Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
When does Scream Fortress start this year?
Last year it was somewhat later in the day on the 1st, so I'm hopeful it will come out by tomorrow. Hope it's today though. It would really suck if they go back to starting it around Oct. 26th like the old scream fortresses, but maybe the trend of the last 2 years is a good sign

StoneKnightMan

EVIL HITLER WHORE
kiwifarms.net
the scream fortress update has landed!

Team Fortress 2 Update Released

October 5, 2021 - TF2 Team​

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

Scream Fortress XIII has arrived!

• Featuring 6 new community maps: Farmageddon, Sinthetic, Los Muertos, Erebus, Terror, and Graveyard
  • Added the Crimson Cache Case
    • Contains 20 new community-created cosmetic items that make up the Crimson Cache Collection
    • Has a chance to give one of 5 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
    • Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
  • Added 28 new community-created Unusual effects
    • 15 new effects for Unusual hats
    • 13 new effects for Unusual taunts
  • Added the Scream Fortress XIII War Paint Case
    • Contains 13 new community-created War Paints that make-up the Scream Fortress XIII War Paint Collection
    • Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
  • All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
    • Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
    • Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
  • All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
  • Added new Contracts for this year's featured community maps
  • Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Crimson Cache Case or Scream Fortress XIII War Paint Case
  • Continue last year's event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
  • All cosmetic and taunt Cases will grant Halloween 2021 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event. This does not include Crates.
  • Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
  • Scream Fortress XIII runs through November 7th, 2021
General
  • Fixed being able to remove name/description tags from a couple of the stock items
  • Added ConVar "tf_delete_temp_files" to control custom player sprays and other temp files being deleted on shutdown
    • Can be toggled in the Advanced Options dialog
    • Default is to delete the temp files
  • Updated Bat Outta Hell to fix an issue with the materials
  • Updated koth_slasher
    • Reduced round timer to 6 minutes
    • Removed truces from Merasmus and Monoculus events
    • Fixed an exploit where players could get behind the Otherworld's cabin and attack unsuspecting players
    • Fixed a series of hairline perches in the yards
    • Fixed a pair of visible nodraw entities outside of the spawns
    • Fixed an exploit where players using the Minify spell could hide in the caves
    • Added a strange rustling over there in the woods... ?
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files

Conquistador

kiwifarms.net
28 new unusual effects??? Holy fuck, there have got to be more Halloween and Christmas effects than other ones now. And ugly too. I remember the early Halloween effects were subtle, like a regular looking cloud effect with a moon that occasionally changes to a skull. Now it's undertale skeletons dancing under a discoball.

XMassAllYearRound

Christmas > Halloween
kiwifarms.net
I started doing the contracts for the new maps today and I would be really surprised if I was told nobody else got stuck at arena_graveyard (lumeryard_event). They should really look into lowering the amount of kills required, each round you only get about one or two as enemies get picked by your teammates and the point in the middle is almost never captured as almost everyone is dead by the time it gets activated.
On that note I think Erebus and Horror are trash (Erebus being the worst one I've played so far) I still don't get how they screen the maps.

kūhaku

from the outside looking in
kiwifarms.net
I started doing the contracts for the new maps today and I would be really surprised if I was told nobody else got stuck at arena_graveyard (lumeryard_event). They should really look into lowering the amount of kills required, each round you only get about one or two as enemies get picked by your teammates and the point in the middle is almost never captured as almost everyone is dead by the time it gets activated.
On that note I think Erebus and Horror are trash (Erebus being the worst one I've played so far) I still don't get how they screen the maps.
Los muertos is mediocre, Erebus is horrible, I had a pleasant experience on farmageddon, Graveyard sucks (though that’s mostly because it’s arena with spells, arena in casual no less), Sinthetic was alright but mostly forgettable, and Terror was fine. The contract experience is much easier when playing with friends, I often find we knock out the entire contract in 1-2 rounds since points are shared. My only gripe with group contracts is that contracts are in locked orders, which makes coordinating maps with people a pain since you’ll inevitably have to redo maps, and if you want to get the contracts done sometimes you have to redo some of the more unsavory maps. It’s not a massive problem though, I’m mostly just having fun playing in the Halloween spirit, made sure to get some fun Halloween sets for my mercs too.
Further fueled my cosmetic addiction and opened some new crates, to no avail in my quest for a new unusual. It’s fine though, since most of the hats from this crate are ugly anyways, and I got everything else I wanted.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak!
kiwifarms.net
Los muertos is mediocre, Erebus is horrible, I had a pleasant experience on farmageddon, Graveyard sucks (though that’s mostly because it’s arena with spells, arena in casual no less), Sinthetic was alright but mostly forgettable, and Terror was fine. The contract experience is much easier when playing with friends, I often find we knock out the entire contract in 1-2 rounds since points are shared. My only gripe with group contracts is that contracts are in locked orders, which makes coordinating maps with people a pain since you’ll inevitably have to redo maps, and if you want to get the contracts done sometimes you have to redo some of the more unsavory maps. It’s not a massive problem though, I’m mostly just having fun playing in the Halloween spirit, made sure to get some fun Halloween sets for my mercs too.
Further fueled my cosmetic addiction and opened some new crates, to no avail in my quest for a new unusual. It’s fine though, since most of the hats from this crate are ugly anyways, and I got everything else I wanted.
>Unboxing crates
The fuck is wrong with you.

Extremely Online Guy

Um... you're Chinese.
kiwifarms.net
They really dropped the ball cosmetics-wise. Most of the shit added is rehashed ideas from already existing cosmetics. The corpse carrier is probably the most egregious one. I know that the TF art style has been murdered 10 times over since Mann-conomy, but it seems like Valve really doesn't want to respect hitbox readability anymore. More incentive to install the no hats mod.

corpse.JPG

This isn't Halloween restricted btw.

Derpman123

You talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded
kiwifarms.net
They really dropped the ball cosmetics-wise. Most of the shit added is rehashed ideas from already existing cosmetics. The corpse carrier is probably the most egregious one. I know that the TF art style has been murdered 10 times over since Mann-conomy, but it seems like Valve really doesn't want to respect hitbox readability anymore. More incentive to install the no hats mod.

View attachment 2601947
This isn't Halloween restricted btw.
That's going to fuck with so many people. I hope the fake scout doesn't have a hitbox.

John "Jane" Doe

Approximately four thousand dead clones of me!
kiwifarms.net
I didn't realize how bad the bot problem had gotten was until I started trying to play some halloween maps, I usually screw around on community servers. I hadn't played casual in a while. I know I'm late but entire servers were just filling with bots. It's a shame.
Scream Fortress casual servers are unplayable because of the bot problem. This is also my first time playing Scream Fortress, so I'm pretty disappointed. :(

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love Scream Fortress, but hate everything about the Carnival of Carnage map. Just got it out of the way.

Geoff Peterson

kiwifarms.net
Hello my weak weary friends the server is up and running, the ip is tf.hotpot.hk. Weapon reverts have been added to make most weapons usable now, information on that below. Any map ideas, plugins, or other suggestions would be much appreciated. Inshallah
Those reverts are nice. I miss when the Loch would just outright delete scouts.
As for maps I'd just say Hightower. It's the TF2 equivalent to being hooked up to a machine that jerks you off in perpetuity.

XMassAllYearRound

Christmas > Halloween
kiwifarms.net
Apparently, bots are DDosing the servers.
They have been doing it since saturday if my experience this weekend is worth anything.
People are also saying that they're using lagbots but that's not the case, they're most likely using a rented botnet or loic or some shit, you can have a game completely bot free and still get DDOS'ed.