Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

kūhaku

The Stranger
kiwifarms.net
That would imply valve would ever release another comic, but a man can dream
A part of me wants them to release the final comic as a sendoff if they ever cut the servers, but with how much valve makes I doubt the servers cost enough to justify cutting their microtransaction profits down. Either way, the last comic for the main series is going to either never come, or take a few years when the playerbase is 90% bots.

• Optimistic
Reactions: big ol' idiot

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Scream Fortress XI has been released.
Scream Fortress XI has arrived!
  • Featuring 2 new community maps: Laughter and Precipice
  • Added the Spooky Spoils Case
    • Contains 22 new community-created cosmetic items that make-up the Spooky Spoils Collection
    • Has a chance to give one of 5 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
    • Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
  • Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
    • 12 new effects for Unusual hats
    • 8 new effects for Unusual taunts
  • All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
    • Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
    • Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
  • All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
  • Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Spooky Spoils Case
  • Continue last year's event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
  • All cases will grant Halloween 2019 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event
  • Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
  • Scream Fortress XI runs through November 7th, 2019
General
  • Fixed an overheal bug related to players teleporting to the underworld on Halloween maps
  • Fixed being able to attack players with the Short Circuit during a truce
  • Fixed the Snack Attack not playing a timer sound while attached to buildings
  • Updated Carnival of Carnage to fix an area where Engineers could build outside of the world
  • Updated several maps to fix localization issues
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files

big ol' idiot

Good luck finding me, I browse in incognito!
kiwifarms.net
Scream Fortress XI has been released.
Scream Fortress XI has arrived!
  • Featuring 2 new community maps: Laughter and Precipice
  • Added the Spooky Spoils Case
    • Contains 22 new community-created cosmetic items that make-up the Spooky Spoils Collection
    • Has a chance to give one of 5 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
    • Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
  • Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
    • 12 new effects for Unusual hats
    • 8 new effects for Unusual taunts
  • All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
    • Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
    • Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
  • All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
  • Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Spooky Spoils Case
  • Continue last year's event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
  • All cases will grant Halloween 2019 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event
  • Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
  • Scream Fortress XI runs through November 7th, 2019
General
  • Fixed an overheal bug related to players teleporting to the underworld on Halloween maps
  • Fixed being able to attack players with the Short Circuit during a truce
  • Fixed the Snack Attack not playing a timer sound while attached to buildings
  • Updated Carnival of Carnage to fix an area where Engineers could build outside of the world
  • Updated several maps to fix localization issues
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files
Finally, the localization files have been updated. Took them long enough

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's just my luck of the draw but lately Medics, Pyros, and Demomen have been dominating pub games where they are actually doing things like hitting pipes, reflects, and perfect strafing. Meanwhile it seems Scouts, Soldiers, and Engines feel easier to deal with as if all the mains who played them got dumber. Is it just me?

I dunno I feel like the nerfs to the above classes has finally sunk in and the playerbase to those classes (Demos and Pyros specifically) have been forced to become better as a result but that's just theory crafting. Either way those classes are kicking my ass which I'm not used to since usually dumbasses play them for spam.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Haunter

Approx. 59 Robins

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's just my luck of the draw but lately Medics, Pyros, and Demomen have been dominating pub games where they are actually doing things like hitting pipes, reflects, and perfect strafing. Meanwhile it seems Scouts, Soldiers, and Engines feel easier to deal with as if all the mains who played them got dumber. Is it just me?

I dunno I feel like the nerfs to the above classes has finally sunk in and the playerbase to those classes (Demos and Pyros specifically) have been forced to become better as a result but that's just theory crafting. Either way those classes are kicking my ass which I'm not used to since usually dumbasses play them for spam.
I think that's purely anecdotal - most Pyros that I'm seeing are still F2Ps that attempt to run at you from across the map with a backburner W+M1'ing.

big ol' idiot

Good luck finding me, I browse in incognito!
kiwifarms.net
I think that's purely anecdotal - most Pyros that I'm seeing are still F2Ps that attempt to run at you from across the map with a backburner W+M1'ing.
True, but I was baffled how fun and destructive pyro can be once you get the hang of airblasting and flaring. Also just going shotgun pyro works wonders, slightly slower but 175 HP and no afterburn makes you deadly as fuck

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Pyros, no. Otherwise, you're right. Amazing Demomen are so powerful they basically curb-stomp everything and break the game.

X-Shaped Weeaboo

Not another anime avatar!
kiwifarms.net
Pyros, no. Otherwise, you're right. Amazing Demomen are so powerful they basically curb-stomp everything and break the game.
I don't think I've ever been as struck dumb in a video game as I have been in a game with a Scottish Resistance Demoman that solo-defended last by himself with the damn thing.

People who are good at TF2 are madmen that I can't help but respect.

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever been as struck dumb in a video game as I have been in a game with a Scottish Resistance Demoman that solo-defended last by himself with the damn thing.

People who are good at TF2 are madmen that I can't help but respect.
Nigga, record that shit

Tags
None