Tech Review/News Site Recommendations Thread - Most all tech review/news sources welcome.

BONE_Buddy

That Defense Sperg.
kiwifarms.net
It occurs to me that Tech journalism is like most journalism, mostly crap with a few hidden diamonds in the rough.

Far too few people (including me) know about the good stuff.
____
So, starting with my very limited knowledge on PC technology

Hardware Canucks:

https://hardwarecanucks.com/

They do mostly hardware, and their reviews don't seem to be shit.

Overclocker's club:

Used to do a lot of well... overclocking and hardware testing. Though it looks like they have shifted away from that and into gaming.

AnandTech:

Lots of industry announcements, some reviews. They seem to pick up on leaks quickly.

HEXUS.NET

More industry announcement stuff, some gaming, some mobile. I think AnanTech is better.

I think I will occasionally come back through and amend the OP with your undoubtedly brilliant recommendations.

• Informative
Reactions: Kamov Ka-52

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
I disagree about Hardware Canucks. When the 5700XT came out, they tried really hard to justify the 2070's existence, which boiled down to ray-tracing. A feature that costs too much on performance for more accurate reflection, what a deal.

• Informative
Reactions: BONE_Buddy

Smaug's Smokey Hole

kiwifarms.net
I didn't see Gamers Nexus, so I recommend that.
They're good, here's a link to the YT channel.

They also have a site with write-ups to complement the videos and that's where all the graphs and charts can be found if someone would like to take a closer look.

A channel that isn't news but still interesting is Budget Builds.

Instead of testing the latest, greatest and most expensive hardware the guy running it does videos on how old hardware performs today and how cheap you can make a gaming PC and get away with it using second hand parts from eBay. It might not be for everyone but I find it interesting to see how a $500 card that can be bought for $10 today performs in modern games, same with CPUs and the like.

• Agree
Reactions: Nguyen Van Phuoc

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Instead of testing the latest, greatest and most expensive hardware the guy running it does videos on how old hardware performs today and how cheap you can make a gaming PC and get away with it using second hand parts from eBay. It might not be for everyone but I find it interesting to see how a $500 card that can be bought for $10 today performs in modern games, same with CPUs and the like.
F2F tech is really good too with that

• Informative
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OSReviews doesn't flare up their product overviews or hype up basic stuff as anything other than a utility, so if you need a zero-frills product review for everything down to earth and affordable I'd recommend.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino