Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dressup game for grownups, home of troons, pedophiles, furries and bronies. "The game is dead!" for the 4th year in a row.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not completely on subject, but do you guys have any tips on the least annoying way for an adult human to sell off some imaginary hats of low- to mid-tier fanciness? Hypothetically.

Steam market is a last resort; there's only so much on-platform credit one needs.

Cable 7

kiwifarms.net
Not completely on subject, but do you guys have any tips on the least annoying way for an adult human to sell off some imaginary hats of low- to mid-tier fanciness? Hypothetically.

Steam market is a last resort; there's only so much on-platform credit one needs.
If you feel like sucking geel's dick, you can use marketplce.tf. Otherwise, browse forums and attempt to get a paypal buy of your goods instead.

Nauseated Courgi

Bulldogs are cool dogs, guys!
kiwifarms.net

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
As fun as that is to think, Valve is most definitely what put it down.

The community, if anything, kept it alive like some kind of Frankenstein's monster.
I wouldn't say that's true. Games have had great communities unsupported for decades (see: Age of Empires), and the bad parts usually happen later (see: Doom's community). TF2's community is why it got so bad so fast.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net

Sorry pal. You can sell it to Tf2 traders for keys. Check backpack.tf for the generally accepted price of your item, get an alt account to put up a buy order to artificially inflate the price, and sell it to a guy for like a key lower. When he asks why you won't sell it to the other guy (your alt) just say you had a previous negative encounter with him (ie. he's a dick). Tf2 marker manipulation 101. And if you're found out, what are they gonna do, ban you? Boo hoo, I'll miss your gay elitist pixel trading platform so very much!

Beware of traders though, as most are autistic manchildren. For the few minutes you interact, it will be like talking to an actual retard. I mean, only a truly exceptional individual could assign any value to pixels.

Keys are worth roughly $2.50. You can usually sell them for PayPal. Just make sure the guy goes first. Or like previously suggested, you can sell them to a bot or something. If selling to a reputable trader, just go first. They're niggers so they care about how other terminally online faggots think of their reputation.

Juan?

Dawn Of The Black Hearts, Guitar An-Hero.
kiwifarms.net
I know Sound tries to high-quality videos like Mann guide or the later stereotype videos which for me kinda fall flat instead of the ones he's dicking around with friends or the shorter less skit-focused stereotype videos. IIRC he gf currently was or still is (idk) a rule 34 artist that's how they meet, that could bite him later. Like you said the Reddit tier memes do not age well or some of the videos are pretty bland.
It was because of his Soundsmith I got into Tf2 mostly watching his stereotype videos I do have a bias towards him. I did like some of the commentary videos like heavy update or the capping on high tower change of pace.
Some of his best videos seem to rely almost completely on bearded expense’s shitpostery.

RSLUG30

:-DD
kiwifarms.net
Don't give him too much credit. He's a C tier, run of the mill Tf2 content creator. Having pretty visuals and clean editing isn't a novelty anymore. Nothing sets him apart. He's like SoundSmith, completely replaceable. Speaking of ScoundSmith, if you thought Zesty was a faggot, soundy and his posy are a bunch of tranny niggers. Go figure, all of the good Tf2 YouTubers have moved on or fallen off the face of the planet, and got replaced by people who compensate for their lack of talent or humor with clean editing and Reddit memes.
i'm aware of how much of a fagit soundsmith is, but i believe zesty has greater chance to be a lolcow because he has common traits shared with them: a short temper, a willingness to respond to any kind of taunting, and the ability to shit out hour long or multi paragraph rants.
while soundsmith does have lulzy takes, he at least knows how to not end up as a controversial figure among the community and keeps crazy, streams of consciousness rants to himself, or atleast his inner circle clique.
if that was enough to classify someone as notable enough for a thread, then we'd have about 50 times the thread count we currently have.

on the stagnation of content from these youtubers, that's mainly due to them exhausting every potential gimmick, every joke, every discussion that the game has to offer.
some of them realise this and try to branch out to other games, but the problem there is that their subscribers only really want TF2 content as that's what they've subscribed for. so these people are met with a dilemma; continue milking the decrepit old cow or risk your channels success by moving onto something newer, something fresher that you could actually make good content for?
notable attempts at the latter being star, muselk and jerma, with jerma being the only one successful enough to pull it off and escape the TF2 content creator curse.

Nikes_JustDoIt

Just Do It
kiwifarms.net
on the stagnation of content from these youtubers, that's mainly due to them exhausting every potential gimmick, every joke, every discussion that the game has to offer.
some of them realise this and try to branch out to other games, but the problem there is that their subscribers only really want TF2 content as that's what they've subscribed for. so these people are met with a dilemma; continue milking the decrepit old cow or risk your channels success by moving onto something newer, something fresher that you could actually make good content for?
That is what happens when you make content about the game that is pretty much dead. Valve puts on autopilot as the people spend money on creates and keys. Tf2 still can make money, and Valves sees that won't put too much money into compared to CSGOor Dota2 bigger games that make a shit ton of money.
The issue is "people want TF2 content showing that the game is not dead." I think that's the main issue with tf2 content their being toxic about staying loyal to the game when people jumped ship or trying other games to expand their community instead of staying in Tf2.
Star_

Extremely Online Guy

Um... you're Chinese.
kiwifarms.net
Zesty deleted his Twitter for a bit but then reinstated and went private. Saw some talk about him thinking of leaving the TF2 community and sperging at Jpeg.
Couldn't find the first tweet of the thread about leaving but here's him sperging at Jpeg:
Being the laughing stock of a community that already is a laughing stock must be some sort of achievement

Double post because acoustic

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
notable attempts at the latter being star, muselk and jerma, with jerma being the only one successful enough to pull it off and escape the TF2 content creator curse.
True. Jerma is really the only successful creator to transcend Tf2, but that's only because he jumped ship before Tf2's fan base was nearly as ravenous as it is today. Their game is finally kicking the bucket, and so they perceive anybody who moves on as a threat to their already shrinking content pool.

Thiletonomics

SEMEN CING
kiwifarms.net
True. Jerma is really the only successful creator to transcend Tf2, but that's only because he jumped ship before Tf2's fan base was nearly as ravenous as it is today. Their game is finally kicking the bucket, and so they perceive anybody who moves on as a threat to their already shrinking content pool.

RTGame also was able to successfully change from making TF2 content, to variety content. I do wonder who tried changing from making TF2 content, to either another game or variety content, but crashed and burned instead.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
Valve News Network.
Tyler McNigger started making hl2 content, and really only uploads a Tf2 video when he's short on cash and needs to clickbait an angry and tired portion of his viewer base. And his channel is doing well, so I wouldn't say he's crashed and burned.

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
Tyler McNigger started making hl2 content, and really only uploads a Tf2 video when he's short on cash and needs to clickbait an angry and tired portion of his viewer base. And his channel is doing well, so I wouldn't say he's crashed and burned.
Oh man you missed him lately. He publicly denounced Valve and said he'd stop doing any Valve content and then his views tanked. He had to slink back to his audience and do some clickbait TF2 speculation vids.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
Oh man you missed him lately. He publicly denounced Valve and said he'd stop doing any Valve content and then his views tanked. He had to slink back to his audience and do some clickbait TF2 speculation vids.
I don’t wanna know or see shit about him again. That fucker ruined HL:ALYX for fucking everyone when he gave some autistic nigger a platform, and forced Valve to announce it early. Fuck that guy.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
Also sorry to bring this up, but I felt it necessary. How many of you folks would be willing to play on a private Tf2 server. If I could get a few people who'd be interested I'll start one. They're all full of bots, trannies, or admins these days. Why not start one without that gay shit.

One Sick Puppy

If you live long enough you're bound to see it all
kiwifarms.net
Zesty uploaded a video that criticizes this year's Smissmas cosmetics that were added. And, to be honest I completely agree with him on this one. The workshop creators are lazy niggers who circlerjerks themselves and only does low quality shit because it's what valve will add. I think everyone agrees that this year's case has been the absolute worst that Valve has ever done. It's insane how bad it is. It's such a shame because there are tons and tons of amazing well done cosmetics that gets completely ignored. Because Valve favors low effort garbage that workshop creators keeps making because it's an easy self-made and money.

If Valve started adding Winter cosmetics instead of wacky christmas themed, they would get more people to buy the cases which means more money for Valve. I am truly baffled with this case.
(By winter I mean general winter clothing and not items that's christmas trees, reindeer related and so forth) The only redeeming item in this cosmetic case is the Heavy ushanka because
1) It's not dumb all-class.
2) it fits Heavy.

Thiletonomics

SEMEN CING
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this meme video is meant to be a massive jab at Battlefield 2042 being a shitty game, or if this is more coping from the TF2 community, by picking on one of the biggest gaming dumpster fires in 2021: