Tarot readers and fortune tellers

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Michael Wade

Jesus Christ is king, the way, and the life.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, and damnation awaits us all, for there is no man righteous. Not a one.
Everybody sins. but if you believe Jesus and sincerely repent your sins, doing your best to be a good person. You'll be alright. At the very least Hope is guaranteed. You'd be right if Jesus was never sent down to make the way easier.

The act of faith is both the easiest and hardest thing for anyone to do. The act takes mere moments, but getting to that point is like climbing a mountain of your doubts
I love the Tarot myself as I like the asthetic and find them entertaining. I also use them as guidelines which is how they’re supposed to be utilized. I don’t care what God thinks of it. I have a Mystic Mondays deck, but that’s it. I have a Tarot App full of Love Nikki decks. LOL.
Personally I use my bible every night as a guideline. Just flip open a random page and read a passage from the old and the new. It fits my present concerns and situations more often then not. Even when it doesn't, it gives me something to think about.

Last edited:

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got the Arcane Bullshit deck on Kickstarter and have regretted nothing.

tumblr_n5wbloMzC51rrpleeo2_640[1].png

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
We have @Cyclonus over at A&N to thank for this one. (Original post, full text posted below)

Dear Men, Shut up and Let Me Enjoy Astrology​

By Jessica Mason

Here at The Mary Sue, I write about a lot of things, some silly, some serious. But there’s one topic where I seem to get the most pushback from readers, often male presenting, who believe my very mentioning of said topic is akin to be denying global warming and saying I support Donald Trump: Astrology.​
Now, I’ve written about witchcraft, paganism, and even the tarot, but no topic gets quite the same argumentation and derision than when I discuss astrology. There’s just something about astrology that some men seem to really hate. It gets under their skin and sets their mansplaining phasers to maximum. And of course, not all men, but a lot of them, and yes there are women that get on their high horse about it too. But it makes me wonder what is it about astrology that makes some men so mad and feel the need to tell me I’m peddling dangerous pseudoscience?​
men hating women for liking astrology .. u literally play a game of spreadsheets where u pretend to be the manager of a football team​
— beth (@urpalbeth) July 16, 2020​
I think there’s one word there that answers the question, and that word is “pseudoscience.” These men seem to get defensive specifically when women “do science wrong.” Despite the roots of astrology and its a connection to the very real celestial universe, people (read: pedantic mansplainers) seem to assume that anyone who enjoys astrology doesn’t understand any science at all. They jump to the conclusion that a woman isn’t wise enough to know the difference between Libra and the lunar program, assuming astrology fans believe the movements of the stars and planets rule every aspect of our lives, even when that’s not exactly the case. They also think that this perceived failure to see the “truth” about astrology and realize it’s not science means people who like it are supporting all fake science. I’ve honestly had people telling me that talking about mercury retrograde is akin to me denying global warming or supporting anti-vaxxers and … no.​
For me, and I would hazard for the majority of astrology fans, we don’t use astrology to “know the future” or “plan our lives,” but we use it to understand ourselves and others better and to help us grow and learn to be better people. There are countless “personality type” tests and categorizations, and they are all, in some way, arbitrary, but that doesn’t mean understanding them isn’t useful. From Meyers-Briggs to Love Languages, knowing our personal tendencies, and more importantly having language with which to examine and discuss them, is useful—and a big part of personal growth.​
Astrology is about looking to the stars to look at yourself. Millions of people, myself included, find personal insight and comfort by doing that. For instance, when I started really getting into astrology and learned that there was way more to it than just your sun sign, I found out that my moon sign was Libra. The moon rules emotions and Libra is all about balance and friendliness and for me that made something click into place. I’m a people pleaser who hates conflict and emotional turmoil (my Mars, the planet of aggression and conflict is also in Libra so it’s double for me) and seeing that in my chart made perfect sense to me and gave me tools and language to work with that aspect of my personality.​
And this applies to interpersonal relationships too. Again, just have the language to process the idea that you and another person communicate in different ways or prioritize different things is useful if you have to live with or work with said person. I am the parent of the most Gemini child on Earth (if you want to understand Gemini, know that Donald Trump is also one and them send me your sympathy), and just keeping in mind that she’s going to be going in all directions at once, moving like the wind means that I, a very solid, calm Capricorn, know I need to be a bit more flexible in that relationship.​
Now, I know that there are people reading this rolling their eyes, and that’s fine. You don’t have to believe in this and you are free to go through your life never knowing or caring about your rising sign or Venus return or whatever. That’s okay. But what’s not okay is attacking people who do, because we’re just trying to know ourselves better, and use tools that help us live better with others.​
Believing in astrology doesn’t mean I don’t believe in science. It doesn’t mean I’m selling anything dangerous. It’s something that’s empowering to me. Astrology is about putting some order into a chaotic universe, to look at the world, people, and even history in a certain way that makes some sense. People are allowed to do that. Whether it be through their faith or their science, we’re all entitled to our different ways of analyzing the world, and as long as it’s not actively hurting anyone (which I will reiterate again, it’s not) that’s fine.​
But what I think really bugs men in particular here is that astrology, and really most “woo woo” things, are predominantly used and enjoyed by women. Magic and mysticism and the metaphysical are seen as feminine (for reasons both valid and invalid) and thus, they’re unworthy of respect. If women are into it, be it pumpkin spice or astrology or Uggs or anime or anything, it’s silly at best and dangerous to all of society at worst.​
The scorn for astrology can’t be disentangled from the scorn for women and the feminine in general, and that’s a problem. The attitude that this is dangerous fake science is deeply tied in with a paternalistic view that women don’t understand science (this is BS) and that our feeble lady brains can’t be trusted to tell a natal chart from the periodic table (double BS).​
And so to all the men in the past, and the inevitable ones who will show up in these comments, I say: let people enjoy things. And most importantly, stop assuming that any woman who likes astrology, or has faith in anything in general, is misinformed and doesn’t believe in science. Astrology is something that’s complementary to living in this world and doesn’t contradict any science or other world views. And if you think you’re above it and don’t believe that’s fine, just don’t attack others.​
Also, happy birthday, if you hate being told what you’re like and think your opinion is that important, you’re probably a Leo.​

