Tell me about small nice towns in the USA. - Cruising U.S.A Theme

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
Ocala, Florida. Small town of about 60k in a county of 300k between Gainesville and Tampa.

Northeast Florida and North Central Florida are the best parts of the state and completely underrated, although a lot slower paced. But if you're looking for more excitement there's also easy access to Miami, Orlando and Atlanta.

crocodilian

K. K. K.an't Edit Posts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, they're white. If you move there they will be less white, and thus less nice. I also assume you'll vote for the same dumb Democrat policies that ruined wherever you're moving from. Most small towns in America (via the home owner's association, generally) will veto your residence with the above facts in mind.

My advice takes the form of a song:

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
Been on the road a few months ago. Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas is essentially small pools of civilization surrounded by miles upon miles of desert and badlands. Outside of the obligatory Wal-Mart or local thrift store, there isn't much in terms of electronic products. Do your research on what's nearby to avoid driving 2 hours from Van Horn to El Paso for an replacement quality laptop.

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
Been on the road a few months ago. Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas is essentially small pools of civilization surrounded by miles upon miles of desert and badlands. Outside of the obligatory Wal-Mart or local thrift store, there isn't much in terms of electronic entertainment.

I thought areas like Tucson and Las Cruces were supposed to be up and coming hip art towns full of neat shit or whatever.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
That might be true for Tucson, but Las Cruces looked like an cattle auction from the interstate. In fact, Las Cruces is more of an generic small city with the aerospace industry in the area.

But I will say that Demning, NM is little more than a business loop with an residential district attached to it. It's so unsucessful, that an hotel died from competing with 5 or 6 other places. Plus, there's an abandoned gas station or two. But would you expect more from a pit stop for I-10?

Last edited:

Plaguemine

Ah new disease-filth for stoopid man-things!
kiwifarms.net
Small town are normally suspicious of new people. So unless your goning to Amazon everything to your door. Expect alot of stares and short replies for a few years at worst.
Not everyone of them is like that but the one I lived in, was.
Travelers, fine. Outsiders moving in? Well, there goes the country side....

Other than that, if your fine with nothing around you of intrest( theaters, malls, eateries) for a hour or twos drive, then its not bad.

I miss the wild life and being able to see the stars. When I walked outside, no one to bug me or ask me how my day is, unless I was actually in town (the gas station and two stores). Auctions and festivals were super awesome because its the only entertainment for alot of people around the area for months. So they normally went hole hog on something so small.
Small town drama is the best because it is so dumb but to them its everything.

Id go back if I could afford to live out there again....its just so expensive on gas if you have to drive out and hour every day for work

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
Small town are normally suspicious of new people. So unless your goning to Amazon everything to your door. Expect alot of stares and short replies for a few years at worst.
Not everyone of them is like that but the one I lived in, was.
Travelers, fine. Outsiders moving in? Well, there goes the country side....
You sound paranoid. Maybe the reason your town was like that was... people like you?

Syaoran Li

Boomer Sympathizer and Self-Hating Late Millennial
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wise, Virginia is a nice little town.

It's also fairly cheap to live there since the region is dirt poor, but the people there are nice. That being said, the whole area is hillbilly as fuck. Overall it's pretty chill and you got a lot of beautiful woodland and mountains.

Other suggestions of mine would include Boone, North Carolina and Beckley, West Virginia. You also got a lot of nice towns in rural upstate New York

COCl₂

¡¿Qué hora es?!
kiwifarms.net
Look around military installations if you are a minority. You probably should not directly live in that town, but the acceptance level is good in the area.

Reactions: D_Tractor

Disheveled Human

Imagine Jerking off to Japanese mens art
kiwifarms.net
Pop. with 500 or so are good. The only problem is everyone looks alike so its easy to confuse Colton's sister Shelly with Steve's sister Becky. Last names are similar like the Keaton family vs the Keeton family, different last names so definitely no relation there.

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
St. Clair or Port Huron, Michigan. Beautiful hundred-year-old houses, nice shopping, huge river at the edge of town where you can watch gigantic cargo ships go by (and it has small channels that branch off and run through residential areas so you can have a dock in your back yard), a few minutes drive from Lake St. Clair, historical sites all over the place (like Thomas Edison's home), lots of community events. Far enough from Detroit that there are barely any chimps (0.3%), not a bad crime rate. Great place to live. Canada is right across the river, across the Blue Water Bridge, if you want to visit another country.

Last edited:

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Central Washington. Probably cheap. But downtown has rumors of being drug central at night. Nothing to do but drink wine and eat apples.

You can live in the farmlands and be like 30 minutes from shopping. Lot of Native Reservations.

Last edited:

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
If you are black I suggest Caribbean or virgin islands.
Yes they are Democratic but you be in an all black community with less of the retardation
Jamaica probably. Haiti is a shithole but Jamaica, while it has its problems, is better. But I don't think he wants to leave the country.

Oregon has some beautiful rural areas but the big cities have pozzed the politics all to hell. Wyoming, Montana, and Oklahoma have some nice places too. As far as racism, I feel like a lot of people on this thread are exaggerating. In most places out west if you're not a pain in the ass who yells at whitey and cops, most people will accept you fine. I'd say the best way to check is to just visit and ask people how it'd be to move there. If people have a problem with you or there's a Neo-Nazi compound that you might want to avoid (rare, but places like that exist) the locals will let you know pretty quickly.

Tags
None