Team Fortress 2 - Hat Fortress 2: America's #1 War-themed Hat Simulator

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Best class(es) to play as?

• Total voters

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
I had a discussion about this and we concluded that you know you messed up when people would rather play bot infested TF2 over OW. And the latter has coom bait too.
Burly_Beast.png
OW didn't even come close to the raw animal sexuality that was tf2

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
dude when overwatch came out i was absolutely sure that it was going to kill team fortress. but then blizzard decided that they had to try and force their players to get into esports. not only did everyone stop playing, it's not a tf2 clone anymore, it's some weird on-rails moba. you can't even switch characters mid game or have any variation in team composition
I realized Overwatch wouldn't put a dent in TF2's popularity the second I heard about team sizes. A casual mode for even the sweatiest team game needs to have a high player cap. This isn't even about game balance, but simple math. One useless player on your team has 1/12 impact in TF2, but 2x as much in OW. On the flip side, it's harder to stomp 12 people at once compared to 6 so it's more balanced that way too. "Streamlining" the transition from casual to competitive modes in your game by making them essentially the same is the absolute worst trend in FPS games. Luckily the only people pushing anything similar to this in TF2 are the irrelevant compfags and they've already done enough damage in Meet Your Match to never be listened to again.

Ralphy Jimby (Real)

Born 2 Shit; Forced 2 Wipe
kiwifarms.net
I was hoping I could run this 15 year old game on my 2016 thinkpad but I guess the hats bloated it beyond playability.
Despite buying a decent laptop 4 years ago, which still holds up barely to modern games, I keep getting thrown off with stutters and FPS drops in TF2, even on the regular maps/servers.

Really took whatever will I had to keep playing out of me. Haven't played in months...

OJ Simpson

Hey Kiwi World, It's Yours Truly.
kiwifarms.net
Is it main servers that people keep going on about when talking about cheaters/bots? I've been playing on specific community servers for like 9 years so I wasn't even aware there was an issue. There's an occasional (obvious) cheater but they get banned from the servers quickly.

I naively thought, maybe not most but a good chunk, of the player population were using server browser. Maybe that is the case but those servers are barely moderated?

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
Is it main servers that people keep going on about when talking about cheaters/bots? I've been playing on specific community servers for like 9 years so I wasn't even aware there was an issue. There's an occasional (obvious) cheater but they get banned from the servers quickly.

I naively thought, maybe not most but a good chunk, of the player population were using server browser. Maybe that is the case but those servers are barely moderated?
A lot of community servers died and most people want vanilla maps, vanilla rules, and no modded crap. There are vanilla servers left but they are what I call Roleplay Competitive where its just a bunch of pubstompers who want to pubstomp but cant since most people are good at the game now.

Trash Puppet

kiwifarms.net

Yeah, you enter a casual match and 99% of the time the server is filled with sniper/heavy bots that mic spam and some copy the names of real players. Very difficult to play when the entire enemy team is aim bots. Difficult to kick too if the bots out number real players or you kick the wrong person with the same name.

Frail Snail

kiwifarms.net
I was hoping I could run this 15 year old game on my 2016 thinkpad but I guess the hats bloated it beyond playability.
Get yourself a mastercomfig if you haven't yet. It's fairly straightforward to configure because of its modular structure. Not enough? Consider Clean TF2 Plus, which is basically nohats mod on steroids. The latter won't work on servers with strict sv_pure settings, but not a lot of community ones are like that.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
I realized Overwatch wouldn't put a dent in TF2's popularity the second I heard about team sizes. A casual mode for even the sweatiest team game needs to have a high player cap. This isn't even about game balance, but simple math. One useless player on your team has 1/12 impact in TF2, but 2x as much in OW. On the flip side, it's harder to stomp 12 people at once compared to 6 so it's more balanced that way too. "Streamlining" the transition from casual to competitive modes in your game by making them essentially the same is the absolute worst trend in FPS games. Luckily the only people pushing anything similar to this in TF2 are the irrelevant compfags and they've already done enough damage in Meet Your Match to never be listened to again.
Overwatch also doesn't have any "real" support classes or "spy" classes. Every class in OW is a DPS class with one simple (and often automatic) "support" ability tacked on.

ABE LINN COHN

Murdered by the COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD
kiwifarms.net
That taunt where the Engineer sits on a reclining chair and drinks beer kicks ass but then people found out a bunch of taunts so you could make it look like you're having s*x with him and it kept getting worse from there :(
looping/sitting taunts should have started and ended with engi. there's no reason any other class should be sitting down during combat for an extended period of time. engi's only works because he has his buildings doing all the work for him.