Tell Your Video Game Stories - Autism Story Time

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

vertexwindi

That's for employing me for eight years!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I was eight years old or so, playing Pokémon Yellow trying to do the Mew glitch on my GBASP. For those that don't know, the Mew glitch is done by pressing start on the exact frame you step in front of a trainer and get seen, then you fly away which confuses the game into thinking you're in battle when you're not, causing the start menu to stop working. Then if you battle a trainer, win the battle and go to a specific spot on the map the start menu pops up again and closing it will cause the game to read the Special stat of the last fought Pokémon to be read as the Pokémon encounter value instead. If it's 21, you get Mew.

So there are different variations on this glitch that either work or don't work based on which version of RBY you're playing. I didn't know that, so I tried it and the moment I hit start right before I was seen by the trainer, the game freaked out, causing all the graphics to get garbled and replace the music with some weird humming noise. Restarting the game fixed it, but after that my GBASP refused to play GBA games anymore, only original GB ones worked. I tried numerous different titles and they all froze up right after the boot-up screen. I don't know how long it was broken like that, but one day I got frustrated enough to hit the back of the console into a wall. Out of curiosity's sake I tried a GBA game afterwards and it worked. I never had problems with that SP again but I still don't understand it.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I was eight years old or so, playing Pokémon Yellow trying to do the Mew glitch on my GBASP. For those that don't know, the Mew glitch is done by pressing start on the exact frame you step in front of a trainer and get seen, then you fly away which confuses the game into thinking you're in battle when you're not, causing the start menu to stop working. Then if you battle a trainer, win the battle and go to a specific spot on the map the start menu pops up again and closing it will cause the game to read the Special stat of the last fought Pokémon to be read as the Pokémon encounter value instead. If it's 21, you get Mew.

So there are different variations on this glitch that either work or don't work based on which version of RBY you're playing. I didn't know that, so I tried it and the moment I hit start right before I was seen by the trainer, the game freaked out, causing all the graphics to get garbled and replace the music with some weird humming noise. Restarting the game fixed it, but after that my GBASP refused to play GBA games anymore, only original GB ones worked. I tried numerous different titles and they all froze up right after the boot-up screen. I don't know how long it was broken like that, but one day I got frustrated enough to hit the back of the console into a wall. Out of curiosity's sake I tried a GBA game afterwards and it worked. I never had problems with that SP again but I still don't understand it.

And I thought blowing into a NES cartridge to get it to work was weird in retrospect.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
How I win at Mario Kart...

703658cebc389141b9a8260e3eccd0b5.gif

The Last Stand

It's mine, x3. Whose world is this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm playing as a Black female solider on the Axis side shouting German phrases at Americans using a gold plated assault rifle. After all said and done, I do a little dance at the after credits report. Just how WW2 was MEANT to be experienced.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the weirder things I can remember happening in a game was in Grand Theft Auto III I inputted the cheats that made pedestrians attack each other as well as the cheat that gave them weapons, so the whole city was in total chaos.

But then in the middle of this I see two pedestrians standing in front of each other a few feet apart, they would raise their guns at each other and then lower them, raise them and then lower them until finally one of them said "you're gonna know pain!" and then BOOM the other took the opportunity to blow them away with a shotgun.

One of the only times I can remember AI acting so strange, as if it was actually thinking.

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
Over 900 hours in Binding of Isaac and I nope'd the fuck out when Edmund nerfed the Lost in Repentence.

The Lost is the hardest character worth using
Keeper is bullshit and should never have been in the game
but Edmund decided that too many people were rocking Godhead so now the Lost lost a fuckton of advantages.

albert the programmer

In Memoriam Of Vangelis (1943-2022)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
5E14FA1C-6C34-4013-B19C-4F50D833DD4F.jpeg

I want to buy this on Friday because when I as growing up as a kid, I played almost all Game Boy versions from the Advance to the SP. Yet, I don’t remember playing the gray brick version.

