Community Tard Baby General (includes brain dead kids) - Fundies and their genetic Fuckups; Parents of corpses in denial

GenociderSyo

Syo
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure about the whole genius bit, but he does seem like he might not be 100% potato. Mom could be doing a lot more for him language-wise. He just sort of grunts and giggles, which is cute if you're a baby, but he's nearing three. There are babies who can communicate better with rudimentary sign language (things like more, eat, drink, done, play, etc.). His facial features are pretty reminiscent of Downs Syndrome, so I bet his capacity for learning is in the same ballpark.
Yea, it was weird that shes not trying to foster his language. He's definitely more advanced then the adults/kids i've worked with who used modified sign. They paywall so much of that channel now behind patreon that its hard to learn any info anymore. The family privatized the link he gave to go to as well.

Friendly_AI

kiwifarms.net
Yea, it was weird that shes not trying to foster his language. He's definitely more advanced then the adults/kids i've worked with who used modified sign. They paywall so much of that channel now behind patreon that its hard to learn any info anymore. The family privatized the link he gave to go to as well.
Unfortunately, people have weird notions about sign language. I've seen families not wanting to teach their non-verbal kid sign language because they think they will be understanding each other just fine - and when the kid was upset due to inability to communicate, they were just brushing it off as 'tantrums'. Some are also afraid that it will hinder kid's ability to learn spoken language, which is not true.

600lbsAnorexic

Body checking your fupa obsessively
kiwifarms.net
The comments (which are actually on) are gushing that the childs a genius... because he "hummed" twinkle twinkle little star.....
Here's some more information on this kid

This is from 2017 and the video with SBSK is from 2019... From what I see they only use IG @life_with_a_superhero to update on him, etc. but it's private even though they link it everywhere.

October 18 2017 03:40 PM
RARE DISEASE & SYNDROME
Nicole Boucher

I MAY BE SMALL, BUT I AM MIGHTY. I'M OUT TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT DIFFERENT IS BEAUTIFUL.
My name is Jacob and I am a determined, feisty, happy 1 year old who loves to laugh. My mom says I'm a superhero. Before I was born, doctors found a cyst in the back of my brain. This cyst caused my brain to form differently. When I was born I had difficulty breathing and had to be rushed to SickKids hospital in Toronto. I spent a couple of weeks in the NICU, then a couple of weeks in the general pediatric floor while the doctors and nurses worked on feeding so I could go home.

HOME...BUT NOT FOR LONG...
One night while at home I stopped breathing and had to be taken by ambulance to Sickkids. This started a very long health journey- which resulted in me spending many, many months in the hospital, in and out of PICU. During this time genetic testing found a mutation in a single part of a single gene that there is currently no literature nor documented cases. This was denovo- which means neither of my parents are a carrier. The doctors are not sure if this mutation is responsible for the severe, life threatening apneic spells that I have. These severe apneas caused me to be intubated many times and confined to a crib in the PICU. My mom and dad had some scary moments but I used my superhero powers during these frightening episodes and made it through!

WHAT THEY FOUND...
The doctors also found that I had something called tracheomalacia (my trachea is very weak and collapses on itself when I get upset). I had to have 3 surgeries to help open my trachea. The malacia has caused me to have severe reflux which also makes it difficult for me to eat large amounts of food. My parents had to have many conversations with doctors who wanted to give me a trach and vent but they knew that I was a superhero and that I could get over this. And....So far, so good! In addition to dealing with the malacia, I had numerous EEGs which showed subclinical seizures. These are seizures that happen in my brain but cannot be seen by looking at me. We still aren't sure what impact these have on my development, but the doctors were and still are always amazed at how despite all of these difficulties I continue to develop.

WHERE I USE MY SUPERPOWERS...
Another difficulty for me is that I have very low muscle tone and am delayed developmentally. I choose to never let any of this define me or what I am able to do. I continue to surprise everyone- developing mentally, socially, physically beyond what the doctors thought I would be able to do. I can now sit on my own, love to be in crawl position and jumping in my jolly jumper. I am now eating fully orally (although i still have the gtube for those days I struggle to eat). I don't have any words yet, but I have found new ways to communicate- I take my bib off when I am full, I scream when I want my moms attention, I close my eyes when I am done with an activity or need a little mental break and I give the best hugs and kisses. I can also make hard consonant sounds and vowel sounds so I should have some real words soon! Doctors suspect that I have something called Cortical Visual Impairment. I work very hard every day combining occupational therapy goals with my vision goals and am happy to report that there has been some improvement in my vision!

