TCPA Hearing 9/6/19 - Marchi ran from the Law, TI crumbles, conspiracy still on the table, and collective autism from all sides.

Nuke twitter?

• Yes

Votes: 109 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Look at those faggot ass clothes! Faggot! Faggot, fag! Fuckin fag, my son's a fag!

Votes: 320 56.7%
  • Apply the sacred ointment!

Votes: 132 23.4%

• Total voters

No Man's Burrito

kiwifarms.net
Why would I delete a post lol.

I'm not going to post it again. You don't understand what clear and specific evidence means. Thats it. Lmao.
It seems like he's just being willfully ignorant at this point. I typed a large ass post for him with sources, and he ignored it. Spouted the same shit three days later.

This coming from a board that's convinced that Chupp is the reason Ty lost the hearing instead of Ty is...amusing.
Nobody lost the hearing. Nor has the majority of people put blame squarely on Chupp.

Ty fucked up on a lot of things fairly last moment. The filings and the amendments. During the hearing, Chupp was being unfair/unreasonable to all sides of the case (like, for example, ruling that someone is a LPPF because of the number of people in the court room.)

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Had my suspicions about those 2. Were you the one who had some method that outed the orca when she tried?
I noticed that the orca was actually a lawtwitter dweeb, but it wasn't me who figured out it was the orca. I'm not sure who noticed it, because I can't find the post that stated it.

Closeted_monkey

We're just going sane in an insane world
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, this reason has me believing that not only will Chupp not be dismissing the defamation claims but we'll probably get some expediated court date as well as Ty being granted the ability to get whatever evidence he needs from cons or persons to build the case.
But then something else will probably fuck it up.
We can only hope

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I feel like a lot of con owners play it smart in that case. If you negotiate the contract like that before and nobody makes a public statement implying that there was a third party involved that went "Yo don't invite them or i wont go" you literally have no way to prove TI with prospective business there. Like let's say negotiation with vic is like "Hey i'd like to have my sunday church thing where i can tell people that god is great if they wanna listen and i also want a comfy chair" now Con person gets a text from me saying "YOU BETTER NOT INVITE VIC OR I DON'T COME" but nobody ever says a word. Con person can now just tell Vic "Your demands are ridiculous and we are done with you. Good day." TI was absolutely there but how do you actually prove that without me or the con person posting a public statement implying such to give you the hint that we talked to boot.
Proving TI with any other cons was always going to be rough.
Let's tally it up.

On the one hand, you have clear TI from Ron Toye with Chris Slatosh. Damages are certainly more than $1, and could be shown in part, but the total amount is undetermined and likely incalculable... the cost of hiring Ty Beard, or paying for the extra security, could easily be shown, but how much did not attending panels cost him? or being placed on a separate floor of the convention center? Putting him in an out-of-the-way location and not allowing him to engage with the audience may have damaged him, but it's impossible to say how much - not until a jury assigns a price to it, at least. However, it is clear that some damages occurred. This is beyond prima facie evidence; it's a slam dunk.

And on the other hand, Ron told Chris that Monica's agent was contacting other conventions and threatening to break her contracts with them if Vic was attending. This is an out-of-court statement that is being used to prove the truth of the statement being made, however, it falls under the "party admission" exception to hearsay, so it should be admissible; this is sufficient, I think, to qualify as prima facie evidence of TI with other contracts and TI with business prospects. From Ron's own statement, a rational inference can be drawn that his co-conspirators (Monica, through her agent) were, like himself, engaged in TI involving Vic's contracts, both existing and prospective.

Oh, and since this has been brought up a few times (not by you, but by people): no, threatening to break an existing contract, if the other party doesn't agree to add a provision that wasn't originally part of it ("Vic can't attend"), absolutely does not fall under privilege. If you could do that, contracts would be meaningless. Having a contract does not give you privilege to demand it be altered any time you wish.

Jamestyalor4312

kiwifarms.net
KV is saying the whole mediation means Vic lost. Even the lawyers are saying this. They are fucking autistic. The Judge purely would just love if everyone came to an agreement and he didn't have to do anything else involving this case that's why they are going to mediation.

Mediation doesn't = Losing. If that were the case thousands of small claims, sueings etc a year would be a loss. They do it to see if you can come to an agreement without their involvement. If the judge already looked over every fact of defamation and knew vic was going to lose he would of just waited till the court date to give him the finger.

Just my opinion.

BimWitted

kiwifarms.net
KV is saying the whole mediation means Vic lost. Even the lawyers are saying this. They are fucking autistic. The Judge purely would just love if everyone came to an agreement and he didn't have to do anything else involving this case that's why they are going to mediation.

Mediation doesn't = Losing. If that were the case thousands of small claims, sueings etc a year would be a loss. They do it to see if you can come to an agreement without their involvement. If the judge already looked over every fact of defamation and knew vic was going to lose he would of just waited till the court date to give him the finger.

Just my opinion.
It's okay, the defendants will go in with the attitude that they've already won, and the mediation will suffer because of it. They don't see consequences very well.

OneHandClapping

Equal Right Hooks
kiwifarms.net

Just my opinion.
The mediation order is just a smokescreen for Chupp as he desperately tries to find an exit to nope the fuck out of this tornado of idiocy.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net

Just my opinion.
The lawyers are smoking crack if they think this mediation means Vic lost all counts, unless Chupp has a secret love in his heart for Vic, if Vic lost on all counts he should have just ruled.

