Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dressup game for grownups, home of troons, pedophiles, furries and bronies. "The game is dead!" for the 4th year in a row.

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
I do get some fucked up glee from seeing those that that still hopelessly cling on to this zombie game, make videos like this.
They really are the batter house wives of video games.

The community also seems soft when they think that this is why TF2 is at its worst state, when other games are in a much worse state overall, with Battlefield 2042 as a big example.

Last edited:

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
I do get some fucked up glee from seeing those that that still hopelessly cling on to this zombie game, make videos like this.
Battered housewife analogy is absolutely on point because, after complaining about all the shit they have to eat, TF2 players like this guy go right back to Valve's insular official bubble in the game. Who needs Youtube video #25 about how awful the cosmetics are? How about you make a guide on how to painlessly install nohat mod + unusual particle remover? Encourage being responsible with the money you spend, e.g. paying 2$ to a server host instead of spending it on a hat. Promote making cosmetic removal plugins in the style of F2P kickers back when TF2 was made free. Zapping hats off player entities sounds exceptional, yes, but it means you have to be something more than just your kooky wacky loadout and unusual. Obviously none of that will happen, as doing so has a chance of the community faggots gunning for your throat and your views tanking as a result.

I'm aware that what I've listed has already been said before a million times over. The usual counterarguments to that are:
  1. You cannot make people stop spending money
  2. You are hurting duh item creators, not the billion dollar company
  3. If there is no monetary incentive left, Valve might shut down the game entirely
Firstly, the goal is not to somehow starve Valve of money. Besides that being a severely autistic goal, it's like fighting windmills. This is simply a personal line you draw. With all of the talk about Youtubers being community heads, you'd think someone prominent would take a stance on this. Secondly, fuck the item creators. Stupid kids will buy their hats regardless. Thirdly, games live on after their official servers die. Old, pre-Steam era games survive (even if in dwindling numbers) because of how player-centric their communities are. Hosting your own servers is a no-brainer for them. Light strawman, but I hope you get my point. Less "boycotts" that last a day and more gradual ideas.

Here's one of the few sane channels talking about boycotting and its contradictions:

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
Battered housewife analogy is absolutely on point because, after complaining about all the shit they have to eat, TF2 players like this guy go right back to Valve's insular official bubble in the game. Who needs Youtube video #25 about how awful the cosmetics are? How about you make a guide on how to painlessly install nohat mod + unusual particle remover? Encourage being responsible with the money you spend, e.g. paying 2$ to a server host instead of spending it on a hat. Promote making cosmetic removal plugins in the style of F2P kickers back when TF2 was made free. Zapping hats off player entities sounds exceptional, yes, but it means you have to be something more than just your kooky wacky loadout and unusual. Obviously none of that will happen, as doing so has a chance of the community faggots gunning for your throat and your views tanking as a result.

I'm aware that what I've listed has already been said before a million times over. The usual counterarguments to that are:
  1. You cannot make people stop spending money
  2. You are hurting duh item creators, not the billion dollar company
  3. If there is no monetary incentive left, Valve might shut down the game entirely
Firstly, the goal is not to somehow starve Valve of money. Besides that being a severely autistic goal, it's like fighting windmills. This is simply a personal line you draw. With all of the talk about Youtubers being community heads, you'd think someone prominent would take a stance on this. Secondly, fuck the item creators. Stupid kids will buy their hats regardless. Thirdly, games live on after their official servers die. Old, pre-Steam era games survive (even if in dwindling numbers) because of how player-centric their communities are. Hosting your own servers is a no-brainer for them. Light strawman, but I hope you get my point. Less "boycotts" that last a day and more gradual ideas.

Here's one of the few sane channels talking about boycotting and its contradictions:
The community also seems soft when they think that this is why TF2 is at its worst state, when other games are in a much worse state overall, with Battlefield 2042 as a big example.
I guess more videos of the entire cosmetic crap just keep popping up.

I remember before when I was lurking that someone mentioned World of Tanks and how the playerbase and Wargaming deserved each other mainly because of the playerbase's autistic thinking + unwillingness to flank and adapt to weaknesses and WG's greed. I think it is fair to say both the TF2 playerbase and Valve deserve each other. The playerbase is a bunch of dumb, late players who came way beyond the game's hayday and just simply ruined the community, either spreading all the furry/femboy shit and drama-whores alongside awful youtuber videos and personalities to boot with a straight-to-shit cosmetics meant for the whales and FOMO fuckers. Valve is purely lazy, unfocused, a shell of their former selves and has no willingness to update their games to a higher standard, instead adding and accepting more cosmetic/microtransaction shit than the game they are milking has enough of. It is really telling when the video that was posted had workshop makers openly discussing how Valve's shitty criteria for cosmetics is talked about as well as their business directly hampering development for TF2 simply because of lack of profit from it or risk getting booted.