HIVidaBoheme

Trashcan dealer
kiwifarms.net
There's so many people i've seen who're sooo into astrology, they define themselves based on their star sign and blame all the shitty aspects of their personality on it.

Cringe
Funny enough most people who do take Astrology seriouslt enough to dictate their personality and relationships share traits related to Schizotypal personality syndrome and the even less desirable personality syndromes found in the cluster B classification.

It's fine to indulge into astrology and the divination practices from time to time knowing it's only a fun parlor trick or a form of entertainment.

To religious spergs, good on you on having a strong belief and all, but maybe a forum where we gather to laugh at nutjobs and crazy people isn't the best place to preach your beliefs in.

MilesAwayGirl

kiwifarms.net
Huh, never expected to see a thread about Tarot here, of all places. My dad plays Tarot "professionally" (as in, he makes money out of it), but he doesn't really believe in the mystical side of it, he treats it like therapy for people. I think it's fun, but people that are way too obsessed with it are pretty weird.
This is really cool- Tarot as in the insanely complicated trick-taking game that is sort of like whist on steroids? Or playing tarot as in he cold/warm/hot reads people with cards, but without believing the spirituality? Because either way, respect the game!

Checking my terms: Am I right that a cold read is when you know nothing about the person before they sit down to the table, a hot read is where you specifically look up things about them beforehand, and a warm read is where you use context clues? (eg, someone that you're reading at a wedding dress show will probably want to get married, someone you're reading at an agricultural fair at 7am is probably a sheep farmer etc...)

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Funny enough most people who do take Astrology seriouslt enough to dictate their personality and relationships share traits related to Schizotypal personality syndrome and the even less desirable personality syndromes found in the cluster B classification.
I don't think you've ever lived until you've sat around some of your friends doing Taylor Swift's natal chart wondering how her new relationship with Gyllenhaal is going to go.

Here's your cold reading: she's going to break up with Jake and write a song about it. It's fucking Taylor Swift.

Ophelia Jones

kiwifarms.net

This ladies video subjects are bonkers. She has like 20 on Gabbie Petito and does tarot reading on Dr Phil episodes. smh.