That and plus, I don’t need a reason to make bus trips more entertaining while on the go.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2921140

I want to buy this on Friday because when I as growing up as a kid, I played almost all Game Boy versions from the Advance to the SP. Yet, I don’t remember playing the gray brick version.

That and plus, I don’t need a reason to make bus trips more entertaining while on the go.
You also skipped the Game Boy Color, little nigger.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
I've been dipping my toes into different old-skool fighters because it's getting to the point where facing people in SuperTurbo on FightCade is getting boring. You play something like that online so much you start to predict the other person's play style in like the first 10 seconds.

Use Zangief/THawk ---> People run away from you.
Use Honda ---> People MASH THAT FUCKING LP BUTTON on you.
Facing Claw/Blanka ---> All they do is fucking jump!
Face Chun-Li/DeeJay/Guile ---> Turtle all fucking day until you're knocked down, then rape time.

First I jumped into Garou Makr Of The Wolves... reminded me of 3rd strike, and I hate 3rd strike.

Then I jumped into Breakers Revenge. Fell in love with it within a few days. Surprisingly has it's fans also, the room gets active with a match or two that takes place here and there, even from Americans. Unfortunately after spending a month in that room, the same issues that I had with the SuperTurbo room started to come up, specifically Sho and Tia, the two shotos in the game, are ALWAYS fucking used (with a side order of Dao-Long, the Guile of the game, and Saizo, a projectile user with a sword). I'm still sticking with it though, it's small enough that the tourneyfags haven't COMPLETELY ruined it.

The latest one I decided to jump into is Karnov's Revenge (Fighters History Dynamite). Long story short, you can literally describe any of the characters with the prefix "a worse version of..." as in "Matlock is a worse version of Guile" or "Marstorius is a worse version of Zangief". I managed to find ONE character that I was able to use and actually ENJOY using, so I'll see how it goes. Haven't had a match yet, but the CPU in that game is the cheapest motherfucker I've ever faced.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing Left 4 Dead 2 and I like to recall one of my favorite versus matches from a few years back.

It was on the third map in Dead Center where you had to break the store windows and rush upstairs to turn off the alarm. I was playing one of the survivors.

One of our guys got pulled down by a smoker to the very bottom floor which is not only rare, but in Versus is essentially a death sentence and most people would just leave them to die. I felt like messing around a bit and decided not to follow the rest of my team and ran down there to save him. I was able to pick him back up somehow, but not before getting incapped and eventually killed myself.

The guy I saved reunited with the rest of the team, and after shutting off the alarm, they found a defib and one of them said "Hey, let's go down there and revive that guy." It was a pretty long way from the alarm room all the way down to the bottom floor of the mall, and they had the enemy team constantly coming in to kill them. But somehow, they made it all the way down and revived me. We fought one more wave of zombies down there and continued all the way to the safe house. We all made it.

One of the guys on the other team called us "tryhards" and rage quit.

Moral of the story, you do something nice for somebody, chances are, they may do something nice for you.

Rollin' On My Cadillac

kiwifarms.net
Moral of the story, you do something nice for somebody, chances are, they may do something nice for you.

Speaking of good teammates...

There was this one CS:GO match I played ages ago, it was very closely contested, a lot of back and forth round wins, signs of a classic.
This one round, after we lost the previous, a teammated called for an eco (saving cash, not buying shit) but I accidentally got myself a rifle.
This dude goes, "alright Cadillac, you're the only one with a rifle, we need you to be the hero. You gotta get at least 3 kills".

I got exactly 3 kills. We lost that round (and won the game a bit later on), but damn, that was the most dialed-in I've ever felt.

Another instance is when my team was in a 2v2, teammate is on a different part of the map, both enemy players coming towards me.
I got both of them, and this guy said, "nice, I knew you could handle it".

Being positive and chill does wonders to the gaming experience, I found out.

