Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

kūhaku

I've become bored of a world like that.
kiwifarms.net
Random Crits are literally the fucking best and aren't even random - there is a decent size ramp up for crits and it's tied to recent player damage/skill/etc. It's a genius way to prevent stalemates and long protracted battles where both teams have a medic/dispenser handy.

If you want two boring teams shooting each other's gigantic health pools, play overwatch.
People who complain about random crits are part of a bigger problem of competitive elitists. They believe the entire game should be balanced 100% around competitive, and competitive settings and rulesets (random spread, random crits) should be turned off in casual games. These are the same people who call tons of weapons "garbage" and trash on people who use them even if it's for fun (you've probably come across someone like this, think "black box is a crutch"). The whole idea that they should have more of an opinion in the game than you because they're experienced or play competitive just boils my blood and further makes me side with casual players. Not only that, but those who think 6v6 is the purest form of tf2 are faggots because you're excluding almost half the playable classes simply because they don't fit in your specific hyper aggressive gamemode. I remember when I did actually pay attention to competitive, I only watched Highlander on payload. 9v9, one of every class, felt so much better, like how the game was meant to be played.

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind if random crits were removed, but I'm not going to cry over their presence. It's rather frustrating when your killstreak gets cut short because pablo.fernandez.2011's minigun bullets decided to go shiny and kill you from across the map, but it's also satisfying when you get a multikill thanks to a crocket, so it's a give and take.
Granted, the community servers I play on have random crits disabled, so I'm rather used to not having them, but I don't exactly miss not having them around.

think "black box is a crutch"
Black Box/Conch/Escape Plan is 100% the "I think I'm hot shit, but can't keep myself alive without a pocket 24/7" loadout, and nothing you can say will prove otherwise.

A Friendly Hoovy

It costs $400,000 to ooperate for twelve seconds
kiwifarms.net
I mostly play CTF and meme (anyone up for a full team of fat scouts?) but all I want Valve to do is buff some of the useless weapons (*cough cough* caber) to where I can use them at least semi-consistently. Then they could mostly leave the game alone, and I'd be happy.

Edit: also, if they could fix Demo's melees so they go through teammates, that's be great.

Reactions: Haunter

Y2K Baby

The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People who complain about random crits are part of a bigger problem of competitive elitists. They believe the entire game should be balanced 100% around competitive, and competitive settings and rulesets (random spread, random crits) should be turned off in casual games. These are the same people who call tons of weapons "garbage" and trash on people who use them even if it's for fun (you've probably come across someone like this, think "black box is a crutch"). The whole idea that they should have more of an opinion in the game than you because they're experienced or play competitive just boils my blood and further makes me side with casual players. Not only that, but those who think 6v6 is the purest form of tf2 are faggots because you're excluding almost half the playable classes simply because they don't fit in your specific hyper aggressive gamemode. I remember when I did actually pay attention to competitive, I only watched Highlander on payload. 9v9, one of every class, felt so much better, like how the game was meant to be played.
Mad because bad.

• Agree
Reactions: kūhaku

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
the problem with TF2 comp is that it's not supported by valve. I've heard many overwatch comp players say that they would play tf2 instead but there's no incentive; they can't make a living on it
It's not supported by Valve in-game either, they just added it and nearly killed the game by nuking options. I don't care about Valve putting money in for comp when they clearly don't give a shit and would rather push DOTA2.

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
They wouldn't have nuked community servers if they weren't trying to force comp, you retard.
Don't know why you're so mad when I didn't disagree with you at all and my entire point was that they added it and haven't touched it since.

Basil II

my dimension is augmented
kiwifarms.net
I used to have this opinion but tbh most comp types are really chill and just prefer it because it's fun. There's definitely spergs like b4nny tho.

>I only watched Highlander on payload. 9v9, one of every class, felt so much better
scout being cart bitch, just as god intended.

