Team Fortress 2 Community - A free-to-play dressup game for grownups, home of troons, pedophiles, furries and bronies. "The game is dead!" for the 4th year in a row.

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Post your favorite class, loadout and map.

Scout
Default Scattergun
Default Pistol
Atomizer
Hightower
Soldier
Beggar's Bazooka
Buff Banner
Escape Plan
Bigrock (In case it isn't obvious I mainly play MvM casually)

Speaking of kitty0706, what is this info about DasBoSchitt stealing the donation money intended for him? Kept on wondering but a lot of info is gone and forgotten.

JokahBaybee

kiwifarms.net
anybody here talking about what's happening with FACEIT? basically, this competitive gaming platform paid a bunch of tf2 YouTubers to talk about how FACEIT was offering an alternative to casual tf2 (because of the bot crisis and lack of updates) but it turns out that it's barely a "casual experience" at all, and FACEIT is, of course, a for-profit organization which cares about money first and foremost, not the TF2 community.

KingFriko

kiwifarms.net
Post your favorite class, loadout and map.

Scout
Default Scattergun
Default Pistol
Atomizer
Hightower

Spy
Kunai
L’etranger
Deadringer
Stock sappy
Doublecross/Sawmill I love em both to death

Soldier
Beggar's Bazooka
Buff Banner
Escape Plan
Bigrock (In case it isn't obvious I mainly play MvM casually)

Speaking of kitty0706, what is this info about DasBoSchitt stealing the donation money intended for him? Kept on wondering but a lot of info is gone and forgotten.
Screenshot 2021-03-27 034837.png

The link is right there on the first post, first thing. Reading comp, man.

EDIT: I'm not posting this because I'm softmodding or whatever, I'm posting this because you are dumb and I am cool and can read!!!

An Account

kiwifarms.net
anybody here talking about what's happening with FACEIT? basically, this competitive gaming platform paid a bunch of tf2 YouTubers to talk about how FACEIT was offering an alternative to casual tf2 (because of the bot crisis and lack of updates) but it turns out that it's barely a "casual experience" at all, and FACEIT is, of course, a for-profit organization which cares about money first and foremost, not the TF2 community.
That's a lot of screeching to say "I'm bad at this game"

Ultima Ratio Regum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why is MVM so autistic? I just like working as a team to fight the bad robots or whatever and dont care about gear but all the other retards always try to kick me.
Surprisingly, the people who get kicked in MvM have apparently never done wrong. Yet, empirically, I can say that 90% of players who get kicked deserve it.

I soloQ most of the time and can carry noobs without difficulty; I like to help them too if they're willing to listen, but it's really pleasing to get rid of some worthless niggers when I queue with friends. The amount of retards in MvM is astonishing. The Tacobot crew might be slightly too extreme overall, but I understand where their ideas came from. On the gas passer thing, although I personally do not care that much if it's used, it does indeed make the game much easier and therefore boring. I have to say however that it's mostly an hypocritical posture from these players who usually just want to farm damages as much as possible and get mad because some clueless noobs stole their precious kills by throwing a gas can. From my part, I stopped caring about tryharding the scoreboard a long time ago.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of MvM pyro players are either 12 years old or 12 IQ, or both, may also be correlated to the fact that they get kicked so often. If I end up in a game with a low tour pyro after queuing, I pretty much always leave instantly.

Kanuckski

kiwifarms.net
Surprisingly, the people who get kicked in MvM have apparently never done wrong. Yet, empirically, I can say that 90% of players who get kicked deserve it.

I soloQ most of the time and can carry noobs without difficulty; I like to help them too if they're willing to listen, but it's really pleasing to get rid of some worthless niggers when I queue with friends. The amount of retards in MvM is astonishing. The Tacobot crew might be slightly too extreme overall, but I understand where their ideas came from. On the gas passer thing, although I personally do not care that much if it's used, it does indeed make the game much easier and therefore boring. I have to say however that it's mostly an hypocritical posture from these players who usually just want to farm damages as much as possible and get mad because some clueless noobs stole their precious kills by throwing a gas can. From my part, I stopped caring about tryharding the scoreboard a long time ago.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of MvM pyro players are either 12 years old or 12 IQ, or both, may also be correlated to the fact that they get kicked so often. If I end up in a game with a low tour pyro after queuing, I pretty much always leave instantly.
Within my recent experience I've usually had very good games and the people I would expect to hear screeching from (2 Cities players with dozens of tours) tend to be pretty nice or just say nothing. Might have to do with the fact I queue with one or two friends at absurd times like 2 AM. But, I've had a very pleasant experience overall and usually people play well and play whats fun within reason. But yeah there's just something really exceptional about Pyro players, very rarely do I meet good ones. Engis are also a mixed bag but I can kinda understand that with how mind numbing it can be. Me and my friends generally don't kick because playing at such times basically means the game is over if someone leaves but even with absolute retards MVM tends to be very easy.

Ultima Ratio Regum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Within my recent experience I've usually had very good games and the people I would expect to hear screeching from (2 Cities players with dozens of tours) tend to be pretty nice or just say nothing. Might have to do with the fact I queue with one or two friends at absurd times like 2 AM. But, I've had a very pleasant experience overall and usually people play well and play whats fun within reason. But yeah there's just something really exceptional about Pyro players, very rarely do I meet good ones. Engis are also a mixed bag but I can kinda understand that with how mind numbing it can be. Me and my friends generally don't kick because playing at such times basically means the game is over if someone leaves but even with absolute retards MVM tends to be very easy.
It honestly depends on the servers you play on. I'm an Eurofag, so I queue most of the time in Luxembourg, Madrid or Stockholm servers where players tend to be quiet and competent enough; on the other hand, I may also end up with a group of completely clueless Russian kids who can't speak a single word of English. The worst cases of communication issues obviously occur on Asian servers. However, American and particularly Virginian servers are often filled with retards, who mic-spam on top of that. I've met 1000+ tours who could still not play the game properly.

Occasional drama aside, most MvM games do in fact go perfectly smooth. The issue with noob pyros is that they always die due to how close to the bots they need to get to make damage, whereas a noob heavy or soldier will manage to stay alive most of the time if he gets decent upgrades (which is far from guaranteed). Engineer is, in my opinion, the most decisive class to carry every single MvM mission, due to how efficient sentryblocking is. With a bad engi, the team lacks ammo frequently and can be surprised by a bot sneakily pushing the bomb away because he wasn't spotted beforehand, or by a giant scout who wasn't efficiently blocked.

As you said, with some experience, all MvM tours become easy, especially with a few competent friends, considering all missions are doable with three or even two players. You should try that with your friends, if no one joins after you've kicked someone, to make the game more challenging.

Last edited:

Louis

kiwifarms.net
FACEIT tried making their own 6v6 platform already and this was their next step?
This thing does not seem to know what it wants. It has a lot of good ideas going but then backpedals to make the platform competitive in a format which was never meant.
Stopwatch on payload? Just what I wanted. Rewards for playing which are of value? Alright, sure. 12 players on both teams at start? Fantastic.
On the flipside...
Penalty for leaving. Huh? Namefagging? Uh oh! ELO system on a 12v12 format? Well look what cesspool you’ve created now. Someone is going to cry at the end as you have put an incentive to the mix. Regardless if it’s a tight match or if it’s an absolute steamroll, tears of varying magnitudes will be shed.
FACEIT has created an environment that solves nothing. Absolutely nothing. This does not have even the "security" aspect going for it. Bots aren’t as much of a problem as they used to be as players in casual are so much more educated now. Their next move will either seal the deal or is another TF2 "passion project" (take that how you will) that will crash down because of greed or alienation.
There has always been divisions on divisions with the playerbase. Casuals, competitive players, friendlies, highlander rejects, combo fuckbuddies... This platform only pleases those who have a fragile ego and no balls to sign up for an open league team for once.

Last edited:

Korpon

Something Wicked
kiwifarms.net
DasBoSchitt made a video in memory of Kitty after he had passed away, in which all money made from the ads of the video would go towards a leukemia research charity:

But he never made the donation, but in an update video later that year he explained it:

What happened was in 2014 he was officially self employed and YouTube money isn't taxed, so he underestimated how much money he had to pay in taxes to the IRS, resulting in him having to use all the money he had, including the donation money and borrowing from a friend to cover the taxes. Eventually however he did get the money for the donation and added an extra amount from himself.

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
People have described the latest bot wave as being 3 bot waves released at once. After seeing this video, I can see why:
Skip to 1:40.
Of all the things someone who can program bots would choose to do, how autistic of an obsession must you have with this game to choose to spam it every time?

Ultima Ratio Regum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's really a game where you've got to find the class and loadout that best fits you. I'd just say 45 minutes isn't enough to appreciate what the game has to offer.
The first 45 minutes of TF2 gameplay in casual gamemodes, if you don't have a more experienced friend or tutor to teach you the basics, mostly consist of dying and waiting to respawn. You might want to give it a little more time than that.