• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. They've changed their bot behavior since last time. I've added a mandatory CAPTCHA at a Cloudflare level. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Law Teacher who was fired for her slavery lesson is now suing for a billion dollars.1 bazillion dollars!

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Fandom Trash, Jan 11, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. Teacher fired over controversial slavery lesson building $1 billion class-action lawsuit

Lauren Holter

Yahoo LifestyleJanuary 11, 2019, 7:08 AM EST

Patricia Cummings claims she was the victim of reverse discrimination when she was fired from her New York City teaching job. More

A former New York City teacher is heading to court after she was accused of forcing black students to lie on the floor while she stood on their backs during a slavery lesson. Following her termination in October, Patricia Cummings claimed she was the victim of reverse discrimination and is now ramping up a $1 billion class-action lawsuit.

“I have no career at this point,” Cummings said at a Thursday press conference, per the New York Post, describing how the allegation made against her has affected her life.

Cummings claims the accusation that she stepped on students’ backs is a lie, though she acknowledges that she had her students sit close together on the floor to demonstrate the conditions on slave ships.

“Ms. Cummings is a dedicated and competent teacher, who should never have been subjected to these false accusations, which have damaged her career and her reputation,” Cummings’s attorney, Thomas Liotti, told WABCon Thursday. “This is a case of blatant reverse discrimination.” Yahoo Lifestyle has reached out to Liotti for further comment.

The 37-year-old former teacher said at Thursday’s press conference that the testimony of a black teacher who saw the slavery lesson in question will clear her name.

“Anyone who has met me knows I don’t have that bone in my body,” Cummings said. “I was brought up — you treat everybody the way you want to be treated.”

Cummings filed a $120 million lawsuit against the New York City Department of Education and other city agencies, as reported by the Post, but Liotti says they’re also building a class-action case with other alleged victims of reverse discrimination. He believes that case is worth $1 billion.

The New York City Department of Education, however, said in a statement to WABC that Cummings was terminated “based on a thorough investigation and a review of her performance as an educator,” adding that it will review her complaint.

• Informative  x 7
    • Optimistic  x 7
    • Like  x 1
    • Islamic Content  x 1
    • Horrifying  x 1
    Fandom Trash

Fandom Trash Just your typical tumblr trash

kiwifarms.net
  2. That's nuts.

You get it. Cummings. Nut.

8)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Yeah, fat chance of that happening.

That's somebody's fetish

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    January Cyst

January Cyst Kick a duck up the arse

kiwifarms.net
  4. Pretty sure if you actually manage to get fired as a New York public school teacher you done fucked up

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ProgKing of the North

ProgKing of the North Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands

kiwifarms.net
  5. It's just 'discrimination', you autist; 'reverse discrimination' isn't even a valid concept.

• Agree Agree x 33
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips I want to touch your pee-pee.

kiwifarms.net
  6. So she'll better her life by fucking over the state at the hefty tune of a billion dollars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster Back in the Stone Age.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  7. In addition, this
    >The 37-year-old former teacher said at Thursday’s press conference that the testimony of a black teacher who saw the slavery lesson in question will clear her name. Emphasis mine and her settlement of "a billion dollars" brings into question her overall reliability as a person. Where in NYC was this? She seems like a special brand of stupid, like a trust fund baby.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    keyboredsm4shthe2nd

keyboredsm4shthe2nd CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!

kiwifarms.net
  8. That's going to be quite some testimony if he can speak for all black people in the country.

Also, horseshoe theory and all, but you probably shouldn't make black students get stepped, stood on, or corralled into a circle, or have them act as stand-ins for slaves in class. Really you shouldn't do that to any student. Doubly so as a teacher.

• Agree Agree x 12
    kiwifarms.net
  9. It's like going to buy cream and asking where they keep the reverse cheese.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips I want to touch your pee-pee.

kiwifarms.net
  10. I think this person doesn't understand that despite whatever POWERFUL SYMBOLISM she was trying drive into these impressionable young minds, she still racially singled out her black students and stood on them.

She doesn't understand how she did anything wrong. She is so deep into la-la-land that if you tell her "you racially singled out your black students and stood on them" she won't understand how that is wrong. And what was the actual point of this? Was she trying to make her black students have an appropriate hate for whitey by personally oppressing them? This behavior is so out there that I don't know how to process it.

• Agree Agree x 12
    not william stenchever

not william stenchever it depends on the whale

kiwifarms.net
  11. Not just that, forcing students to lie down and stand on their backs would be grounds for termination. And suing the school for a billion dollars is literally ridiculous.

Also, the fact she's getting a black teacher to clear her name won't do her much good. Sure said teacher might come to her defense but everyone else won't really buy into it, and that's without the race angle.

• Agree Agree x 5
    #11 c-no, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    c-no

c-no Asian Man with Sunglasses
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Her name is Patricia Cummings? Lmao when she got fired she should have changed her name to Patricia Goings.

• Winner Winner x 11
    • DRINK DRINK x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Asking for a one billion dollars, I expected her last name to be Evil and her to have a doctorate degree from evil medical school.

• Like Like x 1
    Megaroad

Megaroad mobile suit: autism

kiwifarms.net
  14. I’m so glad this teacher won’t be around kids anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Tommy Wiseau Kin

Tommy Wiseau Kin Tommy's Planet

kiwifarms.net
  15. >See New York
    >See 1 Billion USD
    First thought that comes to my head, "please let it be Landau representing her"...

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  16. To be fair she did lose 25,000 years of employment

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  17. It would’ve been better to have everyone do it, so they could all experience it. There are teachers that simulate things like schoolrooms in the 1800s or even war reenactments. Plus if everyone tried it then they couldn’t say she was discrimating. Also, she shouldn’t step on students.

• Agree Agree x 2
    IAmNotAlpharius

IAmNotAlpharius For the Emperor?!

kiwifarms.net
  18. It would be hilarious if she won.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.net
  19. New York schools have a thing called "Rubber rooms".

It's impossible to fire teachers because of the unions so all of the accused pedophiles, incompetents and scammers are kept employed at desks where they do meaningless busywork that is just thrown into a garbage bin at the end of the day.

The fact that she got fired actually is damning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reassignment_centers

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net
  20. If it was the state that slandered her then yes.

She should probably have more than just one person testifying in her defense though. Shes gonna need more than that

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.