Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
In other less important news Delfy recently exposed an exploit to his audience that allows you to see invisible spies. Some spy mains are currently losing their shit over it.
I like that delfy got so much shit over showing off exploits and the guy went right back to it under the "valve pls fix (but don't so I get views)" thing and makes fun of them, but then is surprised when they don't fix anything

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
In other less important news Delfy recently exposed an exploit to his audience that allows you to see invisible spies. Some spy mains are currently losing their shit over it.
Is it the same exploit used by the bots? Or do they just use server info

XMassAllYearRound

Christmas > Halloween
kiwifarms.net
Is it the same exploit used by the bots? Or do they just use server info
Neither, this is actually quite an old exploit starting demos on the client side, here are a couple of videos from 2016:
You are able to see spies whenever you start a demo because the way the game is coded demands that each entity starts pre-rendering from 0.3 to 0.8 seconds before starting. The command to start the exploit itself is simply "record [demo_name];stop" (Which you can exploit over and over by binding it), this causes for a demo to start and stop immediately, allowing you to see spies for a couple of frames, however if you want to see spies for the full 0.8 seconds you can use "record [demo_name]; wait; wait; wait; stop".

On a personal note I don't recommend doing this and everyone complaining about this is making a mountain out of a molehill. The reason for this is when I say all entities start pre-rendering I mean ALL entities, including yourself and if you're moving each frame you move generates an entity causing absurd amounts of lag that freezes you into place for a couple of seconds, making this absolutely fucking useless mid-fight.

The only real practical use I found (And indeed the one you will see in most videos) is by acting as spy bait hanging in the back like an unmoving sentry and using the command over and over to check when a spy is coming, which by itself is not even that useful these days as most spies just use the kunai + Dead ringer to kill people in front of everyone and get away with it using the speed, health and damage resistance buffs provided by both weapons.

Unyielding Stupidity

i will become back my money
kiwifarms.net
To be honest, outside of Valve handing over development and maintenance of TF2 to a third-party developer, I don't think the game's current sorry state will ever be repaired.

Valve's internal structure means that developers can choose to work on whatever active projects they want, and few want to work on fixing and maintaining a less popular game (At least compared to CS:GO and DOTA 2 in terms of player counts) that's filled with over a decade of spaghetti code.

Funny Guy

He's a Funny Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
22C41487-44E3-4113-9F9B-D7C38D131D17.jpeg

Yo?
Yooooo?

(I’m not expecting anything to come of this but the glimmer of hope is nice to see)

Unconcerned Drifter

kiwifarms.net
Open Fortress posted same info on their twitter. Could be a release on steam, ports to new branch of source or something else.
Valve gave out new Source engine branch to some devs, Tripmine Studios (Operation Black Mesa and Guard Duty devs), Prospekt dev, and other people, the same branch that got leaked with TF2 and CSGO code in it. TF2C and OF are on Source SDK Base 2013 branch right now.
Interesting to see if this this ordeal also includes Pre Fortress 2 and TF2 Vintage. And if Team Comtress is affected by it, heard from "someone's" stream that this project went private for something.

Funny Guy

He's a Funny Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When is Null gonna make a TF2 server? Even if it's the current Valve release, I'd play the shit out of that with some Kiwis.
He talked about it recently here. He makes a good point but there's still plenty of servers that aren't run by troons or any bullshit like that. Hell, /v/ hosts every weekend and they're doing fine. Plus its not like valve ever takes down servers, they're barley even touching the game as it is. Correct me if I'm wrong but there's like 1-2 people working on it lol. I'm fairly certain if he hosted there wouldn't be any problems or atleast any I can think of. Playing with other kiwis sounds really fun and I think he should give it a shot. *ahem* @Null

Tour of Italy

Spooky, scary spaghetti.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine exposing your steam account to the kiwifarms. That's like asking for an instant lynching session.

Keep it private.
TF2 is free.

Make a new steam account with a burner email.

No one cares about your hat/gun collection, you can leave that shit behind.
Imagine being too stupid to figure this out and also too stupid to read two posts down.

Burgerasssand

kiwifarms.net
new update added snakes to the water in snakewater, is nice.
1631839611229.png

Also, the game has been updated so that it will automatically delete the temp folder when you disconnect from a server, is where sprays from other players are stored. Remember to backup any sprays you wanna save before you launch/update tf2.
SteamApps>common>Team Fortress 2>tf>materials>temp

Last edited:

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
new update added snakes to the water in snakewater, is nice.View attachment 2544856
Also, the game has been updated so that it will automatically delete the temp folder when you disconnect from a server, is where sprays from other players are stored. Remember to backup any sprays you wanna save before you launch/update tf2.
Disabling custom sprays by default is a shit decision. Change my mind.

Funny Guy

He's a Funny Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
new update added snakes to the water in snakewater, is nice.View attachment 2544856

Whoever fucking made these is actually exceptional btw. The polycount is so absurdly high and you could achieve an IDENTICAL look with 2 more minutes of work by just WAY lowering the poly count, and shading it smooth. there is zero reason a model that small needs that high of a poly count.
1631902839138.png

1631902851869.png

Adding insult to injury, those fucking eyes are somehow worse btw.
There is more fucking polygons in its eyes which take up one pixel of your screen (or zero if you aren't noclipping), then on the fucking playermodels
1631902924386.png

thank you valve very cool

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
Whoever fucking made these is actually exceptional btw. The polycount is so absurdly high and you could achieve an IDENTICAL look with 2 more minutes of work by just WAY lowering the poly count, and shading it smooth. there is zero reason a model that small needs that high of a poly count.
View attachment 2546074
View attachment 2546075

There is more fucking polygons in its eyes which take up one pixel of your screen (or zero if you aren't noclipping), then on the fucking playermodels
View attachment 2546077

They probably weren't made by an actual 3d modeler.

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2546074
View attachment 2546075

View attachment 2546077

They probably weren't made by an actual 3d modeler.
For anyone who does hammer, the snakes aren’t even props, they’re power of 3 displacements. Decompile snakewater to see for yourself