Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

chimpSculpture_

kiwifarms.net
This leak isn't really that bad for CS:GO but is a massive deal for TF2.

The code-base probably hasn't changed much since Jungle Inferno (if it has it hasn't been by any significant difference), this leak originates from that time-period so it's likely that any exploits found in this will still work on the modern day build of the game.
Valve might not even patch any new exploits that spring up unless they're RCE. The whole branch is spaghetti code with dog shit mixed in. Because of how old it is and how many people have worked on it no one wants to work on the code-base.

tbh I don't think it's Tyler's fault, whoever the leaker is seemed to have had a fucking mega tantrum which is somewhat loosely linked to him.

Tho it is fun to imagine it being his fault

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
guys. valve gave the OK. it's safe to play TF2 and CSGO now.

"Well the Moment has passed. Back to work!" -The Spy

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
hey guys. remember the heavy infinite health exploit from the jungle inferno update that got patched? hey @vertexwindi and @Y2K Baby you shoudl look at this. this was the original exploit fromthe jungle inferno update 2 years ago. uploaded by delfy

apparently, Sin and Delfy uploaded a video of another way to do it. this video is Sin's (he advertises something at the beginning btw)

the exploit was patched btw.

also. look at this tweet from tf2's twitter https://twitter.com/Dev_TF2/status/1255043864257159169

tf2twitterDelfy.png

"Delfy really is the only reason TF2 gets updated" -TF2 developers and Valve

Last edited:

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

AnaV

Unavailable for a long, long time.
kiwifarms.net
I’d play more TF2, but my computer is from 2014 and now the game just periodically lags my system out, same reason I can’t play Black Mesa anymore.

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
TBH im fine with valve putting TF2 on hold, the game is fine as it is, the community has picked up the paces for maps and custom weapons. Most weapons are balanced fine (or shit but that's better then OP)
Not really, some weapons are overpowered or superior to stock in almost every situation (Like the Wrangler, the Powerjack and the Ubersaw) and some are specifically broken in sixes (Like the Disciplinary Action and the Vaccinator), but those sorts of weapons are the minority, thankfully.

big ol' idiot

Good luck finding me, I browse in incognito!
kiwifarms.net
Not really, some weapons are overpowered or superior to stock in almost every situation (Like the Wrangler, the Powerjack and the Ubersaw) and some are specifically broken in sixes (Like the Disciplinary Action and the Vaccinator), but those sorts of weapons are the minority, thankfully.
I see those weapons as stock should be and they're more fun anyway. Those youtube faggots need to fuck off with calling every fun weapon OP just so valve can nerf them into being useless.

also
>sixes

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
I see those weapons as stock should be and they're more fun anyway. Those youtube faggots need to fuck off with calling every fun weapon OP just so valve can nerf them into being useless.
The problem is some of those weapons just completely outclass every other weapon in their slot, so you end up having the choice of either running the obligatory meta weapon, or crippling yourself with a weaker option. I wouldn't mind some of the worst offenders getting nerfed slightly, if mostly to make other weapons viable in the process.

also
>sixes
Trust me, I hate sixes too, and competitive TF2 in general - I don't play this game to play the same handful of 5CP and KOTH maps over and over again with the same team composition of 2 scouts/2 soliders/1 medic/1 demo. Then again, pretty much every competitive mulitplayer game has a ridiculously stagnant meta.

Austrian Conscript 1915

133 days in Przemysl
kiwifarms.net
tf2 isn't dead but comp being added did try to force a leg into the grave.

Also I know random crits is a normie meme but I genuinely do like them and think they should stay.
the problem with TF2 comp is that it's not supported by valve. I've heard many overwatch comp players say that they would play tf2 instead but there's no incentive; they can't make a living on it

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
rust me, I hate sixes too, and competitive TF2 in general - I don't play this game to play the same handful of 5CP and KOTH maps over and over again with the same team composition of 2 scouts/2 soliders/1 medic/1 demo. Then again, pretty much every competitive mulitplayer game has a ridiculously stagnant meta.
Wasn't there a 9v9 format with each team having one of each class?

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there a 9v9 format with each team having one of each class?
Yeah, 9v9 (AKA Highlander) exists, but it has it's own issues. The main issue being class balance - the victor can often be determined by whichever team gets the better Sniper. Plus, being forced to run a Heavy against a good sniper/spy, or Engineer against a good demo is rather painful.

• Agree
Reactions: Basil II

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
tf2 isn't dead but comp being added did try to force a leg into the grave.

Also I know random crits is a normie meme but I genuinely do like them and think they should stay.
Random Crits are literally the fucking best and aren't even random - there is a decent size ramp up for crits and it's tied to recent player damage/skill/etc. It's a genius way to prevent stalemates and long protracted battles where both teams have a medic/dispenser handy.

If you want two boring teams shooting each other's gigantic health pools, play overwatch.

Tags
None