Broseph

Just wanted her sweet can
kiwifarms.net
One of the weirder things I can remember happening in a game was in Grand Theft Auto III I inputted the cheats that made pedestrians attack each other as well as the cheat that gave them weapons, so the whole city was in total chaos.

But then in the middle of this I see two pedestrians standing in front of each other a few feet apart, they would raise their guns at each other and then lower them, raise them and then lower them until finally one of them said "you're gonna know pain!" and then BOOM the other took the opportunity to blow them away with a shotgun.

One of the only times I can remember AI acting so strange, as if it was actually thinking.
I can remember a really weird incident in GTA 3 a couple times when I was playing the game without cheat codes and I actually got carjacked by a random NPC. It was so fucking weird because the Npc acted like a human player in that they drove the car around very erratically after jacking me, bobbing around traffic and ignoring the traffic lights. I tried researching the "rouge npc" online but I couldn't find anything but I swear to God it really happened at least a couple times.

Deadwaste

i hate the internet and in return it hates me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i once played through about 95% of red dead 2 within a week and got right near the end (about 2 or 3 missions left until the last part of john's story) when my game crashed at one point. no problem, just restart the game and keep going. only for me to end up back in guarma for some reason. turned out, i forgot to switch back on autosaves at some point and didnt manually save the game at any point in time.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
I bought Squad a week ago and am obsessed with it now but nobody plays squad except crazy people apparently. And Russians. Same thing.

I have learned the Russian people in contrast to stereotype actually have a great sense of humor. Comedians, all of them. Their jokes usually involve them saying something about how Americans are all "fatty nigger" and saying we deserved 9/11 because of Iraq. Hilarious. Oscar Wilde levels of subtlety going on here. My squad lead, a fine Russian gentlemen with a username I don't know how to read, presented a classic Russian bit to his assembled underlings. "They say, in Russia, things bad. But we can all agree America is more bad". Not a single chuckle. Disgraceful, the guy's just trying to break the ice here. "Americans are...niggerfag". Ah, I've heard that one before. To Russians it's kind of like the "who's on first?" bit from Abbot and Costello. Realizing that people are now beginning to leave the squad I feel the need to salvage this relationship between brothers in arms. "C'mon everyone, let's put aside our differences for a moment. Yes, America is niggerfag. But we're also forgetting that America is fat fuck burger land and that Ukraine doesn't actually exist". This produces a Russian chuckle. It's the same sound as when they clear their throat after a shot of vodka.

"I'm English..." says an Englishman. As if anybody cares about the English when our squad lead, instead of driving to where he's supposed to go, is telling us that American women are nigger cum fuck toy. I've never heard this before, I'm intrigued, and this degenerate post-colonial nerd has to go and pipe up and derail the train of thought.

"England America whore". Ah, our squad leader chimes in with another zinger. These people getting angry over the mic just don't appreciate the nuances of the Russian sense of humor like I do. A moment of mutually enjoyable cultural exchange is being destroyed to our oversensitivity.

"Listen squad lead, " I say, "these are American niggerfags we're talking about. And one British kid. They know nothing of the literate and spectacular wit of the slavic race. Don't take it personally, we believe in the brotherhood of man here"

"Fuck you bitch" was his only response.

Anyway then we all got shot the end

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2921140

If you haven't bought yours yet, keep an eye out for screen rot:
1644306160056.png

See how the sides of the screen aren't dim like the rest? My childhood GB does that, it's about that bad, and those pixels are completely dead. You can get a replacement screen, but, that's something to watch out for.

SSj_Ness

Time to rape organized crime
kiwifarms.net
I remember playing Fallout: New Vegas late at night alone. It's a bit creepy sometimes but a far cry from a horror game, so yeah, you know where this is going. I was just buying shit from an NPC, and when I backed out of the menu, the game must have glitched and removed the skin from NPCs, and I'm suddenly zoomed right the fuck up in the NPC's face.

Gave me a spook, better than some horror games. Bring caught off-guard by that kind of shit is the most effective horror.