The mediation makes no fucking sense, but the idea this mediation is happening because 'Chupp is trying to give Vic an -offramp-' is stupid, the defendants if they believe they're going to win, and if Chupp is going to dismiss all counts, they're fully within their right to ask for everything they would have gotten in the TCPA anyways, and they don't care if they don't get it now, because they believe they're going to win any & all appeals and then they get fees for that too.

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net
I think he seems pretty resigned to the actual situation at this point. "I mean, this could go on years."
Thanks to Chupp. We go to appeals after TCPA and then we probably get another TCPA and a case and then appealing the case.

If Chupp wants to unstick the defendants, he needs to communicate all the claims could turn back on. Don't know how he does that without making things worse.

Tipsy Tea Cup

❤ I have autism. ❤
kiwifarms.net
The more I review the transcripts, the more I get oddly suspicious of Chupp's possible connection with Sharon Grigsby/DMN and KV.

Even after having Chupp throw out about 70% of the case during the hearing, Vic's position has never changed, it's remained the same since the beginning. KV's tactics up until now was always stalling and defaming Vic until somebody with a some sort of credible allegation came out. Time and time again we see KV in a position hoping Vic would drop the case due to the embarrassment and pressure. We saw this gameplan unfold when Marchi and Rial's messages were leaked.

With the recent events, I can't help but speculate that Chupp has been in contact with Sharon Grigsby, who has been in contact with KV. There is no reason a normie would talk about "healing the anime community", that sounds like a line from Grigsby's and KV's agenda. With 70% of the cases dismissed, Chupp somehow finally reaches out to the parties and suggests mediation. But why now? Why would he do that when the odds were finally against Vic in the public eye?

This whole clown fiesta involves people who want to find the truth and people who want to hide the truth. Chupp clearly doesn't show any signs of wanting to find the truth. It really just seems like he owed Grigsby/DMN a favor so he's just buying them time and a position to make Vic fold the case by putting him in this same position again. The conversation with Sam Johnson further shows that he is aware of the situation and turning a blind eye to it for some reason. All Chupp has done was enable the defendants to continue defaming Vic, these patterns repeat over and over.

Last edited:

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
The more I review the transcripts, the more I get oddly suspicious of Chupp's possible connection with Sharon Grigsby/DMN and KV.

Even after having Chupp throw out about 70% of the case during the hearing, Vic's position has never changed, it's remained the same since the beginning. KV's tactics up until now was always stalling and defaming Vic until somebody with a some sort of credible allegation came out. Time and time again we see KV in a position hoping Vic would drop the case due to the embarrassment and pressure. We saw this gameplan unfold when Marchi and Rial's messages were leaked.

With the recent events, I can't help but speculate that Chupp has been in contact with Sharon Grigsby, who has been in contact with KV. There is no reason a normie would talk about "healing the anime community", that sounds like a line from Grigsby's and KV's agenda. With 70% of the cases dismissed, Chupp somehow finally reaches out to the parties and suggests mediation. But why now? Why would he do that when the odds were finally against Vic in the public eye?

This whole clown fiesta involves people who want to find the truth and people who want to hide the truth. Chupp clearly doesn't show any signs of wanting to find the truth. It really just seems like he owed Grigsby/DMN a favor so he's just buying them time and a position to make Vic fold the case by putting him in this same position again. The conversation with Sam Johnson further shows that he is aware of the situation and turning a blind eye to it for some reason. All Chupp has done was enable the defendants to continue defaming Vic, these patterns repeat over and over.
It's been all over Lemoine's defense. He got the talking point from Lemoine, and his responses. The DMN article is total bullshit, and is full of misinformation. Not to mention, the article hints that the Judge is biased, which doesn't look good on Chupp, so hardly would be anything he'd agree to.

The "healing the anime community" is a double-slap here. On one hand, yeah it makes Chupp sound like he drank the kool-aid, but on the other hand it's forcing Monica's hand. This is what she's been preaching the entire time, and CLEARLY Chupp thinks that the only way to "heal" things is to get Monica et al to compromise.

Hardly a show of support from Chupp, here.

This seems more about Chupp attempting to avoid yet another series of unfortunate appeals, than any tin-foil conspiracy that a Republican Judge has with a lunatic Dem tabloid rag.

BimWitted

kiwifarms.net
This seems more about Chupp attempting to avoid yet another series of unfortunate appeals, than any tin-foil conspiracy that a Republican Judge has with a lunatic Dem tabloid rag.
Don't forget, Greg is a republican.
It's just a label, ultimately. People can be true to the label or not. Would he have been able to become a judge in his area if he called himself a democrat?
(Not agreeing with the conspiracy, though, just to be clear. I'd sooner attribute incompetence and laziness than malice.)

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net

Depending on the republican type, evangelical, neocon, and other. If you're not in 'other', you'll respond like a fucking white knight faster than the Left will. If a reasonable defense of the alligation comes out, they'll back off is maybe the only difference.

Pretty sure at worse Chupp was biased by the DMN article combined with the bad week he was having = shit on Ty & Vic.

Tags
None