Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dressup game for grownups, home of troons, pedophiles, furries and bronies. "The game is dead!" for the 4th year in a row.

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
This is the pure concentration of the TF2 teams apathy towards the game.
It would not surprise me any see wtf the workshops item, Halloween items are becoming, bots and the community are becoming.
I dont even care if the game is shit I just want vavle to finish the fucking comic and end the story so at least people will feel like it has some sort of ending.
There is an ending for the comic I doubt they were going to release it until they kill off the game as a send-off.

Last edited:

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
This is the pure concentration of the TF2 teams apathy towards the game.
They don't even vet the maps they accept into the game, what makes you think they go beyond copy-pasting whatever announcement text is given by the event organizers?

Funniest part about it is that this is the first event by this group without participation medals. Donate to 41% awareness charity or no shiny in-game trinkets for you. As for why this came to be in the first place, it's a combination of the previous crossover with Creators.tf and Potato.tf now also having a tranny on staff.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
I dont even care if the game is shit I just want vavle to finish the fucking comic and end the story so at least people will feel like it has some sort of ending.
I don't get how when even the comic's writers have admitted the entire rest of the plot has been decided for years they can't just hire them to finish it.
They don't even vet the maps they accept into the game, what makes you think they go beyond copy-pasting whatever announcement text is given by the event organizers?

Funniest part about it is that this is the first event by this group without participation medals. Donate to 41% awareness charity or no shiny in-game trinkets for you. As for why this came to be in the first place, it's a combination of the previous crossover with Creators.tf and Potato.tf now also having a tranny on staff.
NOW having trannies on staff? I'm surprised with how the community is outside of Steam that is even possible for it to only be recently this occured.

Precursor James

the only easy day was yesterday
kiwifarms.net
The thread under this is legitimately one of the biggest and most entertaining flame wars in recent memory that I can recall, however the steam jannies are deleting posts like there's no tomorrow, highly recommend reading it while it's still up, great read.

almost 2k comments on the reddit post
IMG_20211020_093226.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-20-09-34-38-238_com.brave.browser.jpg
of course buddy you are a real woman

lemonsarebetter

kiwifarms.net
I remembered playing this game back from 2013 to 2015ish. Really went down the shitter didn't it? I had some good memories ngl.
After 2015, there was a ban wave for LMAOBOX (early 2016?), and that outed a ton of competitive players which led to the competitive scene dying even faster since half the scene was cheating (LMAO). At the beginning of 2017, the game was still playable, and not many troons had taken it over yet. The competitive scene was still recovering and it hadn't turned into a tranny freakshow just yet.

The game truly began to be doomed sometime in late 2017 or early 2018. This was the rise of the common troon. Previously, you'd only see them in community servers, but I feel like this was the time when they started to appear a lot more frequently in casual pubs.

When the source code leaked, everyone knew the game had no future, those naive that believed it did are lying to themselves to compensate for wasting their life on the game.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
After 2015, there was a ban wave for LMAOBOX (early 2016?), and that outed a ton of competitive players which led to the competitive scene dying even faster since half the scene was cheating (LMAO). At the beginning of 2017, the game was still playable, and not many troons had taken it over yet. The competitive scene was still recovering and it hadn't turned into a tranny freakshow just yet.

The game truly began to be doomed sometime in late 2017 or early 2018. This was the rise of the common troon. Previously, you'd only see them in community servers, but I feel like this was the time when they started to appear a lot more frequently in casual pubs.

When the source code leaked, everyone knew the game had no future, those naive that believed it did are lying to themselves to compensate for wasting their life on the game.
Am I wrong or wasn't the source code leak a lot older than claimed? I don't think the doomsaying nonsense around a video game makes any sense anyway, though. If Valve were to even put a few extra people on staff everything other than the rot caused by furfag, weeb, and LGBT nonsense would be solved fairly quickly. Even without that there are parts of the community that can keep the game going in some form, though of course it would be limited, that is the fate of any game.

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net

Very high likelihood the troons in game now where the same ones named with MLP avatars and names back in 2013.

Sandraker

SHAZBOT
kiwifarms.net
Frag videos are still here, but the modern-day equivalent requires the need to brainlessly edit as many dead memes, loud sound effects, and flashing images as possible to appeal to the masses. Most of these "frag videos" are in casual pubs since the average tf2 player is too scared to join a scrim or PUG. Not to mention that all of them are titled something like "TF2casual.exe" or "Tf2 in 2021 is so cursed XDDDD".

This shit honestly feels so foreign. Every tf2 video or really any game related frag montage video merges together into 1 nasty shit pile. Nearly every fucking title is the same and every joke is grey and boring. That also includes every single fat cunt in their little twitch box screaming LESSGOOO every 3 mins. Even outside of that most tf2 pages boil down to "sex joke" or "gay sex joke." Its really tiring considering that tf2 without all the ugly ass cosmetics is a funny game on its own.

Its insane watching this game rot each day compared to when I started. Took a break at one point but I didn't expect to come back to a trash fire.

Guess thats what happens when Valve embraced its community's absurdity in early Gmod days, but it attracted the worse type of people down the line.

Thiletonomics

SEMEN CING
kiwifarms.net
Am I wrong or wasn't the source code leak a lot older than claimed? I don't think the doomsaying nonsense around a video game makes any sense anyway, though. If Valve were to even put a few extra people on staff everything other than the rot caused by furfag, weeb, and LGBT nonsense would be solved fairly quickly. Even without that there are parts of the community that can keep the game going in some form, though of course it would be limited, that is the fate of any game.