The problem about comp is that every uncle tom on youtube said it was the feature that would save TF2.
Even at the time I thought it was fucking stupid but it was the one time valve listened to "the community" so that's never happening again.
valve's definition of "the community" is fucking /r/tf2

Billy Rocker

Kill Count: Two autistic kids and a tranny
kiwifarms.net
You could actually say the same for all other Valve games and even Steam itself. Reddit and Valve have gone hand in hand ever since 2013 with the PC master race meme being taken too fucking seriously

• Agree
Reactions: Thiletonomics

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
I remember the massive butthurt from the steam forums, facepunch and pretty much every community when valve released two special hats for a secret reddit tournament or something back in 2012.
Had I been a modder or the like I would have been pissed as all hell.

Reactions: Beelzebub's Gate
Seeing this game degenerate in real time was heartbreaking.

Back before all the class updates and free weekends you actually had a healthy but fairly small and insulated community, everyone knew each other and fun times were had. Then the first free weekend arrived and with it the bane of all communities: the 12 year olds. Kids screaming into bottom shelf mics and griefing when things didn't go their way.

Then the class updates started rolling around with gimmick weapons and while the Kritzkrieg was a fine addition everyone lost their mind when the pyro got the Backburner. But even that was okay, compared to the truckload of hats/weapons/whatever that came out each month with every big release game, "Buy this game and get X for TF2." And when the game finally went free those who actually bought it back then got a free hat, thanks gaben.

The game also got progressively worse performance-wise as time went on, not only effects got removed they somehow slowly degraded the average frame rate, not to mention there were weapons that,when they came out, could crash the server because they had so many particles the Tower of Ducttape could not handle it, oh and naturally every major update screwed up the spy backstab hitbox.

I don't know what game got whored out as much as TF2. I don't play a lot of Dota2 but i know its full of "cosmetics" too, but then again it's also a Valve game.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
Seeing this game degenerate in real time was heartbreaking.

Back before all the class updates and free weekends you actually had a healthy but fairly small and insulated community, everyone knew each other and fun times were had. Then the first free weekend arrived and with it the bane of all communities: the 12 year olds. Kids screaming into bottom shelf mics and griefing when things didn't go their way.

Then the class updates started rolling around with gimmick weapons and while the Kritzkrieg was a fine addition everyone lost their mind when the pyro got the Backburner. But even that was okay, compared to the truckload of hats/weapons/whatever that came out each month with every big release game, "Buy this game and get X for TF2." And when the game finally went free those who actually bought it back then got a free hat, thanks gaben.

The game also got progressively worse performance-wise as time went on, not only effects got removed they somehow slowly degraded the average frame rate, not to mention there were weapons that,when they came out, could crash the server because they had so many particles the Tower of Ducttape could not handle it, oh and naturally every major update screwed up the spy backstab hitbox.

I don't know what game got whored out as much as TF2. I don't play a lot of Dota2 but i know its full of "cosmetics" too, but then again it's also a Valve game.
The DOTA 2 community also started noticing how Valve is whoring out their game too in terms of the cosmetics, with things such as DOTA+, a subscription service that provides additional features and was even said by Valve to be "the future of Battle Passes", being left by the way side, similarly to TF2. Not to mention that this year's Battle Pass for The International (which was postponed to next year due to Corona-chan) is much more aggressive in terms of making people want to hand over money to get features of it, i.e. some of the spammable voice lines being locked away at Level 1000+, which you don't even keep after the Battle Pass period is over.

I do wonder why TF2's competitors didn't really push forward to try to get TF2 players to play their games instead. Overwatch is in a whatever it's called state right now, with the forced E-Sport aspect of it crashing and burning. Paladins is still a buggy mess that Hi-Rez could pull a Hi-Rez and leave it by the wayside, like how they did with Realm Royale, Global Agenda, and Tribes Ascent. Valorant, while it is class-based, still appears to be more of a CSGO competitor, and the same can be said about Rainbow6 Siege. Battleborn and LawBreakers are both dead.

Last edited:
Tags
None