Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dressup game for grownups, home of troons, pedophiles, furries and bronies. "The game is dead!" for the 4th year in a row.

Enne

kiwifarms.net
Obviously there's Covid and the Winter event map update to blame. But TF2 has never been more popular. It's both ingrained as a a nostalgia game for millenials and older zoomers. In addition to long being a top title and go-to F2P shooter game for newbies on the only relevant PC game distribution platform. Those games just don't die. Hell, even the likes of fucking Gmod has remained very stable. But yeah, TF2 is one of those games with absurd prices for rare items. I think the Burning Team Captain some are hats are still several thousand dollars. https://steamcharts.com/app/440

The game is nowhere near as alive as the steam player count would have you believe

Slav Power

Polski Moderator
Local Moderator
kiwifarms.net

I remember watching this back when mods still knew how to do their own thing. Never knew the guy who made this died unexpectedly due to cancer.

The second upload is up here because a couple of the songs that EthioMod used were copyrighted.
Do you mean EthioMod died of cancer, or are you referring to the death of kitty0706? Because the latter is well known, it shook the entire Gmod Machinima community back in the day, but I never heard anything about EthioMod dying of cancer.

Admiral Mantoid

The Senate Society
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing that's always stuck out to me the most about the TF2 community is how much they hate it when established TF2 content creators branch out and try doing other things. Creators who want to do something other than TF2 are labelled as sellouts or backstabbers even if they're not actually jumping to the newest trend. Every popular TF2 creator regrets making the game their main focus at some point, because breaking off requires dealing with nonstop harassment from the community. It's a level of entitlement that I don't think I've ever seen in other communities.

The best example of this is STAR_, a veteran TF2 creator who tried doing other things after deciding that TF2 no longer allowed him to produce content that was good enough for his standards. He received so much hate for this shift that he vanished for ages, only uploading one video in four years. It wasn't that he had run out of ideas, it was that he couldn't bring himself to make any videos when he knew that he would just get more angry comments from people who wanted him to go back to making TF2 content. He recently came back and made a video explaining why he stopped uploading for so long, and it's pretty upsetting.
IIRC, didn't the guy who invent the TF2 "Painis Cupcake" meme and kind of started the whole TF2 gmod trend also suffer a similar fate to STAR_? I think his name was RubberFruit or something.

DumbassRecords

Busy reading retarded Twitter threads.
kiwifarms.net
The best example of this is STAR_, a veteran TF2 creator who tried doing other things after deciding that TF2 no longer allowed him to produce content that was good enough for his standards. He received so much hate for this shift that he vanished for ages, only uploading one video in four years. It wasn't that he had run out of ideas, it was that he couldn't bring himself to make any videos when he knew that he would just get more angry comments from people who wanted him to go back to making TF2 content. He recently came back and made a video explaining why he stopped uploading for so long, and it's pretty upsetting.
I felt sorry for him. Some TF2 players are toddlers in adult bodies. Kinda turned me off of the game a bit.
A little tidbit of TF2 happenings that I'd like to throw in was sketchek. For those who don't know, sketchek was a prolific pyro main who uploaded videos of him doing pyro kills in stylish ways. High altitude kills, detonator jumps and the like. He also popularized the Degreaser + Axtinguisher combo.

Some years back, he stopped uploading videos and announced that he was stopping due a fatal illness of sorts. People understood and wished him luck. Years go by, and a lot of people finally concluded from the lack of uploads that he succumbed to the illness.

Well, turns out he didn't. He basically faked the whole thing as a massive commitment to stay away from making videos due to guilt. This incident caused some noise. A few articles were made on the incident, and a few people were also understandibly upset that he faked his own death. Eventually, the whole thing died down, and he's still making videos to this day.

And hey, he also helped buff the Axtinguisher.

Edit: spell
Yeah there was a bit of a buzz around it.

Furret

Going to walk all over the world one day.
kiwifarms.net
As a Pyro main who loves the idea of holding hands and kissing, I can confirm this.
Woah, I know we've talked about some pretty disgusting behavior in this thread, but that's going a bit far don't you think?

Having played tf2 for many years I can confidently say it's freaky how much sway furries have gotten over time. Like most communities they were always there & usually shunned. But now a lot of items being picked to be added to the game by Valve are from furries who made weird, fetishy cosmetics (all for pyro of course) on the steam workshop. Not to mention some of the borderline furry stuff already added.

Just_A_guy

kiwifarms.net
TF2 really should just roll over and die but its too profitable for valve to do that.

like it was fun when i was a kid but now a days the game just feels like a chore to play to the point where ive sold all my items of value and dont touch this thing anymore. nothing but gatekeeping and people taking the game way more seriously than valve ever did.

it's kinda sad really the best way to sum up the playerbase these days are a buncha spergs who put way too much time and money into a free to play shooter from 2011, unless you bought it when it released. but everyone who bought it when it first released moved on to other games because they can afford better games.

