Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
All Medic mains are either women or "women". Hope your transition's going well then, I guess.
I ended up 'maining' (I really just like playing whatever) medic because absolutely no one wants to play medic. It eventually became satisfying because there's a lot to playing one without dying to the first serious attempt to kill you. Being able to juggle avoiding dives, healing your allies, and timing ubers used to be pretty fun.

Also its hilarious to annoy the other team enough that they start sending suicide dive bombing soldiers and demomen at you or at one point outright ask me to stop playing on a server because I was ruining their fun. ..I'm not even that good but I still remember that quite fondly.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak! Broke Dick Ed.
kiwifarms.net
I ended up 'maining' (I really just like playing whatever) medic because absolutely no one wants to play medic. It eventually became satisfying because there's a lot to playing one without dying to the first serious attempt to kill you. Being able to juggle avoiding dives, healing your allies, and timing ubers used to be pretty fun.

Also its hilarious to annoy the other team enough that they start sending suicide dive bombing soldiers and demomen at you or at one point outright ask me to stop playing on a server because I was ruining their fun. ..I'm not even that good but I still remember that quite fondly.
Medic: The class everyone likes but no one wants to play. Never knew the statement from Honest Trailers still rings true to this day.

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
Medic: The class everyone likes but no one wants to play. Never knew the statement from Honest Trailers still rings true to this day.
back in 2007 when my connection was ass and the laptop frames were worse, medic was a ton of fun to play, just hella chaos on the edge of the front line keeping everyone topped off and grinding uber pushes out one after another, just stay close egnough to keep the beam attached. So fulfilling in those days.

MaoBigDong

你妈妈很胖
kiwifarms.net
Love playing kritz med and demolishing entire teams with a competent demo/soldier to pocket. Hell even a heavy can be good if they know what they’re doing with it. This usually only works if you know someone on your team is good enough to pocket or you’re in a party though.

I think a lot of people get turned off playing med because they solo queue. Constantly ubering a team that just wont push is a nightmare. I main med but usually if I solo queue I end up switching to something else because my team would rather sit and defend our sentry nest than move up. Community servers like uncletopia are better for solo med play but not by much. It’s just so much easier to enjoy playing med with friends and/or smart players.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Love playing kritz med and demolishing entire teams with a competent demo/soldier to pocket. Hell even a heavy can be good if they know what they’re doing with it. This usually only works if you know someone on your team is good enough to pocket or you’re in a party though.

I think a lot of people get turned off playing med because they solo queue. Constantly ubering a team that just wont push is a nightmare. I main med but usually if I solo queue I end up switching to something else because my team would rather sit and defend our sentry nest than move up. Community servers like uncletopia are better for solo med play but not by much. It’s just so much easier to enjoy playing med with friends and/or smart players.
ye most these servers always has a wannabe pro tryhard soldier or demo its almost always an easy win if you go medic. I only ever go medic since playing medic on a shit team is a fools errand.

Mike Stoklasa

v=YbsRfRmL5Kc
kiwifarms.net
I rarely ever play medic but quick fix is a nice medigun. I prefer just being the one who tops off everyone’s overheal and prevents them from dying rather than being the push machine with uber and kritz
I am a big fan of QF but a lot of players get really shitty about it, even if you have another medic with the standard gun. It has a undeserved bad reputation.

I've carried teams with the QF on multiple occasions when other medics were doing mediocre work or the team was camping a capture point instead of pushing.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
what is it with pub Medics and healing exclusively heavy? I main heavy and any time I play casual I usually have a Medic butt plug, and when I don’t we have 4 snipers and 3 spies.

Etrian Autistry

Dumbgeon Delver
kiwifarms.net
what is it with pub Medics and healing exclusively heavy? I main heavy and any time I play casual I usually have a Medic butt plug, and when I don’t we have 4 snipers and 3 spies.
A large portion of the people in pubs are new, so they stick to really basic concepts; pyros w+m1 with no airblast, spies don't know how to act and just go for 1 ebin backstab per life, and medics latch onto the highest health classes they can find (somewhat out of relating medics as heavy's best friend in most TF2 media, but also because the highest HP person around means they can tank more shots before the medic gets targetted.) Heavies are also some of the highest priority targets for overhealing in general because of the monsterous amount of HP they get, so I wouldn't complain if you have a medic buttplug inside you making you better at your job.

John Freeman

der free man
kiwifarms.net
A large portion of the people in pubs are new, so they stick to really basic concepts; pyros w+m1 with no airblast, spies don't know how to act and just go for 1 ebin backstab per life, and medics latch onto the highest health classes they can find (somewhat out of relating medics as heavy's best friend in most TF2 media, but also because the highest HP person around means they can tank more shots before the medic gets targetted.) Heavies are also some of the highest priority targets for overhealing in general because of the monsterous amount of HP they get, so I wouldn't complain if you have a medic buttplug inside you making you better at your job.
Fair enough. It just starts to become a problem when people behave exceptionally towards me because the Medic is up my ass exclusively.

Geoff Peterson

kiwifarms.net
Fair enough. It just starts to become a problem when people behave exceptionally towards me because the Medic is up my ass exclusively.
I dislike that sort of thing too, especially when I'm running meme loadouts like shotgun Heavy. I don't want to play optimally, damnit. I just want to act exceptional.

Daniel

kiwifarms.net
Looks like TF2 Classic playerbase is dwindling rather quickly after the authors decides to pull the plug of the downloads. So far there is only one server with 18 people on it, the rest of the servers are simply deserted.

Is Valve up to something, or they left them to rot, waiting for an official response? Nothing worthy has been said from the TF2C devs since the 10th of Sept.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity, I checked out the website that's linked with the bots. I won't share it because that's what they want but I found out this one is a subscription service for $50 a year. There are people who will pay $50 a year to be a faggot.

Having said that, I had a few enjoyable rounds with people who are able to coordinate the bans. I miss having the comics attached to these events, I feel Farmageddon could have had one.

Last edited:

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
spies don't know how to act and just go for 1 ebin backstab per life, and medics latch onto the highest health classes they can find (somewhat out of relating medics as heavy's best friend in most TF2 media, but also because the highest HP person around means they can tank more shots before the medic gets targetted.)
Nothing will ever be funnier than watching a retarded spy with no sense of his surroundings getting greedy and deciding to backstab somebody without bothering to slap a sapper on the level 3 sentry gun they somehow did not hear and dying mere seconds later, and of course it's always happening on valve servers.

WULULULULU

We call this a difficulty tweak! Broke Dick Ed.
kiwifarms.net
Looks like TF2 Classic playerbase is dwindling rather quickly after the authors decides to pull the plug of the downloads. So far there is only one server with 18 people on it, the rest of the servers are simply deserted.

Is Valve up to something, or they left them to rot, waiting for an official response? Nothing worthy has been said from the TF2C devs since the 10th of Sept.
Expect the latter. Valve does not care about the old games anymore hence most of the older games has bugs/exploits fixed through mods and not official patches. Even lowering your expectation will not be enough since Valve or the community will fuck up in some way or another.

ABE LINN COHN

Murdered by the COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD
kiwifarms.net
These new anti-kick bots are ridiculous. How can these faggots have such determination to kill the game?

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net