Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

Silver Chariot

I don't care.
kiwifarms.net
I was gonna get back into the game in honor of Rick May's recent passing, but from what I'm reading, every casual server is infested with hackers. I can assume there are no good community servers left?

• Horrifying
Reactions: The Last Stand

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
I was gonna get back into the game in honor of Rick May's recent passing, but from what I'm reading, every casual server is infested with hackers. I can assume there are no good community servers left?
Other than 24/7 map specific RTD servers or classwars/trade, I don't think so. Those servers are usually dead around this time anyways

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Weird, it was fine when I last played. Servers were swarming with bored people due to the quarantine. Then again, I haven't been able to get on any computer except a shitty Chromebook because of a broken laptop for a few weeks, so what do I know?

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
Weird, it was fine when I last played. Servers were swarming with bored people due to the quarantine. Then again, I haven't been able to get on any computer except a shitty Chromebook because of a broken laptop for a few weeks, so what do I know?
Yeah I may still be wrong because I play every few days and sometimes I see the same servers decently populated or with less than half of what they usually have, it's not as consistent as before

big ol' idiot

Good luck finding me, I browse in incognito!
kiwifarms.net
check out creators, they have NA and EU servers and couple other places as well. No cheaters, community maps that aren't aids and no other community server bullshit.
Oh and also they release updates with new weapons that you can unlock with contracts

• Agree
Reactions: The Frippening

The Frippening

In The Court Of The Rainbow Lion
kiwifarms.net
check out creators, they have NA and EU servers and couple other places as well. No cheaters, community maps that aren't aids and no other community server bullshit.
Oh and also they release updates with new weapons that you can unlock with contracts
Creators.tf is absolutely the best casual TF2 community out there currently.

I have a question though. Do you know of any good MVM communities? I've been wanting to play an MVM game with skilled players.

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
There are some ways to get rid of hackers. Typically, they would play as aimbot snipers.

if he can't get kicked, then one of the effective ways to fight them is to use weapons that reduce damage and grant immunity to critical hits, including headshots. medic's vaccinator and soldier's battalion's backup are good examples.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
To expound upon this, TF2 and CS:GO's source code up until the Jungle Inferno and Operation Hydra updates was leaked by a former member of Lever Softworks, Tyler's private modding community server.

A quick rundown of events was that in this server, one person found the Source code floating around the Internet, but it was largely unknown to everyone. After this, said person got into a fight with one of the transgender modders on the server (yes, I shit you not, this is real) and was kicked for transphobic rhetoric, and out of spite he made this information public to the entire world.

Tyler is also currently doing massive damage control and calling everyone toxic now that Valve is probably ready to kick his door down and arrest him for fucking up two of their three biggest games; not only making Valve lose revenue from in-game sales, but losing all free advertising from people who played these games on YouTube.

1587571594712.png

1587573423274.png

EDIT:
https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingExuberantShallotTheThing?tt_medium=clips&tt_content=recommendation
Tyler "I'm not saying this was due to protecting a trans person, but it was totally due to protecting a trans person" McVicker everybody.

Last edited:

the autist of dojima

Six scoops
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Heres the source code magnet if someone wants to get their hopes and dreams destroyed/crash tf2 and csgo with no survivors

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:21dda6847dde983f2f8063739249d2d1d09a5dda&dn=April%2022nd%202020,%20random%20leaked%20shit.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

• Winner
Reactions: chimpSculpture_

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
If you have any valuable hats, now is probably the time to sell them. This could potentially lead to hackers being able to drop themselves items, and basically make all your items worthless.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Steam API code also leaked, alongside the source code for Valve's scrapped F-Stop game and two unreleased Half-Life episodes.

The API leaking is potentially even more damaging as just by being logged into Steam, you leave yourself at risk to having your account taken over by catbots, and leaving your account at risk of losing everything you own.

Even if this turns out to be false: to be on the safe side: set your profile to Private and then log off of Steam IMMEDIATELY if you haven't already done so, in order to stop this from happening; that's the most that anyone can do right now. No Source game as of now is safe.

• Informative
Reactions: chimpSculpture_

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
Heres the source code magnet if someone wants to get their hopes and dreams destroyed/crash tf2 and csgo with no survivors

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:21dda6847dde983f2f8063739249d2d1d09a5dda&dn=April%2022nd%202020,%20random%20leaked%20shit.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce
Thanks man, I stopped playing these games a while ago but I'm interested in reading through this stuff for programming research.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were just photoshops, but I'm gonna throw a bunch of images from the alleged exploits in here regardless. At least these hackers have a good sense of humour.
1587578074504.png
1587576663556m.jpg
1587578271775.png

TANK JESUS

getgetgetgetgotgotgotgot
kiwifarms.net
Thanks man, I stopped playing these games a while ago but I'm interested in reading through this stuff for programming research.

I wouldn't be surprised if these were just photoshops, but I'm gonna throw a bunch of images from the alleged exploits in here regardless. At least these hackers have a good sense of humour.
View attachment 1248272
View attachment 1248273
View attachment 1248274
2nd screenshot is shopped

1587583500988.png

sauce: https://old.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/g66vpv/some_guy_photoshopped_one_of_my_old_reddit_posts/

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
News about the source code leak. when i was updating CSGO on my steam, i checked the news on it and it seems that valve is aware of the situation and is looking to fix whats going on.

“We have reviewed the leaked code and believe it to be a reposting of a limited CS:GO engine code depot released to partners in late 2017, and originally leaked in 2018. From this review, we have not found any reason for players to be alarmed or avoid the current builds (as always, playing on the official servers is recommended for greatest security). We will continue to investigate the situation and will update news outlets and players if we find anything to prove otherwise. In the meantime, if anyone has more information about the leak, the Valve security page describes how best to report that information.”

Valve also shared this update via CS:GO’s Twitter profile.

Tags
None