Pliskin101

kiwifarms.net
This is really cool- Tarot as in the insanely complicated trick-taking game that is sort of like whist on steroids? Or playing tarot as in he cold/warm/hot reads people with cards, but without believing the spirituality? Because either way, respect the game!
Yeah, he does warm readings, he often asks what people are looking for in the cards goes on from there, using the symbolism and meaning of the cards the people pull out as a way of speaking to people about the issues they brought up.

Registration

kiwifarms.net
I don't think there is anything that makes me more dick limped than women that believes in astrology. Reading that text by Jessica made me sick. It is literally revolting that someone like her uses resources of the Earth to keep living and breeding, spreading her retardness.

jesus fuck, I fucking hate astrology

tarot decks are cool tho

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
There's so many people i've seen who're sooo into astrology, they define themselves based on their star sign and blame all the shitty aspects of their personality on it.
Tess Holliday being a perfect example.
Checking my terms: Am I right that a cold read is when you know nothing about the person before they sit down to the table, a hot read is where you specifically look up things about them beforehand, and a warm read is where you use context clues? (eg, someone that you're reading at a wedding dress show will probably want to get married, someone you're reading at an agricultural fair at 7am is probably a sheep farmer etc...)
Cold read is when you don't know the person going in. You see it from the palm readers and tarot readers at carnivals, renfest, etc. Warm is when you know a little about the person from things around and on them (e.g. Sherlock Holmes-y shit). Hot is when you look them up beforehand. That's why some psychics will ask your name and stuff in advance. Some will even ask for birthday so they can "have your astrological chart ready when you come in" and then use that information to find info about you online.
tarot decks are cool tho
I like them for psuedo-meditation. It's a trick a friend taught me. You pull a card, look it up, and mentally "check in" on that thing. So like...
Eight of wands -> Shit's speeding up -> Yeah that tracks, I've got stuff going on at work. Let's mentally sort through what's happening at work.

Cyanide

moo!
kiwifarms.net
I have tarot cards, personal use only, love the art on some of these decks and always wanted them as a kid... still some people really abuse readings to say whatever they want.

So I got a "pick a card" reader (named Jenna) that went "don't blame me, I'm just the messenger".

So "Pick a card"s are a general reading, you pick one of how many piles you have, and you take the message as a general message, or whatever that fits your life.

She says in the video for the intro and Pile 2 People :
-Hey always question what people say when it comes to readings! Always trust yourself first!
-I feel you're mad at your twinflame.
-I'm(her) mad at my twinflame.
-I feel you don't care what I have to say, and I feel you being mad at me, cause I feel energy.
-I feel mad at you for your twinflame cause you're the problem cause you're mad at them.
-You being mad means you don't want your twinflame, therefore you are the problem.
-I'm mad cause you're mad at me but I dgaf but I love you I'ma ghost you like your twinflame.
-Give up if you want to give up on twinflames.
-My spirit guides and your spirit guides is mad that you're mad and mad at me.
-Don't blame me I'm just the messenger, but I'm not reading comments that picked Pile 2.
-Love you! See you next time!

Plainly, everyone in Pile 2 is mad at her. Everyone. Sounds legit.
Twinflames is a term for a soulmate that is your "other half of your soul" of sorts, like similar traits and history and suppose to "unite" for the greater good of the collective energy.
She also likes to say things like "I am God, and you are God." as well as talk about her twinflame which she hates and has ghosted her many times... for the greater good ofc!

Anyways enjoy!
(sorry I keep editing cause I forget things, fuck me.)

Last edited:

Ophelia Jones

kiwifarms.net
I have tarot cards, personal use only, love the art on some of these decks and always wanted them as a kid... still some people really abuse readings to say whatever they want.

So I got a "pick a card" reader (named Jenna) that went "don't blame me, I'm just the messenger".

So "Pick a card"s are a general reading, you pick one of how many piles you have, and you take the message as a general message, or whatever that fits your life.

