Teen Titans GO! Movie Teaser Trailer Salt - Cartoon Spergs strike back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feline Darkmage

Queen Trap Tank, the Vice Catto
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the original show had a TV/DVD movie, and spergs are trying to use the fact that this is getting a theatrical run and that didn't is some sort of conspiracy againt them to ruin their lives and "destroy childhoods".
Good maybe one of them will suicide.

• Feels
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

8777BB5

Keep Her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
Okay I read thread and one thing that I saw brought up a few times, which I wholeheartedly agree with, is that the people who are getting upset with Teen Titans Go "defiling" the memory of the original Teen Titans seem to be looking back on the show with Rose colored glasses. When I was kid no one I knew liked it because we thought it was the most obnoxious show on the planet. If one were to actually go back and watch the show they wound find plenty of moments that would fit on Teen Titans Go.

Pikonic

Now catchable in Pokémon GO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone acts like we’re in some North Korea like community where we have to watch this one movie because Dear Leader approves.
The MPAA estimates that 600 movies are made every year.
Surely there’s at least one movie that won’t make you reee.

Alan Pardew

alexander4488/Game Dude ✓
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know what's really autistic about this? The fact that people are comparing this shit to the Emoji Movie, despite one movie being an hour-long advertisement for a dying trend, and the other being a harmless superhero kid's flick.
though i can understand these people's concerns, it really ticks me off that a movie can garner this much salt in the fandom.
They desperately want the movie to fail just because it's something they hate. It's not uncommon even years back.

Do they even know that even if the movie somehow turns out to be the lowest rated movie ever and makes a huge loss, that won't get the fans back the original Teen Titans?

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net
Thing is, the Batman franchise is so massive and it's been around for so long and been through so many different incarnations that if there's one iteration you don't like, you can just ignore it completely and you still have thousands of hours of Batman entertainment. Don't like campy, Silver Age Batman? Doesn't matter, you can skip over the '50's-60's runs of the comics, the Adam West show and Batman & Robin and go straight to the edgy '90's stuff. No one since the late '30's has started with the very first Batman comic ever and read everything in order, partly because there is no real order. Can't stand the idea of a TTG movie? You don't have to watch it! There's still plenty of more Teen Titans related content out there.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
Thing is, the Batman franchise is so massive and it's been around for so long and been through so many different incarnations that if there's one iteration you don't like, you can just ignore it completely and you still have thousands of hours of Batman entertainment. Don't like campy, Silver Age Batman? Doesn't matter, you can skip over the '50's-60's runs of the comics, the Adam West show and Batman & Robin and go straight to the edgy '90's stuff. No one since the late '30's has started with the very first Batman comic ever and read everything in order, partly because there is no real order. Can't stand the idea of a TTG movie? You don't have to watch it! There's still plenty of more Teen Titans related content out there.
I agree with you, but people these days don't seem to have learned the idea of just not going to see something they aren't interested in. They have to turn it into some sort of crusade about how awful it is and why no one else should see it. And it's not just limited to TTG either, I see this shit practically everywhere now.

TTG is a show that's relentlessly attacked by people who never figured out that nothing is making them watch it. They don't have to see it if they don't want to, and yet here we are.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I agree with you, but people these days don't seem to have learned the idea of just not going to see something they aren't interested in. They have to turn it into some sort of crusade about how awful it is and why no one else should see it. And it's not just limited to TTG either, I see this shit practically everywhere now.

TTG is a show that's relentlessly attacked by people who never figured out that nothing is making them watch it. They don't have to see it if they don't want to, and yet here we are.
Yessir - that "Just Don't Go" clip from The Critic is becoming more and more relevant, now - not just for what's on subject, either...

Salt Water Taffy

Only bad witches are ugly.
kiwifarms.net

Yessir - that "Just Don't Go" clip from The Critic is becoming more and more relevant, now - not just for what's on subject, either...
Problem is these days the dumbest and loudest voices get so attached to a franchise or something like that that they have this need for everything in a franchise to be not only perfect but exactly the way they want them. If they don't like something in their pet franchise, it's a direct attack on them and the sanctity of the franchise as a whole.

It's particularly egregious among the Pixar nutcases, who insist that every film the studio puts out be impeccably perfect, and the Cars franchise in particular should not exist because it's less intellectual than the other franchises. Thing is, Pixar isn't even a franchise. It's a studio. These films aren't connected and you don't have to watch them all or enjoy them all. The Cars franchise has a right to exist. Let the studio make a silly film designed to sell toys. Heck, the Toy Story franchise, which Pixar nuts speak about like it's above criticism, is a silly film designed to sell toys!

Back in the day people, when they saw a bad movie or they read a bad book, they shook it off and forgot about it. In 1980, if you liked the first Star Wars but you didn't like Empire Strikes Back, you forgot about it after a while. But now people get offended on behalf of a franchise if there's something that's not as good as the best things in the franchise, or even just something that they don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino