Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

8ball

kiwifarms.net
Hello my weak weary friends the server is up and running, the ip is tf.hotpot.hk. Weapon reverts have been added to make most weapons usable now, information on that below. Any map ideas, plugins, or other suggestions would be much appreciated. Inshallah

Attachments

• 1632694062407.png
    1632694062407.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 42

Funny Guy

He's a Funny Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We already have it up we just need to work out the map selection and plugins, and find enough players. 23.88.33.175:27015 is the ip but its still a WIP
Based. Wonder if you could get jersh to shout it out?

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
hey guys. so i was checking out my inventory a couple days ago and it had a bunch of old crates, so i decided to spend like 10 or 20 dollars to open some and maybe sell any spares on the market. and this came out of one of them.

1632849289289.png

holy shit. this is the first time i opened a crate and an unusual came out. This is worth $25 on the market.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
hey guys. so i was checking out my inventory a couple days ago and it had a bunch of old crates, so i decided to spend like 10 or 20 dollars to open some and maybe sell any spares on the market. and this came out of one of them.

View attachment 2577599

holy shit. this is the first time i opened a crate and an unusual came out. This is worth $25 on the market.
Unusuals ruined the game since their inception. They should have been rewards of a functioning ranked mode, not a 0.1 percent chance from a crate.

The consoomers makes this worse.

I would gladly kill off the TF2 economy for a full overhaul of the game + rerelease and polish of old updates such as an expanded End of the Line and Invasion updates.

Also, use dailies and weeklies of the same format as Gun Mettle to reintroduce trading.

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
Unusuals ruined the game since their inception. They should have been rewards of a functioning ranked mode, not a 0.1 percent chance from a crate.

The consoomers makes this worse.

I would gladly kill off the TF2 economy for a full overhaul of the game + rerelease and polish of old updates such as an expanded End of the Line and Invasion updates.

Also, use dailies and weeklies of the same format as Gun Mettle to reintroduce trading.
man the invasion update was one of the best TF2 community updates of all time. they had the best cosmetics and weapon reskins in the game.

like the galactic headhunter sniper and the shooting star. thats the best cosmetic set for the sniper. it's my avatar of choice here on the forum

1632884914119.png

it also introduced player destruction. which is one of my favorite gamemodes.

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
man the invasion update was one of the best TF2 community updates of all time. they had the best cosmetics and weapon reskins in the game.

like the galactic headhunter sniper and the shooting star. thats the best cosmetic set for the sniper. it's my avatar of choice here on the forum

View attachment 2579293

it also introduced player destruction. which is one of my favorite gamemodes.
I found it underwhelming mainly because of the reskinned maps. Player Destruction is cool if Valve would develop more (good) maps for it. Also, as you expect, the cosmetics are from crates, so fuck that.

And at the very least bot support for fucks sake.

Meet Your Match is still the worst update, next to the Mannconomy update.

Extremely Online Guy

kiwifarms.net
Every community update was bad.

- Robotic boogaloo saturated the hat market with a bunch of garbage robot hats on top of more eyesore inducing unusual effects
- End of the Line was incomplete and overhyped. Instead of adding new weapons and Snowplow, Valve made it a pay to play duck collecting competition
- Invasion was a disaster in which two spergs wanted the majority of profits and completely ruined the future of community updates

Invasion Update Thread

WULULULULU

kiwifarms.net
Every community update was bad.

- Robotic boogaloo saturated the hat market with a bunch of garbage robot hats on top of more eyesore inducing unusual effects
- End of the Line was incomplete and overhyped. Instead of adding new weapons and Snowplow, Valve made it a pay to play duck collecting competition
- Invasion was a disaster in which two spergs wanted the majority of profits and completely ruined the future of community updates

Invasion Update Thread
Valve should have gotten the idea from the community (instead of giving it to them entirely) and made their revision from it. All would have gone well had Valve stopped giving them the wheel of the game and just made their version of it.

Sulla

Speak not the Watchers
kiwifarms.net
Is this happening, am I really going to come back to tf2 for a good server?

Tom Nook's Gloryhole

kiwifarms.net
Can't seem to connect because it says map is missing. I'm exceptional and this is my first time connecting to servers via the console though.

Nevermind I'm actually exceptional and didn't realise I needed to install the map myself, I thought it downloaded it from the server like in the past.

Last edited: