Tech Tips - protips, life hacks

NIGGER ASS PEE POOPY RAPE

erect: ╭ᑎ╮ pee: ╰Ụ╯ micropenis: ╰ᶸ╯ ⁞ LONG: Ɛ====Э
kiwifarms.net
I finally figured out how to watch youtube playlists in reverse after years of relying on shitty browser extensions that keep breaking
  1. install mpv
  2. put youtube-dl.exe in mpv installation folder
  3. run mpv https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIcn3kkOW_amAs8bXXmf1l3-Tcsha6o4r --ytdl-raw-options=playlist-reverse=
watch entire channels in chronological order like God intended: mpv https://www.youtube.com/SleepyCabin --ytdl-raw-options=playlist-reverse=

it works with bitchute channels but fails to get NSFW/NSFL videos: mpv https://www.bitchute.com/channel/KiwiFarms --ytdl-raw-options=playlist-reverse=

Picture-in-picture (can resize to any size unlike in chromium): add --ontop --no-border

limit quality to 1080p: add --ytdl-format="bestvideo[height<=1080]+bestaudio/best"

more youtube-dl options - more mpv options

Last edited:

cjöcker

Heya, kiddo!
kiwifarms.net
If you're still part of the botnet and use (((Windows))) you can move windows with the arrow keys while holding windows/super and if you hold shift while doing that you can switch between monitors. Also if you do ctrl+tab number (alt on GNyU/Linux) it'll take you to that tab. I have no need for a mouse anymore.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
If you're still part of the botnet and use (((Windows))) you can move windows with the arrow keys while holding windows/super and if you hold shift while doing that you can switch between monitors. Also if you do ctrl+tab number (alt on GNyU/Linux) it'll take you to that tab. I have no need for a mouse anymore.
I resent the times when I'm forced to use the mouse in windows and a lot of other programs. I have macroed so much shit to a secondary numpad that I hardly remember any shortcuts. Pro-life tech tip: get a USB numpad or secondary keyboard, download Intercept or LUA Macros and AutoHotKey, then go nuts. The few times I post an article I paste it in Notepad++ then press a key that deals with formatting and removing HTML garbage and strange formatting.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Not really a pro tip but if you are a Luddite like me don't be a fool and get an SSD if you have the money.

I got used to using linux which feels snappy even on a mechanical drive. Doing more gaming recently on my windows laptop and always annoyed at how sluggish Windows 10 is. How the fuck is my decade old thinkpad making this gaming laptop feel like a potato in comparison?

Installed an nvme SSD on it recently and the difference is night and day. Windows feels usable now. I feel like an asshole for not doing it sooner.

kiwifarms.net
Bookmarks

random album: javascript:location.href='https://www.discogs.com/release/'+Math.floor(Math.random()*16000000);
update the number to 17000000 in a year or two, discogs lists about 300k new releases per year

random movie/TV series/etc.: javascript:location.href='https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=feature,tv_movie,tv_series,tv_special,tv_miniseries,documentary,video_game,short,video,tv_short&adult=include&moviemeter='+Math.floor(Math.random()*2000000);
you can decrease this number to get more popular results. 2000000 is every title listed on IMDB, changing it to 1000 would only select from the top 1K most popular titles

random video game: javascript:location.href='https://www.mobygames.com/random/game?'+Date.now();

Last edited:

Boss Nigger

Part Legend, Part Devil, All Man
kiwifarms.net
fellow keepass niggers, if you group your logins how do you do it. Do you do it by site or application?

Razel

Give me the dust of my father.
kiwifarms.net
why does Windows take up 14 out of 21 gigabytes of my shitty laptop?
Are you sure it's Windows itself, or could it be software you have set to automatically run on startup in the background?

A little experiment:

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), and click the "Memory" column header to sort your running apps by memory usage.

What are the top offenders? Anything in there you don't need to have running? If you've got anything set to auto run that really doesn't need to, you can click the "startup" tab and disable that shit.

Additionally, do you actually shut your laptop down, or do you use hibernate/sleep instead? Most laptops come preconfigured to only sleep when you close the lid. Many modern apps are poorly written, bloated pieces of crap whose memory footprints will slowly inflate over time. Shut the poor fucker down once in a while, or at least reboot from time to time.

Edit to add some other tips of my own:
Virtual desktops finally came to Windows more recently. Press Win + Tab to open task switcher, then click "Add new Desktop" up top. You can use Ctrl + Win + Left/Right arrow to switch desktops. This is useful for multitasking at work, or for screwing around at the office/browsing pr0n at home if you don't live alone. I've found it insanely useful to keep different tasks in separate containers with this feature, such as having my code pulled up in one Desktop and reference materials in another.

A few software recommendations:
Notepad++ - looks a bit dated, but it has insanely powerful macro functionality and supports plugins to add to that. Really can't be beaten for text manipulation.
Microsoft VS Code - It's an Electron meme app, but it's got a lot of cutomizability and functionality that makes it my choice for a pseudo-IDE when writing Python.
ArsClip - Clipboard manager with macro functionality, clipboard history, and features to enter keystrokes, integrate copied text into preset paste macros, etc. Super friggin' useful if you work with text a lot.
KiTTY - If you use PuTTY for anything at all, check out KiTTY. It's a fork that adds a number of features the PuTTY user base asked for that the developer just wasn't interested in adding himself.
ConEmu - Brings a tabbed interface to terminal emulators like KiTTY/PuTTY, as well as an optional Guake-like shutter/slide-down function. Protip: You can also attach other applications as tabs in ConEmu. For a while I did this with a Chrome desktop applet I created for a commonly used web interface at work, plus an instance of N++ for quick text manipulation.

Last edited:

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I seem to have terrible luck with external hard drives. I've only owned a couple but they both broke, including a new (at the time) 500gb western digital ssd.
Yesterday, I felt inspired and cracked open its case. Turns out it's just an internal hard drive with a USB converter on it. Apparently a lot of external hard drives are just that, internal hard drives with a converter and plastic casing. I was actually able to make it usable from there although I still don't trust it.

Reactions: Allakazam223

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net
I seem to have terrible luck with external hard drives. I've only owned a couple but they both broke, including a new (at the time) 500gb western digital ssd.
Yesterday, I felt inspired and cracked open its case. Turns out it's just an internal hard drive with a USB converter on it. Apparently a lot of external hard drives are just that, internal hard drives with a converter and plastic casing. I was actually able to make it usable from there although I still don't trust it.
Just get something like this and a few 3.5" mechanical hard drives.

Reactions: melty

RubberbandMan

My dick is elastic
kiwifarms.net
I'm looking for a new Email service, been using Protonmail for General stuff and I want to switch to something good.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Before they sold USB-SATA converters I made my own by cracking open a couple of external hard drives, pulling the board out and taping it up so it wouldn't get damaged. Very useful for work at the time though it still needed a power adapter(it was before WD wrecked USB 2.0 with the Passport).
It can still be done except they're tricky to get open these days, no one uses screws anymore.

Scribus is a free open source alternative to Adobe InDesign. Does it have all the features of InDesign? No. Are you among the top tier users that need everything InDesign has to offer? Probably not, but that's not necessary to make a fancy and passive aggressive flowchart telling people how to use the printer.

Reactions: melty

kiwifarms.net
random website generator:
  1. find the biggest list of websites you can get your hands on. here's a list of over 90 million domains (0.6 GB download, 2.4 GB uncompressed)
  2. use this shell script to unreverse the domains (so they're like bigblackcock.co.uk instead of uk.co.bigblackcock):
    Code:
    awk '{
       s = ""
       split($0, arr, /\W+/, seps)
       for (i=length(arr); i>=1; i--)
          s = s seps[i] arr[i]
       print s
    }' domains.txt > unreversed-domains.txt
  3. run this to get 10 random websites: shuf -n 10 unreversed-domains.txt
it takes about a minute for shuf to scan the 2.4 GB txt file but raising the number of websites it generates doesn't increase the wait. you can use Cygwin or MSYS2 to do this on Windows

• Informative
Reactions: fartsnstuf
Tags
None