Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

Thiletonomics

SPOOPY RICE
kiwifarms.net
assumed you meant "fun isn't a criteria" /v/ likes to spout when it's discussing a game which their hivemind considers "shit".
shit games can still be fun, and that's literally all that matters. who cares if you got the perfect game that isn't fun?

Is that "fun isn't a criteria" argument based on Mr. Neil "We don't use the word fun" Drunkmann?

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Is that "fun isn't a criteria" argument based on Mr. Neil "We don't use the word fun" Drunkmann?
predates it by a few years, I actually thought the statement was fake and cooked up by a /v/-tard when I saw it. I get what he was trying to say and he wasn't necessarily entirely wrong, but given how tlou2 turned out I'm not surprised he's just a pretentious idiot.

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
"Fun is when you have nothing better to say about a game!"
t.Anon

that's fake fun, all artificial and shit. truth is you didn't really have fun. you just think you did.
legit argument I once read.

games are not for fun.gif

get_ur_gamon

FLY MY PRETTIES, FLY!
kiwifarms.net
TF2 has become so tedious to play I can only tolerate it with tons of shitty plugins. Vanilla is just too frustrating.

Does anyone else enjoy playing on Delfy's class war server?
Failing that, do you have a favourite community game mode / modded version?

reesekhalil

kiwifarms.net
TF2 has become so tedious to play I can only tolerate it with tons of shitty plugins. Vanilla is just too frustrating.

Does anyone else enjoy playing on Delfy's class war server?
Failing that, do you have a favourite community game mode / modded version?
Try Tf2classic it makes it simple again

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
Valve has finally updated the game again, adding Summer cosmetics as per usual.
  • Added the Summer 2021 Cosmetic Case
    • Contains 18 new community-contributed items
    • Adds 6 new community-created Unusual effects
  • Numerous security and stability improvements
  • Added a cooldown before a player can create a vote when they join a match already in-progress
    • sv_vote_late_join_time controls the grace period after the match starts before the cooldown is applied: default 90 secs
    • sv_vote_late_join_cooldown controls the length of the cooldown: default 5 min
  • Kick votes will end early and automatically pass if the vote target leaves the match during the vote
  • Added a ConVar to control players changing their name during a match
    • tf_allow_player_name_change: default is 1
    • Matchmaking servers will set this to 0
  • Updated the player list in the vote-kick dialog to show the time each player has been connected to the server
  • Removed the disconnect reason from the message when players leave the server
  • Updated the Mann vs. Machine "inspect" command to only work for players in your party or in your Friends list
  • Moved materials for community particle effects into the Effects/workshop sub-folder to distinguish them from Valve materials
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files
  • Updated cp_snakewater_final1
    • Fixed clipping throughout map
    • Fixed explosion splash being caught by objects throughout map
    • Made movement smoother throughout map
    • Reworked some problematic areas like the kitchen
    • Minor visual enhancements throughout the map
  • Updated cp_process
    • Fixed incorrect skin for the Red radio tower
BUT! This update came with an unexpected twist!
1624410176409.png

For now, the bots have completely vanished from Casual. It may not be permanent, so if you've been taking a break until the bot situation was resolved in ANY way, now's your chance to jump back in.

Spasticus Autisticus

kiwifarms.net
I somehow got the itch to play TF2 again after years of not playing. Soon remembered why I stopped playing. At some point Valve just stopped caring about class balance and counters and just started adding any old shit into the game. So fun when your team has 4 Demos and they’re all Demoknights. Casual.tf was fun for a bit but it got picked up by some YouTubers and invaded by children who weren’t even born when TF2 came out, and their anti-cheat isn’t as ironclad as they say it is. TF2 Classic isn’t bad but the only active servers are nocrits and my ping sucks for some weird reason.

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
Not that impressive, I first played it the fall when it was first released in 2007, albeit on 360, not PC, but I first played it on PC in 2010.
Most of the people I know that play TF2 have been playing for at MINIMUM 5-6 years. A good chunk are 8-9 such as myself and some even older. 10 is not as uncommon as it sounds with this game

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
10 years would be the people who played it when it became f2p coinciding with Meet the Medic. I remember how salty the veterans were when that became a thing. So yeah, Happy Anniversary.

t. Also played it since 2011

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
10 years would be the people who played it when it became f2p coinciding with Meet the Medic. I remember how salty the veterans were when that became a thing. So yeah, Happy Anniversary.

t. Also played it since 2011
I guess it makes sense but it's kind of odd to me because I so associate the game with the zeitgeist of 2007, 2008 and 2009, which was before it went f2p.

I have played it since 2011, unfortunately I don't think I've played it since 2015, which is a while.

Spermatozoa

professional swimmer
kiwifarms.net
I guess it makes sense but it's kind of odd to me because I so associate the game with the zeitgeist of 2007, 2008 and 2009, which was before it went f2p.

I have played it since 2011, unfortunately I don't think I've played it since 2015, which is a while.

Firing it up now- what server do yall fancy?

Dom Cruise

Spooky!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One thing I forgot to mention, the game already felt a bit old when Meet The Spy came out, so to think that was just before the game was really getting started by going f2p is odd to me.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Everyone who plays TF2 has been playing forever.

The game has arguably the worst new player experience out of all video games ever created, no real community to speak of, gigantic unfixed glaring issues, and is basically dead. There's no fucking chance that new players are suddenly going to flock to TF2, leaving only the "old players" as the community.