She says in the video for the intro and Pile 2 People :
-Hey always question what people say when it comes to readings! Always trust yourself first!
-I feel you're mad at your twinflame.
-I'm(her) mad at my twinflame.
-I feel you don't care what I have to say, and I feel you being mad at me, cause I feel energy.
-I feel mad at you for your twinflame cause you're the problem cause you're mad at them.
-You being mad means you don't want your twinflame, therefore you are the problem.
-I'm mad cause you're mad at me but I dgaf but I love you I'ma ghost you like your twinflame.
-Give up if you want to give up on twinflames.
-My spirit guides and your spirit guides is mad that you're mad and mad at me.
-Don't blame me I'm just the messenger, but I'm not reading comments that picked Pile 2.
-Love you! See you next time!

Plainly, everyone in Pile 2 is mad at her. Everyone. Sounds legit.
Twinflames is a term for a soulmate that is your "other half of your soul" of sorts, like similar traits and history and suppose to "unite" for the greater good of the collective energy.
She also likes to say things like "I am God, and you are God." as well as talk about her twinflame which she hates and has ghosted her many times... for the greater good ofc!

Anyways enjoy!
(sorry I keep editing cause I forget things, fuck me.)

Her advise for pile 2 is basically, "hey don't be a lazy fuck, just get back with your ex"

Also, I've gotten professional readings done in-person with tarot readers with good business and personal reputations and I've never paid rates this high. Are these prices normal in the US? or does she think shes THAT good?
🧿 30 Minute General Reading (2-4 questions) $60 USD
🧿 60 Minute Twin Flame Reading (blocks, past life, current energies) $90 USD
🧿 60 Minute General Reading (4-8 questions) $90 USD
🧿 60 Minute Zoom/Skype Session Spiritual Mentoring - One-on-One $120 USD

Cyanide

moo!
kiwifarms.net
Her advise for pile 2 is basically, "hey don't be a lazy fuck, just get back with your ex"

Also, I've gotten professional readings done in-person with tarot readers with good business and personal reputations and I've never paid rates this high. Are these prices normal in the US? or does she think shes THAT good?

I actual got a few readings before from different people, it can vary with that answers you want, like one guy gave me an answer that only matched 2 years later so timing can be off a lot but it's a good reading. It's mostly timing that's off in most of my readings I get from people. Her prices are higher than most, those who charge that high are ones that have good ratings and been around for a while, she hasn't been around that long.

Jenna charges $20 for random live readings on yt.(one question readings) She might not answer your question even if you paid for it and will go off on somet other topic she claims her spirit guides tells her. I feel she's not worth those prices because she takes everything personal and has the need to defend herself a lot. If you do get a reading from her, stay clear from twinflame questions, she gets preachy about it and will talk down to anyone that doesn't "go with the light path". I think over all if she learned to not take things personally and lowers her price, she might be a good one, but right now she just sees people disagreeing with her as attacking her.

Jaded Optimist

Me Love You Long Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know anything or links to purely teeth or teeth and bone tosses?

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
I know how to read tarot. I won't say I'm particularly good at it but it's all mental bullshit anyway so who cares. You by definition can't be "wrong" about something totally fucking made up. Sure, you can read a lot of meaning into all those symbols if you really want to. But that's all it is, symbols. What you make of them, how you piece them together in your head, that's all you. But let's not forget the most important thing: it's fun at parties. And if you're good at it people actually get pretty emotional even if rationally they think it's bullshit. And ya know, that's a nice feeling, knowing you said something or showed somebody something that they appreciate in such an intense way.

Oh and if you put it on your tinder profile you'll get laid. Women love that shit. Not that that's the reason I got into it, no way, no sir, wasn't just trying to score goth pussy, uh uh. Whatchu talkin about? Me? Never.

Czechem Republic

kiwifarms.net
You by definition can't be "wrong" about something totally fucking made up.
Octopus being a tired contrarian, a faggot, and completely incorrect? Name a more iconic trio.

Tarot cards have conventionally accepted meanings. If you tell someone inquiring into their future they're going to have a great, carefree time after pulling The Tower, you're doing the divination equivalent of this:

Use-the-Force-Harry-Gandalf.jpg

...i.e. being wrong.

ObservingTheMadness

kiwifarms.net
As I see it, fortune tellers and tarot card readers are just people making a fortune telling you what you want to hear as a result of some fancy solitaire game.