Because of the combination of fanboyism and pure-nostalgia tinted twats who keep playing what is essentially a rotten festive corpse of what used to be a good game, the players or the dedicated ones at the least are in battered-wife syndrome, usually seen by MMOs by the likes of Crossout and EVE Online because "it is a game that is its own kind" or that they spend dollars that could be used to pay bills into unusuals and don't want to waste the value, except that these unusuals are a cancer to the game as a whole. This gives Valve the opportunity to milk and dime the dimwits and create new whales. People say TF2 is special when it comes to the online gaming space but I honestly feel like it is no different from all the other online games people complain about because TF2 at its current state is Valve catching old and new whales through cosmetics and the Steam Market. You don't need to spend 700+ hours into the game to see this when you can see all the crap they left behind in the game that they choose to ignore: either an overhaul of the engine, inclusion of microtransactions in a game that was pay-to-play formerly, abandoned special events like the Saxxy Awards, failed modes like Special Delivery and Robot Destruction, monetization of a PvE mode, deliberate muting of F2Ps unless they buy an item, constant adding of pay-walled cosmetics, unfinished maps, optimization and whatever the fuck.

Honestly, fuck TF2, the community and Valve as a whole. They deserve each other, autists who will complain about the game and yet continuously play it while a company that has fallen from grace can rightfully keep catching more whales to fuel Gabe's fatass in New Zealand.

JokahBaybee

kiwifarms.net
5b1bb629796dcdeaac53b775e917e79a.jpg

Toolbox

Buy dat dawgs
kiwifarms.net
Past the insanity of kinning most of this actualy seems to slightly cover his traits, but then there's trying to sow the seed of tranny messaging in the likely young teen girl audience of whatever account this is. Especially confusing is the homophobia statement, though. How does that fit in with that? It's almost an admittance that a lot of tranny messaging is homophobic, but I doubt they are admitting that. I don't remember any line where scout even calls someone gay.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
Zesty uploaded a video that criticizes this year's Smissmas cosmetics that were added. And, to be honest I completely agree with him on this one. The workshop creators are lazy niggers who circlerjerks themselves and only does low quality shit because it's what valve will add. I think everyone agrees that this year's case has been the absolute worst that Valve has ever done. It's insane how bad it is. It's such a shame because there are tons and tons of amazing well done cosmetics that gets completely ignored. Because Valve favors low effort garbage that workshop creators keeps making because it's an easy self-made and money.

If Valve started adding Winter cosmetics instead of wacky christmas themed, they would get more people to buy the cases which means more money for Valve. I am truly baffled with this case.
(By winter I mean general winter clothing and not items that's christmas trees, reindeer related and so forth) The only redeeming item in this cosmetic case is the Heavy ushanka because
1) It's not dumb all-class.
2) it fits Heavy.
Didn't they add a Ushanka to the game back in 2k9?

Grinrow

Monkey
kiwifarms.net
Lmfao is this eu retard really complaining about Christmas themed hats in a Christmas themed update lmfao ofc its lazy the tf2 community is the funko pop collectors of gaming they literally do the soy face in casual matches when ever someone has a rare taunt

Last edited:

MarqueeIsAFunnyWord

Sand eater
kiwifarms.net
Do people really care this much about the state of tf2's updates now? I mean, I stopped caring, I just log in to get my goodie sock.
Even then I still play it from time to time just cause I still find it fun, and it kind of saddens me to see some people so bitter about a lootbox you don't even need to open to have fun in the game.

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
Do people really care this much about the state of tf2's updates now? I mean, I stopped caring, I just log in to get my goodie sock.
Even then I still play it from time to time just cause I still find it fun, and it kind of saddens me to see some people so bitter about a lootbox you don't even need to open to have fun in the game.
Maybe because lootboxes are overdone and that gaming should revert back to the "earn cosmetics/content through achievements" system (look at Halo Infinite for example). It doesn't help that Valve conditioned the fanbase so hard that its hard to even get out. I mean, look at the CS:GO fanbase and tell me if they can even go to the game without the mention of operations/skins?

Nauseated Courgi

Bulldogs are cool dogs, guys!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe because lootboxes are overdone and that gaming should revert back to the "earn cosmetics/content through achievements" system (look at Halo Infinite for example). It doesn't help that Valve conditioned the fanbase so hard that its hard to even get out. I mean, look at the CS:GO fanbase and tell me if they can even go to the game without the mention of operations/skins?
They're overdone, but work like a charm everytime. Obviously, all these online games wouldn't still be using them if some players weren't so eager to engage with them.