Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Micheal Bay Reboots

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

gaystoner

There's lots of World out there
kiwifarms.net
Kind of shocked there isnt a thread talking about this. The TMNT reboot was over shadowed by the Marvel series but shockingly this series does a better job of honoring the source material than other super hero films.

The Turtles arent animated in a "cutsey" way but tbh they look like humanized turtles. The CGI action sequences actually make sense. The Hobbit trilogy's over the top CGI action / acrobatics never made sense for example but with Ninja Turtles...yea. its cool. Michaelangelo gets his in comedy bits, Raphael is the tough guy, Donatello the brains and Leonardo the more charismatic leader. Same thing goes for Splinter as their dad/sensei. Shredder is a solid comicbook villain with the actor delivering.

If youre at all tired of "capeshit" but still want to see an action "superhero" movie thats funny at times while delivering explosions / CGI fights

Oh and the follow up movie has Krang.

Sex Cannon Lupa

kiwifarms.net
I liked Megan Fox as April, and kind of like how the first movie made her the main character.

I didn't like the turtles being hulking bulletproof giants. It took away any sense of danger and caused everything to degenerate into ugly CG messes since normal humans weren't any threat to them.

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
I saw both movies and were better than the Transformers movies but that's not saying much. I think I would have enjoyed it as a child, as an adult really didn't offer me anything but it wasn't made for adults.

Also RLM review of the first one

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I grew up with the '87 turtles and I want a fan of this shit.
Same here, as the cartoon version was the first time I witnessed American cartoons trying to replicate anime from Japan, but from an Americanized standpoint.

This and X-Men: The Animated Series were the gateway to trying to find out more cartoons like this.