TCPA Hearing 9/6/19 - Marchi ran from the Law, TI crumbles, conspiracy still on the table, and collective autism from all sides.

Nuke twitter?

• Yes

Votes: 109 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Look at those faggot ass clothes! Faggot! Faggot, fag! Fuckin fag, my son's a fag!

Votes: 320 56.7%
  • Apply the sacred ointment!

Votes: 132 23.4%

• Total voters

Fluke

kiwifarms.net

Two first minutes are Ty and Lemon sitting at a bar.

Honestly i don´t care about the weeb shit but i think its hilarious when Nick and Ty has been hyping up what seemed to be a slamdunk and then to stumble on your shoelaces at the startline. The "400 page document" just seemed like a total waste of money. I don´t know jackshit about law but if you present 400 tweets to a judge isn´t he gonna be bored out of his mind? Isn´t just better to bring like 20-30 that are really strong? Or is it covering all the bad guys?

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net

Honestly i don´t care about the weeb shit but i think its hilarious when Nick and Ty has been hyping up what seemed to be a slamdunk and then to stumble on your shoelaces at the startline. The "400 page document" just seemed like a total waste of money. I don´t know jackshit about law but if you present 400 tweets to a judge isn´t he gonna be bored out of his mind? Isn´t just better to bring like 20-30 that are really strong? Or is it covering all the bad guys?
>I don't know jackshit about the law
Then shut up.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
I just have run out of will to refute dumb statements over and over again, if you really don't know jackshit, why are you talking about it.

I don't know jackshit about quantum physics, so I don't go around trying to assert things about quantum physics.

Monkey Prick

GET OUTTA MY WAY
kiwifarms.net

I wish speds would stop coming here to post dogshit without knowing the when or why of anything related to the case.

Fluke

kiwifarms.net
I just have run out of will to refute dumb statements over and over again, if you really don't know jackshit, why are you talking about it.

I don't know jackshit about quantum physics, so I don't go around trying to assert things about quantum physics.
Not allowed to speculate on a drama site, which almost entire catalogue of content is speculation. Also im not speculating about law im speculating about this case.
Also i didnt assert shit bitch.
He lost why not try to reason, as to why he lost?

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not allowed to speculate on a drama site, which almost entire catalogue of content is speculation.
Last time I checked, we weren't PULL:
The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.
But if you were looking for The Farms' equivalent, The Beauty Parlour is right here:

Reactions: P5Fever

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Not allowed to speculate on a drama site, which almost entire catalogue of content is speculation. Also im not speculating about law im speculating about this case.
The 400 tweets were evidence of defamation, which hasn't even been TCPA struck yet. Chupp hasn't made a ruling on it, so you're putting your cart before your horse by speculating that Vic lost because Chupp was annoyed at a huge stack of evidence.

If anything, the parts that he struck were the parts that had the least evidence. There wasn't a ton of evidence of TI. There were the Kameha Con text messages. That was pretty much it. Granted those text messages seemed like very clear evidence of TI, but one of the elements of TI with an existing contract is that the unlawful interference caused damages, and since Vic did go to Kameha Con in the end, Chupp flat-out rejected the idea that he was damaged (despite evidence of that too). And as for tortious interference with other cons, that was entirely based on "rational inference," and Chupp just wasn't buying it. If you dismiss the TI with Kameha Con, there's not really a lot left to base a rational inference on.

Reactions: P5Fever

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The 400 tweets were evidence of defamation, which hasn't even been TCPA struck yet. Chupp hasn't made a ruling on it, so you're putting your cart before your horse by speculating that Vic lost because Chupp was annoyed at a huge stack of evidence.
I'm pretty sure the other counts weren't thrown out because the judge was annoyed that Ty brought too much evidence on the main count that WASN'T thrown out.

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
You just joined yesterday.

Speculate about why you decided that you have any opinion when you joined simply to start shit-stirring with flaw Twitter hot takes.

Lurk more, and/or fuck off.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
I'm pretty sure the other counts weren't thrown out because the judge was annoyed that Ty brought too much evidence on the main count that WASN'T thrown out.
Did Ty need to have all those tweets on their own separate page or was he just being a Boomer?

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Did Ty need to have all those tweets on their own separate page or was he just being a Boomer?
I really doubt it mattered a whole lot. It's the plaintiff's job to tell the judge how the evidence is relevant to the claims in their petition, so the petition directly cites the most important evidence. Everything else is just tacked on so that they can reference it if need be... the opposing counsel has to go through it closely, to see if it can or should be struck, but the judge doesn't have to pay much attention to it until his attention is directly called to it.

I doubt he read the 400 pages of tweets. Maybe he flipped through and read a couple of them, but I don't think he pored over them. Same with the depositions.

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
Probably not necessary, but it makes it easier to refer to. Like when he was doing Toye's depo, he could refer to "the tweet on page 108" instead of "the tweet 2nd from the top on page 108". (Even so I think there were some pages with 2 tweets on them.)

The real question is, should he have included the context of each one, which would have doubled/tripled the number of pages? The defense was being disingenuous when they said "we can't tell who they were talking about without context". Since the tweets are still up, anyone can go click them and see for themselves... but technically that context was not a part of evidence before the court.

It's possible that 400 pages of tweets were not enough, and there should have been even more included.

Reactions: solidcloud

Paddy O' Furniture

Cuck Shed Cleaner
kiwifarms.net
What exactly did he lose? Please elaborate. Since you said you have no idea about the law, you should be just fine, right?

solidcloud

kiwifarms.net
Probably not necessary, but it makes it easier to refer to. Like when he was doing Toye's depo, he could refer to "the tweet on page 108" instead of "the tweet 2nd from the top on page 108". (Even so I think there were some pages with 2 tweets on them.)

The real question is, should he have included the context of each one, which would have doubled/tripled the number of pages? The defense was being disingenuous when they said "we can't tell who they were talking about without context". Since the tweets are still up, anyone can go click them and see for themselves... but technically that context was not a part of evidence before the court.

It's possible that 400 pages of tweets were not enough, and there should have been even more included.
I would agree, seeing as how Chupp wanted the context of the tweets, meaning he wanted whole damn threads. I thought that the whole point of validating the tweets were to say that they were their actual tweets and they were about Vic.

Spectre_06

I'ma report you to SecDef Trump.
kiwifarms.net
First off, we're not a drama site. We're a collective of shitposters that get together and laugh at the rampant stupidity of public officials, public personalities (real-life and internet celebrities), and in general just have fun laughing.

Second, speculation is fine; you're right that this is all speculation and no one has disputed that. Literally every swinging dick on this subforum has said "this shit is speculation". However, we also support the speculation with some type of evidence.

Third, Ty didn't lose. The hearing may not have gone his way, but there are certain tell-tales that say even Judge Chupp knows he messed up, namely telling everyone they're going to mediation, including Jamie. He also told Jamie's attorney to be at mediation because there's no guarantee he won't be back in the courtroom "in three months", which points to Chupp erring on the side of Vic when it comes to maintaining the defamation claims against MoRon and FUNimation since he can't file an interlocutory appeal over the TCPA decisions, only the defense can.

We can and do speculate plenty on why the hearing went the way it did, and for the most part it seems like Chupp just had a shitty day (or week). There's also the possibility that Chupp legitimately did not know how TCPA is supposed to be run, as it's a 100% shitty law (good initiative, bad judgment when it comes to the TCPA). The defense has to know that on appeal it gets overturned and they're probably redoing the TCPA, but until then they get a win. I don't think it's because Ty did poorly, he simply wasn't really given a chance to prove his case, and when he did try to the Judge's response was, "Well I don't want to see that evidence."

OneHandClapping

Equal Right Hooks
kiwifarms.net
Third, Ty didn't lose. The hearing may not have gone his way, but there are certain tell-tales that say even Judge Chupp knows he messed up, namely telling everyone they're going to mediation, including Jamie. He also told Jamie's attorney to be at mediation because there's no guarantee he won't be back in the courtroom "in three months", which points to Chupp erring on the side of Vic when it comes to maintaining the defamation claims against MoRon and FUNimation since he can't file an interlocutory appeal over the TCPA decisions, only the defense can.
Vic can file a cross appeal if the defendants file one first. It'd be funny if Monica's defamation cause of action is upheld, she appeals, and thus drags Jamie back in to save her own hide.

Spectre_06

I'ma report you to SecDef Trump.
kiwifarms.net
Vic can file a cross appeal if the defendants file one first. It'd be funny if Monica's defamation cause of action is upheld, she appeals, and thus drags Jamie back in to save her own hide.
Correct, but that's the only way he can file an appeal that doesn't need to wait for the trial to conclude. It's likely that if any party is kept in the lawsuit they'll file the interlocutory appeal and then they'll cross appeal, which is what Chupp was probably referencing.

Tags
None