jews are the reason for the laws in New Jersey that allow for continued care for brain dead patients. It's a pretty big issue with these Orthodox families seeking religious advice and being told their family member is still alive according to God. I can't get too mad at the parents in cases like this where they know the kid isn't going to get better, but their religious leader is telling them pulling the plug is murder. At least they seemed to be waiting for the kid's heart to stop and not parading his corpse around like he would wake up any minute.

MiniMuffin

kiwifarms.net
I can't get too mad at the parents in cases like this where they know the kid isn't going to get better, but their religious leader is telling them pulling the plug is murder. At least they seemed to be waiting for the kid's heart to stop and not parading his corpse around like he would wake up any minute.
Yeah Motl’s parents didn’t appear to be insane, just obedient to the rules of their religion and community.

I wish they would kind of update things. Their definition of death apparently goes back to what some fifth century rabbis thought. “Breathing + heartbeat = alive” was a perfectly reasonable conclusion under the circumstances and reflected the extent of medical knowledge at the time and for many centuries afterwards. But now medicine and scientific knowledge has advanced. And religion, as usual, lags behind.

Sevenatenine

kiwifarms.net
That's why so many people who work in medicine have DNRs and advance directives. Only about 20% of the people who code in emergency ever make it out of the hospital. And then they're usually discharged to rehab. You may be alive, but your life is very different now in ways that you never expected.

If you find me at the bottom of the stairs minimally responsive, carry me up and throw me back down again.
There's a doctor in my region who is well known for his routine disregard for DNRs. Multiple professionals (MD and PhD Psych) have attested to this.

I think it is one of the most horrific abuses of power I have ever heard about, and I can't believe that there isn't a good way to stop him.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's a doctor in my region who is well known for his routine disregard for DNRs. Multiple professionals (MD and PhD Psych) have attested to this.

I think it is one of the most horrific abuses of power I have ever heard about, and I can't believe that there isn't a good way to stop him.
a lawsuit or ten. every time, his insurance will go up.