Wasn't there also the part where TF2's source code is a massive pile of spaghetti, to the point that no one would want to work on it?

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there also the part where TF2's source code is a massive pile of spaghetti, to the point that no one would want to work on it?
More over it being a nightmare to add shit to more than it being too hard to do basic hacks that probably work on all source games. As long as you can bypass VAC (which is pretty damn easy these days, tf2 or csgo can show you that) then any script kiddie is good to go.

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
This shit honestly feels so foreign. Every tf2 video or really any game related frag montage video merges together into 1 nasty shit pile. Nearly every fucking title is the same and every joke is grey and boring. That also includes every single fat cunt in their little twitch box screaming LESSGOOO every 3 mins. Even outside of that most tf2 pages boil down to "sex joke" or "gay sex joke." Its really tiring considering that tf2 without all the ugly ass cosmetics is a funny game on its own.

Its insane watching this game rot each day compared to when I started. Took a break at one point but I didn't expect to come back to a trash fire.

Guess thats what happens when Valve embraced its community's absurdity in early Gmod days, but it attracted the worse type of people down the line.
It's even sadder knowing there's thousands of players who still think spamming Lenny Face and 'git gud skrub' in chat are the pinnacle of comedy.

The Lawgiver

THE LONGER THE ICON OF SIN IS ON EARTH THE STRONGE
kiwifarms.net
I can't remember if I brought this up at any point in this but like before all the bullshit way back in the late 2000s or early 2010s pre-casual mode update tf2 but whenever paints were a thing I ended up making a "luigi scout" using green paints and that never stopped being my scout loadout. Eventually the whole "lime scout" stereotype thing became a thing so every once and a while I'd find myself in situations where some actual tryhard people getting extremely mad at me in matches screaming about me being shit at the game and a tryhard lime scout while I did bad danny wells impersonations in VC. barely any of those fuckers ever got the joke. These sorts of things happened more and more as the years went on till the casual mode shit and all the other dumbass fuckery that happened to tf2 that made it how it is now wen down at the point I ended up just not playing the game. I've meant to get around to playing again but between the trannyshit and the bots and the trannybots combined with the fact the endless deathmatch mode/trade server I used that was a bunch of cool chill guys having fun doing nonsense shit in tf2 with not really many rules at all is long dead it's like I just never manage to pull that trigger. Maybe one day.

I still can't get over how TF2 actively tried becoming more like overwatch solely because of the hype around that fucking gmae as "the tf2 killer". I never had as much fun with that shit compared to tf2 that and the constant nerfs to appeal to ecelebs and whiny comp players it's just impossible to get that fun back. Heavy has been nerfed at a base level and literally all his shit other than default is either a direct downgrade or marks him for death which when you're the slowest guy around isn't really ideal. mightve rambled about the heavy shit in here before but still fuck man it hurts heavy ain't fun anymore unless you got the right people around at the right moment.

It's less about the face being funny, and more about people getting upset over a dumb ascii face.
It is a funny face though. not the funniest shit but still very silly. Staying power really is from just how pissed people get over seeing it. A guy I used to know that played tf2 with me doesn't seem to have stopped using it, at least that was the case when I last checked in on what he was up to like a year or 2 ago. It's dumb shit to get pissed over, having it as a silly keybind to pop when you die or kill someone results in some top quality funny moments. I never did it though was too lazy.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing the game for a while and still play today. I'm pretty attached to the game and will be sad when it's time comes. That being said, anybody who thinks Valve is gonna come around and save the day like the final scene in Endgame is retarded and in denial. The clock is still ticking but we're quickly approaching the eleventh hour and Valve clearly isn't intent on making a move.

There's a chance I'm completely wrong, and maybe the Heavy update is announced tomorrow. There's no telling. However, Valve's past behavior suggests that they're going to keep dragging us along like this until Tf2 stops being profitable, at which point they will remove official support and completely pull out of the game.

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing the game for a while and still play today. I'm pretty attached to the game and will be sad when it's time comes. That being said, anybody who thinks Valve is gonna come around and save the day like the final scene in Endgame is exceptional and in denial. The clock is still ticking but we're quickly approaching the eleventh hour and Valve clearly isn't intent on making a move.

There's a chance I'm completely wrong, and maybe the Heavy update is announced tomorrow. There's no telling. However, Valve's past behavior suggests that they're going to keep dragging us along like this until Tf2 stops being profitable, at which point they will remove official support and completely pull out of the game.
I think Valve will make the final tf2 update once the economy dies or if there's is tf2 source 2 game or a replacement for tf2. But Valve is going to milk this cow until its milk is dust. It is nice they are doing small patches which but the major issues is how are they gonna deal with the bots which most of the community is wondering.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
I think Valve will make the final tf2 update once the economy dies or if there's is tf2 source 2 game or a replacement for tf2. But Valve is going to milk this cow until its milk is dust. It is nice they are doing small patches which but the major issues is how are they gonna deal with the bots which most of the community is wondering.
I mean, like I said in my post, it’s anyone’s guess. They sat on HL:VR for over a decade so I’m guessing that profit isn’t the only factor at play here. They clearly want to uphold some kind of standard. It’s just a shame that they won’t provide that decency to Tf2.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak! Broke Dick Ed.
kiwifarms.net
In the end, Valve is a company and companies are never your friend. They can shut down the game and it would only be known as a memory for most, while they still milk CS and DOTA players off their wallets via skins. Just accept that Valve has fallen from grace especially when compared to before.