Tell me about small nice towns in the USA. - Cruising U.S.A Theme

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
A short drive in Atlanta? Can such things be?
Well, Fredericksburg is an hour's drive away from Austin; along with Sequin being around two hours away from San Antonio. So, it's not surprising to be out in the boondocks and have an metropolis within driving distance.

TinyKitty

kiwifarms.net
Streator, IL, population about 15k. It has managed to keep a classic, charming small-town feel by virtue of being off the highway, it's only accessible by two-lane roads. Their town Fourth of July celebration is an old-fashioned Norman-Rockwell-style festival of wholesomeness where everyone turns out for the barbecue and talent show before settling down on blankets in the park to watch the fireworks.

Botchy Galoop

Socially Distant
kiwifarms.net
I always struggle to explain what the Palouse is to people.

"Well, y'see there is this area as big as Rhode Island that is sorta like a prairie but it has these gigantic dunes of dirt..."
As beautiful as the Palouse is from the top of say, Steptoe Butte, it is truly breathtaking if you are lucky enough to take an aerial tour of it. The endless expanse of rolling hills, in a patchwork of browns, golds and greens is, I believe, one of the the most unique vista's on earth. Go Cougs!

• Winner
Reactions: ColtWalker1847

Sped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Well, Fredericksburg is an hour's drive away from Austin; along with Seguin being around two hours away from San Antonio. So, it's not surprising to be out in the boondocks and have an metropolis within driving distance.
No, no, San Antonio has nothing on Atlanta for traffic. It gets rough from time to time in SA, but when I haul through Atlanta I always pad in at least three hours. I was just making a joke about that.

Tags
None