I AM NOT A DIAGNOSIS!
I am not a diagnosis. I am a boy with an amazing head of hair and great taste in music (Beatles, Jack Johnson, Ray LaMontagne, Bon Iver, Pearl Jam to name a few). I love watching Ellen (the only show I watch) with my mom while we work on goals. I am a superhero in a little boy's body showing the world that different is beautiful. No one is sure what my future will look like but my family, friends and I celebrate and cherish every moment we have together. You can follow along on my journey through Instagram: @life_with_a_superhero

Here are some recent updates from his physical therapist, mostly between May and June, with the videos being from June 5th:

Screenshot_20200625_034654.jpgScreenshot_20200625_034731.jpgScreenshot_20200625_034617.jpgScreenshot_20200625_034755.jpgScreenshot_20200625_040107.jpg

Last edited:

A Detachable Penis

kiwifarms.net
Ahem, a 'single part in a single gene' means fucking shit all.

You can have single base pair changes, which typically do nothing so when doing a genetic workup they arent typically the culprit. What a 'single part' likely means is that there is a deletion of some of the gene's sequence. Depending on the gene and the deletion, you can predict whether the change is going to have any effect (i.e. deleting non-coding regions can have no effect). You can also figure out what the effect is, what it'll do to the resulting protein, and estimate the functionality if any of that protein.

But noooooo, let's flower it up instead of being helpful.

booklover

kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, people have weird notions about sign language. I've seen families not wanting to teach their non-verbal kid sign language because they think they will be understanding each other just fine - and when the kid was upset due to inability to communicate, they were just brushing it off as 'tantrums'. Some are also afraid that it will hinder kid's ability to learn spoken language, which is not true.
It doesn't impair the ability to learn spoken language for hearing children of deaf parents or siblings who also grow up "speaking" it. Conversely, because it's a foreign language, it will help the child learn other languages as well.

tastelikeluckystrikes

kiwifarms.net
It doesn't impair the ability to learn spoken language for hearing children of deaf parents or siblings who also grow up "speaking" it. Conversely, because it's a foreign language, it will help the child learn other languages as well.
Yeah, this. There's some pretty compelling evidence that teaching baby sign (along with speaking, reading to, etc) kids improves language acquisition skills for all kids.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this. There's some pretty compelling evidence that teaching baby sign (along with speaking, reading to, etc) kids improves language acquisition skills for all kids.
My aunt is a speech therapist and all her kids/grandkids were taught signs along with verbal language and encouraged everyone in the family to do the same. If you want your infant to communicate with you as early as possible then teach them signs.

Rescuetoast

thrillho
kiwifarms.net
My aunt is a speech therapist and all her kids/grandkids were taught signs along with verbal language and encouraged everyone in the family to do the same. If you want your infant to communicate with you as early as possible then teach them signs.
Yup, it’s the first thing they bring up at any sign of a speech delay. It also helps with giving the kid a way to communicate so they aren’t losing their shit constantly because they’re frustrated when no one understands them.

A Beached Whale

A Whale of a Tale
kiwifarms.net
This documentary followed someone with EB because they thought he was going to die. He didn't but another child did. This before stem cell research had started helping those with EB. One scene he is holding a box in his hands and it slips back on his arm and thats enough to damage his skin.
I didn't expect to watch all of that and to tear up. After seeing so many horror stories of people adopting kids, especially disabled kids, for woke brownie points, it's good to see someone genuinely want to care for these kids.

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
I checked Kayli's FB page, still nothing new. I guess the birthday parade for her brother got called off (hopefully because he told his insane mom where to shove it) or it just wasn't special enough to post. I guess Corona-chan has taken away pretty much all opportunities for Kelly to dress her spud up for attention, which is probably for the best.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
or it just wasn't special enough to post.
I feel like this is the most likely one. He hasn't been special since Kayli was popped out, thank god. Kelly just couldn't think of another excuse for Kayli to bring in those specific asspats and gifts. Not that she can use (or want) gifts appropriate for a teenage boy, but if people donated money and said buy a gift, she'll keep most or all of it.

Reactions: Ihatechildren