Furret

kiwifarms.net
TF2 really should just roll over and die but its too profitable for valve to do that.

like it was fun when i was a kid but now a days the game just feels like a chore to play to the point where ive sold all my items of value and dont touch this thing anymore. nothing but gatekeeping and people taking the game way more seriously than valve ever did.

it's kinda sad really the best way to sum up the playerbase these days are a buncha spergs who put way too much time and money into a free to play shooter from 2011, unless you bought it when it released. but everyone who bought it when it first released moved on to other games because they can afford better games.
It mostly still has a playerbase because they want to stick it to the people who have been calling TF2 dead for years. It's pretty interesting.

wolfpac92

User Warned: Drive-by Trolling
kiwifarms.net
It mostly still has a playerbase because they want to stick it to the people who have been calling TF2 dead for years. It's pretty interesting.
TF2 has a player base because it's free and accessible for those new to Steam. It's also a fun and genuinely well-made game so it keeps those same people coming back for years. Most of its player base are just casuals who don't do anything much beyond quickplay every now and then

Furret

kiwifarms.net
TF2 has a player base because it's free and accessible for those new to Steam. It's also a fun and genuinely well-made game so it keeps those same people coming back for years. Most of its player base are just casuals who don't do anything much beyond quickplay every now and then
Yeah, but I've spent enough time on places like r/tf2 to know that a lot of people refuse to quit this game simply because they don't want the people saying it's dead to be right. I admire the dedication, but I can't give either side too much credit because arguments about the death of online video games are always autistic to some degree.

Large

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but I've spent enough time on places like r/tf2 to know that a lot of people refuse to quit this game simply because they don't want the people saying it's dead to be right. I admire the dedication, but I can't give either side too much credit because arguments about the death of online video games are always autistic to some degree.
It's reddit. That site is half retards and half children, obviously there is a lot of this kind of shit there.

Furret

kiwifarms.net
It's reddit. That site is half retards and half children, obviously there is a lot of this kind of shit there.
Fair enough. I've also seen this sentiment in other places, but it is mostly Reddit.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
In regards to TF2's community, how do they feel about games that compete against it, i.e. Overwatch, Paladins, R6 Siege (although that game is more like CSGO due to the game being around planting bombs/defending in rounds), VALORANT (same at R6 Siege), and even the dead competitors such as Battleborn and LawBreakers? I know that the DOTA 2 community tends to poke fun at competitors to their game, due to things like League of Legends's game client being an absolute joke, but does the TF2 community do similar things, given that it is also a Valve game, where people feel "superior" playing it? That "superior" feeling comes off as being similar to Tesla or Subaru owners, for some reason.

Furret

kiwifarms.net
In regards to TF2's community, how do they feel about games that compete against it, i.e. Overwatch, Paladins, R6 Siege (although that game is more like CSGO due to the game being around planting bombs/defending in rounds), VALORANT (same at R6 Siege), and even the dead competitors such as Battleborn and LawBreakers? I know that the DOTA 2 community tends to poke fun at competitors to their game, due to things like League of Legends's game client being an absolute joke, but does the TF2 community do similar things, given that it is also a Valve game, where people feel "superior" playing it? That "superior" feeling comes off as being similar to Tesla or Subaru owners, for some reason.
Every time a new TF2-esque game comes out, the TF2 community always vehemently hates it for a bit, and then they get over it when they realize that the new flavor of the month isn't going to kill TF2 if they don't complain about it.

Timesless_DEV

kiwifarms.net
I'll start with something hot that probably went under the radar quite a bit.

View attachment 1886196

Meet [VALVE] Twilight Sparkle. He is a German pedophile, horsefucker, attention whoring faggot, cheater, DDOS'er and bot hoster. A well known black sheep in the TF2 community. He is overly attached to a cartoon horse named Twilight Sparkle, going as far as to (allegedly) change his legal name to Sparkle and tattooing the horse's mark on his body. He has promoted TF2 cheating software such as LMAOBOX and Nullcore for free on his YouTube channel for years. He is known to have no cheat programming experience himself and has not made a single penny off his channel.

Image through Sparkle's webcam in a Discord call
View attachment 1886200
An image of Sparkle's living room
View attachment 1886201
Sparkle comes out
View attachment 1886202
Sparkle leaves an image of Twilight Sparkle rule 34 among childrens' magazines
View attachment 1886207

At the end of 2020 he made a video claiming that he is being sued by Valve and therefore going to jail. Turns out he was found out and confirmed to be ERP'ing with a 14 year old when he made the video. He suicidebaited with a gun and a cyanide pill when the 14 year old tried to get out of the relationship. Valve had not taken any legal action at all.

The controversy was reported on YouTube by a small-time TF2ber called WAMO. Later on, Sparkle was contacted by a popular griefing YouTuber MaximilianMus to set up a fake scheme against WAMO (which was planned by Max and WAMO) and incriminated himself even more, going as far as to post a fake dox on his YouTube community tab. He attempted to take down the video published by WAMO on the whole scheme because it showed Sparkle's face. WAMO reuploaded it censored as a result.

But it'll be archived here now uncensored.

THIS VIDEO WAS FORCEFULLY TAKEN DOWN BY A TF2 HACKER (censored)
View attachment 1886261
I just noticed that on his community tab