Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dress up game for grownups, gameplay fully automated! Waiting to be mercy killed...

Breadbassket

kiwifarms.net
TF2 Youtuber is calling for an email campaign for Valve to fix TF2
description.png

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
TF2 has burnt me out the last two-three years for the most part. I used to spend at least 30 hours a week playing back almost ten years ago, but now can barely last 20 minutes in a server without feeling like the game isn't as fun as it once was. Servers are polluted with even more weirdos RPing as FNAF characters than in 2014. Troons are more interested in arguing about retarded politics instead of playing the game in some servers. Plus most community servers I once played on a lot are dead, dying, or running on the cheapest servers imaginable because you're constantly stuttering or getting framerate drops from the packet loss or ads hijacking your screen.

Yeah, valve doesn't care much for the game, but I'd still rather entrust the game in valve's hands over the rabid autistic community at this point.
There are a few well run community servers on decent hardware. Skial had always been high quality. The issue is bottiger (the owner) comes online once every decade because he’s too busy doing whatever, the admins are niggers and trannies who can ban you without recourse because they don’t like the cut of your jib, and the player base that isn’t silent and uses chat is autistic.

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
There are a few well run community servers on decent hardware. Skial had always been high quality. The issue is bottiger (the owner) comes online once every decade because he’s too busy doing whatever, the admins are niggers and trannies who can ban you without recourse because they don’t like the cut of your jib, and the player base that isn’t silent and uses chat is autistic.
I haven't played skial since maybe 2018. UGC is alright in my books, RTD and instant respawn kinda breaks the game a bit though. But it also adds charm.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played skial since maybe 2018. UGC is alright in my books, RTD and instant respawn kinda breaks the game a bit though. But it also adds charm.
I long for the old days. I used to play on this server called Hitlers Jewfort. Total anarchy, good times. Fuck I miss it. Ive been playing the game since beta, I pre-ordered the orange box and everything. I was just a kid and everything felt so new. I wanna go back tbh. Now I’m a broke student with an expensive but theoretically useful piece of paper.

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
I long for the old days. I used to play on this server called Hitlers Jewfort. Total anarchy, good times. Fuck I miss it. Ive been playing the game since beta, I pre-ordered the orange box and everything. I was just a kid and everything felt so new. I wanna go back tbh. Now I’m a broke student with an expensive but theoretically useful piece of paper.
I'm a filthy f2p who got into the game around 2012, even then it still felt far more fun and relaxing instead of the depressing shit it's becoming now.

WULULULULU

I CLOAMK, I TWEEK, I KEEL
kiwifarms.net
I had three multiplayer games that used to define my childhood: TF2, Wolf:ET and WoT. Guess which of the three have aged well?

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
I had three multiplayer games that used to define my childhood: TF2, Wolf:ET and WoT. Guess which of the three have aged well?
None lol, let’s be honest. The only games from pre-2010 that have aged well are single player experiences with high-concept original mechanics and gameplay. Think Halo 3 or Half-Life 2. Essential to any game library, even almost 20 years later.

A Genuinely Retarded Dog

I'm Super Duper With A Big Tuper
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played TF2 for a hot minute, but I was retarded enough to slide my card through the gambler enough times to get an unusual jag.

Are unusual worth anything in 2022? I want to know if it's worth selling, or to keep it for nostalgia sake.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played TF2 for a hot minute, but I was retarded enough to slide my card through the gambler enough times to get an unusual jag.

Are unusual worth anything in 2022? I want to know if it's worth selling, or to keep it for nostalgia sake.
You can’t sell it for anything tangible. Keys are impossible to sell for anything but steam wallet funds without running the risk of getting scammed, which is literally all anybody does these days, because the legit traders sold their collections and quit years ago.

Keep it and expect a ton of bots to add you and pop in your DMs. Just a note, if somebody wants to buy the wrench they’re a scammer. And steam support doesn’t need to validate or check your items. Just assume anybody contacting you who wasn’t in a game with you earlier is a scammer.

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
None lol, let’s be honest. The only games from pre-2010 that have aged well are single player experiences with high-concept original mechanics and gameplay. Think Halo 3 or Half-Life 2. Essential to any game library, even almost 20 years later.
Almost read my mind with GTA IV there but good point.

Luigi Cadorna

Thirteenth Time's the Charm
kiwifarms.net
TF2 Youtuber is calling for an email campaign for Valve to fix TF2
View attachment 3265263
IGN just ran a story about the bot crisis and mentioned the video in second paragraph. Not like anyone gives a shit about IGN anymore but this might be most publicity the bot disaster has gotten in a while. I've been playing this game for over 14 years at this point and it's basically become my security blanket. Despite all the children, furries, and troons that infest the servers these days I still truly love this game but it's clearly terminally ill. Just sad.

Last edited:

Phys

kiwifarms.net
I've been playing this game for over 14 years at this point and it's basically become my security blanket. Despite all the children, furries, and troons that infest the servers these days I still truly love this game but it's clearly terminally ill. Just sad.
I put my money where my mouth is and quit the game. I've hated the game for a while now and the final straw was the moment I realized that I started to loathe the game from the core gameplay to the arrogant community I tried my hardest to turn a blind eye on. I now understand the pain of those YouTubers who quit playing TF2 and had to listen to the continuous moaning of "PLAY TF2".

I'd rather play a game I'm OK (at most) at with a stupid community but active development, rather than a game I'm good at with a stupid community but no developers. TF2 is still the same game and you keep encountering the same stupid shit that you have no control over. There is 0 chance for a major update, absolutely NONE. No community server is going to save this shitstain from Valve's portfolio if it's rotten from its core.

Now I'm just here to keep track of the absolute cycle of the community. This email campaign thing will do nothing like standing up against Valve never does and I just laugh and lean back in my chair as I could finally disconnect from the game that I felt I was stuck in. It's probably going to be a good while until I launch the game again.

Witthel

Catch you all later.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd rather play a game I'm OK (at most) at with a stupid community but active development, rather than a game I'm good at with a stupid community but no developers. TF2 is still the same game and you keep encountering the same stupid shit that you have no control over. There is 0 chance for a major update, absolutely NONE. No community server is going to save this shitstain from Valve's portfolio if it's rotten from its core.
Say what you want about F2P gacha games like Genshin Impact, but at the very least they get regular updates that consist of more than just adding shitty, low-effort cosmetics.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually played Genshin Impact, but from what I've seen I'd sure as hell pick it over playing TF2 any day.

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
Say what you want about F2P gacha games like Genshin Impact, but at the very least they get regular updates that consist of more than just adding shitty, low-effort cosmetics.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually played Genshin Impact, but from what I've seen I'd sure as hell pick it over playing TF2 any day.
>tfw when World of Tanks is actually a viable game to play than current TF2
1652550104104.png